The Late Luke Duke

Here's a new a Duke story. It is the very 1st Duke fic I have ever wrote. I want to thank Min and Dixie for there help. Please let me know what ya'll think. I will try to post every couple of days. And now my story begins..... 8)

The Late Luke Duke

The ticking of the clock was driving Bo crazy. It felt like forever sense they brought Luke in. It had only been 45 minutes, but those minutes felt like hours. How could this have happened Luke was following him in a car that they had just gotten from Cooter. They were going to use the second car’s engine for the General. They had wanted to take the engine out seen it was one of the engines that had been Richard Petty's race cars. Cooter had wanted to tow it to the farm, but Luke said no they drive it. He had wanted to know how the engine ran before they took it out of the car that way they knew what would be needed to be fixed. Bo still wasn't sure what had happen one minute Luke was behind him next time he looked Luke wasn't there. Bo looked over to his uncle and cousin they both seem lost in thought, each praying that Luke would be fine. 'Excuse me, is the Duke family here? asked the doctor. "Right here." answered Uncle Jesse. As they all stood up moving towards the doctor. "My name is Dr. Williams, I will be Luke's doctor while he's here. Can you tell me how the accident happen?" asked Dr. Williams. "I was with him up till the accident, but I'm not sure what happened." Bo was telling the doctor. " I was in a different car then him. He was following me home. The next time I'd look in my mirror he was gone. I thought that he had took a different route to the farm. He had been wanting to test the engine out in the other car. If it had not been for Enos cbing me. I would have not have know he was in the accident." said Bo. "So none of you know what happen? asked Dr. Williams."No. How's Luke?" asked Uncle Jesse. "Well to be honest we are not sure if he'll make through the night. His injuries where quite bad. He's in a coma and the next 24 hour are important." said Dr. Williams."Can we see him?" Bo asked. "Don't be worried he's hooked up to monitors to let us know how he's doing. You can each stay for 5 minutes with him." the doctor told them. "Do you guys mind if I go first to see him?" asked Bo. "Go ahead we now how close you two are." Uncle Jesse told him. "What are going to do Uncle Jesse?"ask Daisy."I don't know, baby. We have to see what the good lord does." Uncle Jesse told her.

Bo pushes the door open slowly trying to prepare himself. He sees Luke lying in the hospital bed looking so small and pale. Having a hard time believing what his eyes saw. Luke was always the strong one. Making sure that no one hurt his family everyone know how protective Luke was over the ones he loved. To see Luke laying there was the worse thing that ever happen to Bo. To Bo, Luke was not just his cousin, but his best friend and brother. They told each other everything. Making his way to Luke's bed he pulled up a chair. "Wake up Luke. Please don't leave me, the doctor doesn't think you will make through the night. But he doesn't know that Duke us don't know the meaning of quit. Please cousin wake up" Bo told Luke as he grab his hand. "Your times up." the nurse told Bo. Bo got up from the chair and walked to the door. Taking one last look at Luke before going through the door. "Uncle Jesse or Daisy one of you can go now." Bo told them. "Uncle Jesse you can go. I'll go after you." Daisy told him. "Alright, Daisy I'll go." said Uncle Jesse. Walking up to Luke's door and pushing it open. Seeing the same thing that Bo saw. It broke Jesse's heart to see Luke attach to those machines. He went to the chair and sat down by Luke's bed. "Come on Luke. Wake up!" cried Jesse as tears ran down his face. Life was not fair thought Jesse. Why was something always happening to his family. First his siblings, then his wife and now his oldest nephew. Jesse heard the door open and look up at the nurse that had walk through the door "Sorry Mr. Duke, but your time is up." the nurse told. "Thank you for letting me know." Jesse told her. Slowly Jesse gets up from the chair turn towards the door starts to leave, but at the last second turns back to Luke looking one more time at his nephew then walking out of the room. As Jesse gets back to his family a "CODE RED ROOM 402" came a crossed the loud speakers.

