General Lee builder's guide?

Wakko

Years ago there was a website that gave all the particulars about building a GL, including the proper placement of the decals.  That site is no more, and I've lost the instructions with my decal kit.  Is there a source for measurements and the like?  Thanks.

I think the best way to get measurements is to ask Justin Cornette through one of his Instagrams or his website RealGeneralLee. Thats one of his instagram names as well as the .com website.

Carshow Graveyard Carz got the measurements for their restauration from him.

The old website you mention might've been his even.

Heres a page from his site about making a replica. He doesnt mention the measurements, but whats on there is really accurate.

http://www.realgenerallee.com/specific-information-on-building-an-accurate-replica.html

Edited by Roth Potter

• 3 weeks later...

Just to update, but I'll create another post about it, I ended up basically guessing on my door.  I was making a passenger door wall mount for my kid's 01st birthday party.  I used some screen grabs and approximated the placement of the 01, and I'm happy to say I think I got it.  I know that the show used far less precision that we do, but I've seen some baaaaad placement over the years and couldnt' have lived with that!    Sorry for the late reply, I did not get notifications of the responses.