Wotan new user

wotan30310

Hello, 

My name's Laurent, I come from South of France, I'm 42...

I'm Fire Safety and, Security Officer in France (in France we can have both functions, they are two different degrees, but complementary)

I love Dukes of Hazzard since childhood... I watch the series everytimes in ring...

My favorite character is Rosco P.Coltrane and Boss Hogg... They are so scammers, thieves and liars and especially crazy...

My favorite car is the Rosco patrol car (Dodge Monaco and the Plymouth Fury).

Edited by wotan30310

On ‎4‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 12:46 PM, HossC said:

Bonjour, Laurent. Bienvenue à Hazzardnet.

It's great to have another international member around the place. Myself and Roth are both in Northern Europe as well.

Yes, we really appreciate all our fellow Hazzardites...but especially those of you from across the pond!

thank you very much for welcoming me to you!

I feel like I'm going back to a family...

When now in France you talk about Dukes of Hazzard, nobody knows, it's too old ... I feel lonely sometimes, lol ...

Now apart from their walking dead, their game of throne, we hear that talk about it ... But series with a soul fade away, fall into oblivion ... It's a shame, because Dukes of Hazzard had a real soul ... That young people today do not understand ...

Hazzard is the imaginary county of true freedom, which in France, believe me is lost ... The last bastion of men (and women) free ... Some in France take offense to the name of the car General Lee or the Confederate flag, I'm sending them back to real history books ... books or it's not quite the same story they're learning at school ... or the meaning of the Confederate flag was a sign of insubordination to the northern states and unrelated to slavery ... A sign of simply freedom ...

So, I pass for an old idiot constantly watching this series, but I know what it represents in my eyes ... My race to freedom!

This series is everything for me, it evaded me from a sad youth to die, or the beginning of my life was not terrible ... In short, this series calmed my anguish, I grew up with her .. Although she is on the tone of humor, she was a symbol to me ...
I like this series, more than any other ...

Edited by wotan30310

We are very happy to have you as a new member of our family. If anybody tells you that the flag is bad just explain to them that when the show was on TV from 1979 to 1985 the flag was viewed differently.  It was viewed as something that showed pride for where you live. In fact, if you watch the first episode of the first season you will see a white man and black man with their arms around each other having fun just a few minutes after the opening song. In the 7 years the show was on TV the flag was never a problem and there was not a single scene that was racist....The movie which came out many many years later talked about racism a little bit but the movie was stupid. 

13 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

We are very happy to have you as a new member of our family. If anybody tells you that the flag is bad just explain to them that when the show was on TV from 1979 to 1985 the flag was viewed differently.  It was viewed as something that showed pride for where you live. In fact, if you watch the first episode of the first season you will see a white man and black man with their arms around each other having fun just a few minutes after the opening song. In the 7 years the show was on TV the flag was never a problem and there was not a single scene that was racist....The movie which came out many many years later talked about racism a little bit but the movie was stupid. 

The history of The Confederacy, plainly shows that the war was about States rights vs. the federal....the same ol' same ol', us vs. them, Big Brother vs. the people. The Yankees were in the wrong. We wanted to separate ourselves from the USA, which is just the opposite of a Civil war, where you attempt to overthrow the established government. IT HAD ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH SLAVERY!  It was about states rights vs.  the federal government. It's nothing new. The same fight was at the Constitutional Convention where Federalists argued with statesmen. When you're in the wrong, however, you make up BS...like slavery was why we did it etc. It makes you look better. Notice that people say, that when the show started, the Confederate flag didn't mean then what it does now. Can you change history? NO! It didn't have anything to do with slavery THEN or NOW!   

On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 10:49 PM, RogerDuke said:

That's 'cause Hobie's is always sippin' his finest. (he never wastes a sip) and I'm always sharing some of that buttermilk with Enos and everybody else who likes it. Trouble is....me and 'ol Enos ain't found anyone else who likes it.

Hey, I like Buttermilk! ( haven't had it in a long time), My grandmother used to give it to me when I was little and I remember in 2nd grade the teacher asked who liked buttermilk and I was the only one to raise my hand!   :(  I guess you just got to be raised with it!  

Edited by Hobie Harkins

• 1 year later...