"LUKE..." cried his family. All running towards his room, but stopping a few short feet from the window that looked into Luke's room. Watching as the doctor and nurse tried to bring back Luke. Bo watches in horror as the doctor uses a crash cart on Luke "Come on cousin. Come back to us." whispered Bo. But after several tries nothing happen his heart monitor stayed a flat line. Then the nurse reaches down and pulls a sheet over Luke. "Nooo!" cries Bo as Daisy buries her head in Uncle Jesse shoulder. The doctor hears the cries of the family and looks through the window to see the Duke family watching what was going on. "Please close the blinds nurse." Dr. Williams tells her. "After your done tell them I will be out with them to talk to them." "Yes, doctor." replies the nurse. Dr William walks over to Luke and turns off the machine. Then walks over to the door to meet with Luke's family. "I'm sorry! We tried everything we could to keep him alive. Your family has our sympathies. You may have a few minutes with body before we take down to the morgue." Dr. Williams tells them. "Thank you!" Uncle Jesse replies as doctor walks away. As Doctor Williams around the corner arms grab him and pull him into a empty office. "Did you do as I told you too? asked the voice. "Ooo Mr. Montgomery it you. Yes, why would you want to put his family through so much pain for?" asked Dr. William. "I'm going to make Jesse Duke pay for what he did to me all those years." said Mr Montgomery. "Where is he's body? he asked. "The family is still with him?" Dr. William told him."I want them out of there now. I payed you good money for you to do this I don't need some idiot like you screwing it up. Take him out of there then get him down to the morgue. I have an ambulance waiting to take him out of here. " Mr. Montgomery told him. "But what about when his family ask about taking body?" asked Dr. William. "Do I need to tell you how to do your job. Tell them that there was a mix up in the paper work and his body was cremated. One more thing get his family out of there, before he wakes up. My men will be in the room in five minutes to take him to his new home." Mr. Montgomery old him.

Back at Luke's room the Duke family was saying there goodbyes to Luke one last time as two men come to pick up his body. " Is this the body of Luke Duke?" asked one of the two men. "Yes. Why do you want to know?" asked Daisy. "We are here to take him down to the morgue. They need to get the body ready for the funeral home." said the short bald man. "Can we please have a few more minutes with him?" asked Daisy. "No I'm sorry we have a schedule to keep." said the other guy. "You can't take him yet." cried Daisy. "Daisy, calm down there is no need for you to get this upset. They are only doing there job." Uncle Jesse told her. "But Uncle Jesse." cried Daisy as she put her head on his shoulder. Uncle Jesse lets them know it O.K. to take the body. Uncle Jesse looks over to where Bo was standing seeing the tears where starting to form in Bo eyes. "Its going to be all right kids. Some how we are going to get through this. Will just take it one day at time. I promise you that the pain will get less as the days go by." Uncle Jesse told them. "Come on you two lets go we have funeral service for Luke to plan." Putting both his arms around both Bo and Daisy walking them out of the hospital. As the Duke family was walking out of hospital Cooter walking up to them. "I just heard about Luke's accident. I got here as fast as I could. How's Luke doing?" asked Cooter. For short second no one said anything to him. Finally Uncle Jesse broke the silence "Cooter, Luke died today!" he said with tears in his voice. " Your joking right. Come guys, this isn't funny. How's Luke doing?" asked Cooter again. "Cooter, Uncle Jesse is not joking Luke passed way just a little while go." Bo told him. "I'm so sorry. Please let me tell if there's anything I can do for you." Cooter told them. "Well there is one thing do for me. Can you take the General home for?" asked Bo "Sure no problem! Bo." replied Cooter. With that the Duke family and Cooter head back to Hazzard.

Later that day Luke was being load into an ambulance to be taken to old abandoned farm house just outside of Atlanta. As they pull up to the farmhouse Mr Montgomery tells the men to put him in the bedroom near the back of the house. "Make sure he's tied to bed. Nice and tight we would not want him to get away.†As the men where done with Luke. “You can leave when you are done. Here’s your money. Make sure you tell no one you brought him here.†Mr. Montgomery told them.

