Good news and bad news

June 4 has brought a lot of joy in my life. It is the birthday of my twin step-daughters and only (biological) niece. When you are cancer free, June 4 will be another reason to celebrate at the Boar's Nest. Hey Hobie, don't let Boss catch you slipping your finest to the party. He only allows his own watered down alcohol to be consumed there. 

On ‎5‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 9:58 AM, RogerDuke said:

June 4 has brought a lot of joy in my life. It is the birthday of my twin step-daughters and only (biological) niece. When you are cancer free, June 4 will be another reason to celebrate at the Boar's Nest. Hey Hobie, don't let Boss catch you slipping your finest to the party. He only allows his own watered down alcohol to be consumed there. 

Yea, well this is a special occasion and watering down the liquor will NOT be allowed! If he dares try to sell some of his cheap rot gut at OUR party...I'll just invite everybody over to the car lot and open up a few kegs!! :) 

On 5/27/2019 at 6:44 PM, Hobie Harkins said:

Yea, well this is a special occasion and watering down the liquor will NOT be allowed! If he dares try to sell some of his cheap rot gut at OUR party...I'll just invite everybody over to the car lot and open up a few kegs!! :) 

Good point Hobie. Besides, Boss might be a lot of things but dumb is not one of them. He won't mess with Meadowmufn. 

Hi folks! Just checking in. I have felt pretty horrible the last few weeks, blood sugar and GI issues. Saw my doc yesterday and she helped me sort a few things out. Stocked up on a ton of Gatorade for the electrolytes. Feeling better today. Can't wait until next Tuesday is over and I can get on to recovery!

This is awesome! Now we get to party tonight and party after the double check in a few months. Party time tonight.....Waylon's bringing his guitar. Enos is bringing the buttermilk. Lulu is bringing the bon bons. Daisy is bringing daisies. Bo is bringing trout to fry up. Jesse is bringing his finest...Hobie is bringing his too so folks can vote on which is best. Cooter is bringing leftover doughnuts and beer from his breakfast. Emma Tisdale is bringing her dirt bike to give rides. Luke is bringing fresh berries. Cletus is bringing spaghetti. Boss is too cheap to bring anything. And (saved the best for last) Rosco is bringing his warmest hugs for his dear friend. 

I want to say thank you to all of you for lifting my spirits and being here for me during this ordeal. I've been overwhelmed by the support I've gotten here and everywhere. It's true what they say that when you have cancer, your family and friends have it too. It touches everyone. But everyone rallied around and we're done with cancer. :)

You know how breast cancer has a pink ribbon and other cancers and diseases have other color ribbons? Well, neuroendocrine cancer is so rare, it shares a ribbon with other rare cancers and diseases. It is the zebra ribbon. It comes from the medical saying "when you hear hoof beats, think horses not zebras”. It means to look for a common diagnosis instead of rare one given a set of symptoms. Well, neuroendocrine cancer is certainly a zebra. There are only 12,000 cases diagnosed in the US every year and 170,000 people currently living with it. It accounts for only 0.5% of all cancer diagnoses. And of neuroendocrine cancer cases, only 2.6% occur where my tumor was located. That's a little over 300 cases like mine a year out of a population of 300+ million. So, my case was rare indeed. I am very fortunate and very blessed that I had a good outcome.

zebra-ribbon.png

So, I got the pathology report from my surgery. In addition to confirming they got all of the tumor, it also showed the tumor was a grade higher than the first biopsy back in March, meaning it had become more aggressive and faster growing. SO GLAD they got it all! I don't even want to think about what would have happened if I hadn't insisted on that endoscopy back in December.