Life long fan, first time poster.

Rumbuilder

Good Morning everyone,

My name is Matt, and am a child of the 80's. I grew up watching reruns of the Dukes that my older brother and I forced our mother to record on vhs while we where at school.  Like so many others my age, this show sent me down the gear head path full steam ahead.  My whole life has been about cars, But it wasn't until I started listening to the Kibbie and Finnegan podcast that I really remembered my love for the Dukes and that dang orange car.  I don't have the room or the cash to have a real general, but Know I need something Dukes in my life (I already have a van painted up like the A-team van). I came up with an idea recently that combines a few of my other hobbies that will in a "small" way get me a general lee.  My other hobbies besides hotrods and classic cars is RC model aviation and scratch building model airplanes. I also enjoy video production, have a small youtube channel, I'm also-also somewhat of an okay artist. I plan on using those skills plus the knowledge I gain here to as correctly as I can reproduce the scale model of the General Lee they used the end of season six and in season 7.  I will then attempt to recreate some of those jumps in the show.  I know I could get away with using a store bought plastic kit, but there's no fun in that.  So I apologize in advance for any old threads I dig up and comment on, and all the questions I'm going to ask that no one probably cares about seeing as the model "fake" jumps where disappointing as a kid to most of us.

Thanks for your time,

Matt V.

Thanks, I've been rooting around all day and have found very little about the models. I found some deal links to pictures from a post made in 2014, but that's about it.  If it is okay (as a new guy and all" I'd like to make a thread specifically to house the OG model info for my use and future lookie loue's. 

I love it when folks dig up old posts....so many good memories. I should start doing that too. It's so much fun. We sure are happy to have you here Matt and hope you hang out a long time. We love Dukes fans of all levels and you sound like you're up there pretty high. Do you have a favorite character or episode?

11 hours ago, Rumbuilder said:

Thanks, I've been rooting around all day and have found very little about the models.

If you're talking about the stunt models, I think those same photos that were at the dead link were later reposted in the Rare and Behind the Scenes Pictures thread - they start about 1/3 of the way down the page.

• 2 months later...
On 4/3/2019 at 10:04 PM, HossC said:

Now I've got to find a spare hour to watch it!

I finally got a chance to put this video on at the weekend. It's an interesting artefact, but quite repetitive. Pretty much any ten minutes will give you a good feel for the process, with variations for water towers, houses and trains.

I think I'd always assumed that the models were radio controlled, so I was a little surprised to see a burly men shoving them up a ramp, with another was ready to catch them.

A quick warning for anyone who hasn't watched it yet: the men involved use a fair bit of bad language, sometimes quite creatively, so don't watch it if that's not your thing.

@HossCDid you forget about the pictures?

I've  just watched it. Yeah, it can get quite repetitive and there definitely some bad language. Still though, very cool to finally see some video footage to go with the pictures!

It looks like they use a railroad loop as boundary for where they film all the miniature stuff within. Pretty cool how it basically looks like a miniature Movie Ranch within the Ranch. I always thought they would've build the different sets in different locations at Valencia.

At least what I can see from this footage shows it as a full loop railroad. Which surprises me since they just reverse the train again.

Can anyone hear where they say they are filming at 2:15? It sounds like Sesams Legal Ranch or something similar? I'd have expected Valencia Oaks, but this definitely sounds different.

Edited by Roth Potter