Jeff Burton

RogerDuke

You met Jeff Burton? He tell you how he got in a fight with Jeff Gordon? LOL. ;) He was a great driver. Hopefully his son will get the call up to NASCAR.

Talking of NASCAR...Dover has no lights and since the race was delayed long enough, the race will be tomorrow at noon on FS1. Chase Elliott (who won Talladega) will start from the pole. 

No I didn't meet him but I have exciting news for you Garrett. I went to my daughter's down in Winchester Virginia where they have a big apple blossom parade every year. Jeff Burton was one of the celebrities in the parade. I was close..right on the sidewalk but didn't get to talk to him. He was riding on the top of the back seat of a convertible. Imagine that...he wasn't even driving. The grand marshall was supermodel Ella McPherson. Also in the parade was Heisman trophy winner Desmond Howard and Billy Graham's daughter, granddaughter and great-granddaughter. But here it is Garrett...also in the parade was....drum roll....Mike Singletary of the World Champion Chicago Bears from 1985. I was thinking of you. A NASCAR legend and a Bears legend in one parade. You would loved it!

44 minutes ago, RogerDuke said:

No I didn't meet him but I have exciting news for you Garrett. I went to my daughter's down in Winchester Virginia where they have a big apple blossom parade every year. Jeff Burton was one of the celebrities in the parade. I was close..right on the sidewalk but didn't get to talk to him. He was riding on the top of the back seat of a convertible. Imagine that...he wasn't even driving. The grand marshall was supermodel Ella McPherson. Also in the parade was Heisman trophy winner Desmond Howard and Billy Graham's daughter, granddaughter and great-granddaughter. But here it is Garrett...also in the parade was....drum roll....Mike Singletary of the World Champion Chicago Bears from 1985. I was thinking of you. A NASCAR legend and a Bears legend in one parade. You would loved it!

Wow Roger...Jeff Burton and Mike Singleton.  Together?  And yet no autograph?  That is beyond awesome.  Autograph or not. I'd have been in heaven. Only thing missing is a Cubs player! That sounds like a great parade.  

I remember years ago Kyle Petty did a motorcycle parade across America to raise money for his charity he does in remembrance of his son Adam Petty. He came to town near me...but the radio add had the time wrong if I remember right so we were late. Other drivers went with them...but they all had helmets on so I couldn't recognize them.  Kyle took his helmet off for a minute,  but that was it. It was exciting and disappointing all at the same time.  LOL

Oh but Jeff Burton...he would be great to see as would Mike. Thank you for thinking of me. :)

6 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

If anybody in the parade had a strong (or even weak) tie to the Dukes I would have made the effort to find out about autographs. The next time I go down I want to go to Cooter's. I just found out that it is only an hour away from my daughter. 

Cooter's is a must if you're a Dukes fan.

https://racingnews.co/2018/01/04/ryan-newman-car-collection-nascar-drivers-car-collection/

Y'all should go see what car Ryan Newman  has in his car collection.  :D I am pretty sure you all will recognize the one I'm talking about. 

Also another fun fact...James Best and him were friends and Best helped Newman with dog charities.  Best did something with Jeff Gordon too, can't recall what right now. But the last time I met Best, I asked him who his favorite driver was...Ryan Newman.

Just thought I would share the article.  Love the fact that our favorite car, is also his daughtedaughter's favorite car to ride to school in. ;)

Thanks for the link, Garrett. That's not your usual classic car collection. I like that he has a pristine 1949 pickup and a Sanford & Son replica. In the British original of the show (Steptoe & Son), the main characters had a horse and cart (the horse was called Hercules).

;previous:

I don't remember Sanford & Son being shown in the UK. I think I only became aware of it about 10 years ago. I've just watched a couple of episodes, and while the end credits do mention Steptoe & Son, it's a very different show. Here's one of the highest rated episodes (according to IMDb) of Steptoe & Son (the cinema frame must be for copyright reasons):