Dancing with the Stars..Dukes style

RogerDuke

• 2 weeks later...

I just watched DWTS (we recorded it from last night) It was (mostly) pretty awesome. Bo was driving an old Ford pick-up truck (not white) out in the country and a pretty Sheriff pulled him over and took him in custody. She is his partner and said the Dukes was big in England where she's from and she was a big fan.

The introduction was well done when they were live on the show stage. They didn't show the flag but at least showed part of the General in a picture from 1979. Then the action began. John did a YEEHAWW then hood slid over an old orange Mopar (not a Charger though) that had a 10 on the side....not 01. They danced to a shorthened version of the Dukes theme song. His score wasn't great so I doubt he'll win it all. I just hope he makes it a few shows before getting voted off.

:previous:

It's not really my thing (I've never watched 'Strictly Come Dancing' - the British show that DWTS is based on), but I did do a quick search for videos of John on the show. Here's the introductory dance you mentioned, Roger. It looks to me like it's a 1970 Charger in the background, so only a year out.

I also found a video where John and his dance partner, Emma Slater, exchange questions. As Roger said, Emma is English, but I'm afraid I've never heard of her. It looks like she did dancing contests and a bit of stage work before appearing on DWTS. I think John tries to copy her accent a couple of times here. Note that John seems to be wearing a Yee-Haw T-shirt inside out - I guess they couldn't get clearance.

John did okay tonight. It wasn't spectacular but was probably good enough to get him at least one more week on the show....we'll see in 24 hours. I'll keep watching as long as he's on but as soon as he's voted out I'm putting a Dukes DVD in. There are some young talented kids dancing so the competition is tough. One of them is young enough to be John's grandson. (I'm not exaggerating...the kid is 17 and I'm John's age and I have a 17 year old grandson) 

I didn't watch it last night but I looked it up this morning and John was in the bottom 2 but avoided elimination. Apparently there was some controversy because there was a glitch in their system the night before and the votes from smart phones didn't work but the on-line votes did. I suspect that Boss and Rosco hacked into the computer in an attempt to make sure Bo lost but their plan backfired.

Here's John and Emma doing the jive in week 2.

I didn't know that Len Goodman was still judging DWTS. He gave up Strictly Come Dancing two years ago, and followed it in the UK with an awful Saturday evening game show called 'Len Goodman’s Partners in Rhyme' (it currently scores 1.8/10 on IMDb - it was that bad!).

• 2 weeks later...

Last week John made it through again. I didn't see it but they said that his dance was a tribute to his mother........And then tonight he got three 7s and combined with the viewer's votes that was enough to make it to week 5. He's made it further than I thought. That's what's get for underestimating a Duke boy. 

Edited by RogerDuke

Well, Bo did a lot better than I thought but tonight was the end. I didn't see the first dance but at the end tonight he had a dance with 7 other people. It looked like 58 year old Bo was old enough to be the father of all 7 yet he kept up with every one of them and looked great doing it. Considering That I'm the same age as Bo (he's actually 7 days older than me) I was very impressed. He did Hazzard County proud!

I figured he would be, the dance he did last week was lousy, he was stiff and seemed 1 step behind his partner the whole dance and since they eliminate dancers by scores and votes from the previous week. Now this week's dance was his best and it's unfortunate that he was sent home. He should be proud, he lasted a lot longer than most 50+yr old men do on this show.