James Best movie

RogerDuke

Thanks for revisiting the subject, Roger. For anyone who missed it first time around, we discussed the movie when it came out in 2013. You can see that discussion here.

The movie was written by Janeen and Michael Damian - that's James Best's daughter and son-in-law. Again for those who may not know, Janeen played Mary Lou in "A Baby for the Dukes".

I recorded it and will watch it later. I did watch a couple minutes of it this morning....the part where he threw his daughter's dress in the dryer and shrank it. For a sentimental guy like me watching something like this can be bittersweet. I love watching these kinds of things but get pretty sad knowing that he is gone. Seeing Dukes fade away is like watching loved ones die. It's part of the aging process. Even seeing Sheriff Little die was tough on me. On the other hand watching Bo jump a General Lee at 58 or getting excited about the latest Ray Kohn stunt show makes everything new again. I guess it's time for me to pop a Dukes DVD in.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...