Happy 20th Birthday to HazzardNet!

Meadowmufn

Guess who turned 20 years old on January 11th? Completely slipped my mind. I started HazzardNet on 1/11/1999. I want to thank everyone who has helped make HazzardNet what it is and who've stuck with me all these years. I know I haven't been around much lately due to health issues and stress from work, so I'm incredibly grateful so many of you are still here keeping the spirit of the Dukes alive.

As a latecomer to this site I just want to say Thank You for starting it and keeping it going. I've been a huge DoH fan my whole life and besides the dvd's, this site has taken me back to some good memories watching the Dukes with my dad and Grandpa when they originally aired on Friday nights and Saturday mornings on the local cbs station.

I really don't like technology that much and I'm really not interested in it so I wasn't even using a computer for anything in 2007. I remember talking to someone who was surprised I didn't like computers (or cell phones either. In fact, I still don't have one.) 

Anyway, they told me that a person could find anything on the internet. Of course my first reaction was "Even the Dukes of Hazzard?" Later someone showed me how things worked and found the HazzardNet right away. I was thinking to myself "I thought computers were good for nothing but now I see that they're good for onething." Since 2007 I have joined 4 other forums but either quit them or am not active on them or do very little on them so when I say the HazzardNet is the best website on the internet I mean it. I mean this too.....I've only had 5 heroes in my life. The Good Lord, my grandmother, Uncle Jesse Duke, Charlie Daniels, and Meadowmufn. I don't even know what two of my five heroes look like but I don't have to in order to love and respect them. So MM, you have my love, respect and infinite gratitude for what you did 20 years ago, and even more so, what you have done the last 20 years to keep it all going. Most of the friends I have made here have moved on. I miss them but will always treasure what we had. In the meantime I treasure my active HazzardNet friends even more since they have been as loyal as I have to the greatest website on the internet, founded by the greatest Supreme Superior Commander the Cloud has ever known. 

I hate to ruin that last post by saying something bad about the HazzardNet but this needs to be said. I just clicked on Meadowmufn's profile and the Community Reputation listing said "Excellent". Either this listing is 1) manipulated by the webmaster 2) a result of a hacker 3) given by people who don't really know Meadowmufn that well. Either way this problem needs fixed and "excellent" needs to be adjusted to "ridge running troublemaker". 

On 1/25/2019 at 6:25 PM, RogerDuke said:

I hate to ruin that last post by saying something bad about the HazzardNet but this needs to be said. I just clicked on Meadowmufn's profile and the Community Reputation listing said "Excellent". Either this listing is 1) manipulated by the webmaster 2) a result of a hacker 3) given by people who don't really know Meadowmufn that well. Either way this problem needs fixed and "excellent" needs to be adjusted to "ridge running troublemaker". 

Hmm... that must've happened the last time HazzardNet was hacked many years ago. :lol: Thanks for the compliments, Roger. I'm not a hero, but I'm glad HNet has brought you such happiness over the years.