Tom Sarmento in the Netherlands

Roth Potter

I guess this goes here.

You probably know this guy, but if you don't. Tom Sarmento is one of the guys who prepared General Lee's for the show and is full of great stories about it. Hoss has a great video of him, I cant find it at the moment... But anyway. He met up with two big Duke fans from my country twice now and they have recorded some footage of him driving in their almost perfect replica General Lee which I thought was worth sharing. 

Thanks for posting the video, Roth. It's good to see Tom enjoying himself in Europe again. I think he likes meeting Dukes fans - the owners of General Lee replicas I met at last year's American car show had both met him. He's certainly quite happy to talk about the show, and is very generous with his time.

• 7 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Hi guys, Serge here!

My LEE1 isn't running for 1,5 years now. First a leaking tranny and also an engine that wasn't running properly anymore. I pulled the engine out of the car and rebuilding it at the moment. Hope to have it running again within 6 months or so.

Great you guys enjoyed the footage from Tom visiting us!

• 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Hi guys,

It's been a few years but my LEE1 replica still isn't on the road again. I posted the pic from the rebuild engine earlier but while doing the first testrun it broke down after 17 minutes. Didn't have anything positive left the start over so left it for about a year...

Anyway, beginning of this year I started to rebuild the engine again and last month we did a succesfull testrun. 440 is alive and running like a beast. Also I painted the enginebay of the car in T3 Light Bronze Metallic. Looks awesome!

At the moment I'm getting the brakes working again (car has been standing for 4 years so brakes need tlc...) and after that engine will go in.

Anyway, the plan is to drive again in about 4 to 6 months. Can't wait! 

Here's a link to my Instagram : 
https://www.instagram.com/reel/ClemYvCM0tj/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

I'll make a pic from the enginebay soon.

Serge

On 12/28/2022 at 4:00 PM, Mr. Lee said:

Hi guys,

It's been a few years but my LEE1 replica still isn't on the road again. I posted the pic from the rebuild engine earlier but while doing the first testrun it broke down after 17 minutes. 

Thanks for the update Serge. Did you ever find out what went wrong with the first test run?