A Favorite China Beach Deleted Scene

ralmcg

I have the Season Four DVD of China Beach and included is deleted scenes from the first episode of the season "The Big Bang".  My favorite deleted scene is the first, called "New Directive".  I'll set the scene since I can't download it.  Colleen McMurphy was hanging her clothes, with men looking on.  Then it's revealed that she is wearing, besides a t-shirt and dog tags, jean shorts, and the men are hooting and hollering.  She then went to a building with another nurse, who said that tickets should have been sold and that if she wanted privacy then she should close her eyes.  Entered Major Lila Garreau.  McMurphy saluted almost immediately, the other nurse took her time to salute.  Garreau then informed them of a new directive about their uniform.  Then she informed them of a mandatory dress party, even though the nurses said that they were on duty that night.  After Garreau left McMurphy asked who she was and the other nurse talked about her, mostly not-so-nice stuff.

I do have a screenshot from that scene.  I have shown it in other posts but I want to show it again.

PDVD_000.JPG

I don't remember ever seeing China Beach. We only got NBC growing up. When I was 19 and Dukes came out I went to my grandparents house to watch it. They only lived several hundred feet away. I used to stick around and watch Dallas after that. The only other TV shows from that era that I liked were Charlie's Angels, Stingray and A-Team. Since that era I never really cared about television too much although Duck Dynasty was good. The Dukes is by far my favorite. None of those others I just mentioned were even close to second. What about you folks What are your all-time favorites?