40 Years of Dukes!

Today is the 40th anniversary of the first time the greatest television show in history appeared on screen. I didn't see it but I remember people talking about it for awhile so a month later I started watching and haven't stopped and never will stop. Thanks to the creators, stars, production team, stunt people and everybody else who has brought 4 decades of fun and joy into my life. 

Well done for catching that, Roger, and so close on the heels of HazzardNet's 20th. Admittedly, we didn't get the show until March 3rd in the UK, but I'm happy to celebrate now. I'm pretty sure I saw the first show, or at least one of the Georgia episodes. The first run in the UK was shown at 9pm on a Saturday night, and I was only eight at the time, so I wasn't allowed to watch many of them. Luckily, the broadcaster soon moved the show to something like 5pm, and I could watch every week.

Here's a title card for a new episode over a screengrab from 'One Armed Bandits': :)

FortyGloriousYears.jpg