Cooter's Book

Has anybody, besides me, got/read Ben Jones' book,  Redneck Boy In The Promise Land, The confessions of Crazy Cooter. ?   I've got it and it's ok but no big deal. He just talks about how it was growing up etc. It's a big thick book too. It turns out Ben Jones is a Leftist, cashing in on looking like a conservative. There's a lot of that going around these days in radio, TV, etc. I call them CONservatives….with emphasis on the CON! ( You know like the supposedly CONservative talk show hosts, etc.) They know where the money's at and so they sell out their liberal values to make a buck!  Remember, Ben Lewis Jones was a Democrat Congressman, in Georgia, though he's from North Carolina!  If you don't have it, save your money! It's no big deal! I got it at a bargin bin for $1.00, so obviously most people felt like I do about it! 

Edited by Hobie Harkins

I bought it and read it many years ago, but since then I've only dipped back into it for reference. Now that you've asked the question, most of memory of the book is the first half before he got famous - the (sometimes dark) stories of childhood, the college years and the drinking. My knowledge of his time on Dukes comes from many sources, so I can't remember exactly which bits came from the book. Despite reading the book to the end, I have very little recollection of the later years. Maybe I should take another look.