“Come on, Duke boy wake up†commanded Mr. Montgomery. “ I said wake up†as bucket of cold water hits Luke in the face making him wake up instantly. “It’s about time, you wake up.†said Mr Montgomery. “Where am I?â€asked Luke. “What the...†said Luke as he tried to rub his face, but finding his hands tied to the bed. "Why am I here? What I did ever to you." asked Luke. "Nothing I just want revenge on your Uncle Jesse. I'm going to make them pay for what he did to me. I'm going to use you to get it." said Mr Montgomery. " I'm not helping you. There is nothing you can do to make me help you." Luke tells him. "You want to bet. You only have one choice and that's to help. If you don't help you will never see your family alive again. Do I make self clear." said Mr. Montgomery in a cold hard voice.

"Why would you want revenge on my Uncle Jesse for?" asked Luke."He would not help take out someone and turned me in for it I promised your Uncle Jesse if I got out. I make im pay for what he did to me. Now the time comes. What better then to have one of his own kin do it for me." he said with evil laughter. "What do I have to do?" asked Luke. " You are going to KILL J.D. Hogg. " said Mr Montgomery. " I what?' said Luke "You heard me. I wanted you to kill J.D. Hogg." he answered. "But why? Boss mat not be the most honest person out there, but he doesn't desire to killed." said

Luke. "Don't ask questions just do as your told." commanded Mr.Montgomery. "If I help you. Promise you won't hurt my family." asked Luke. "You have my word that if you do as I ask no one in your family gets hurt, but double cross me it. I'll take care of your whole family starting with your pretty little cousin. Do I make myself clear?" asked Mr. Montgomery. "Crystal. How would you like it done?" asked Luke. "Well I'll just leave it up to you. But make sure you don't get caught. I would hate for something to happen to pretty little cousin. One more thing you have 48 hours to get this done." said Mr. Montgomery. "Well untie me and lets get this thing over with. The sooner I get this done. The sooner I can go back to my family." said Luke. While getting is hands and legs untied. "In case your wondering why your family isn't coming to your rescue. They think your dead. They saw it with there own eyes. There's nothing or no one to stop me from getting my revenge. " said Mr Montgomery with a evil laugh. When the last rope was untied Luke started rubbing the sensation back into legs. It felt great to be able feel his legs again. Thinking to himself "man this guy is crazy. how did Jesse every get hooked up with nut like this." Luke wonder. "Alright Duke you better get started times running out. Just to let you know boss in town. You just need to firgue how to end his life. I want proof when the job is done. A picture would be fine. And there is a car for you to take to Hazzard." he tells Luke as he toss a camera to him.

All right how am I going to do this thought Luke. I can't involve my family they think I'm dead. Even if I could involve them I couldn't ask them for help this is just to dangerous. I guess I got an hour to firgue this out he thought. The closer Luke got to town the more nervous he got. Some how he had to get to Boss's Caddy and put the bomb under it. Just outside of town Luke stopped the car. Firguing he'd walk the rest of way. That way he could check out the town and find way to get in and out of town with out anyone in his family or friends seening him. Luke was in luck Boss was still in town. There was Boss's caddy parked front sheriff's office. All Luke had to do was go up and hook it up to the starter. As quickly as Luke could he hook it up then got out from under it firguing he might as well take the high ground. The best place to watch would be from top of the bank.

Inside the sheriff's office Boss was just finished checking the books. "Am I smart or what." thought Boss "sense I had Rosco put up that road block sign on the main highway then put up that speed trap up. I have been rolling in the money." Picking up the cb Boss calls for Rosco "This Boss calling Rosco. Where are you?" asked Boss. "This is Sheriff Roscooo PPPPPPP. Coltrane. What do you want Boss?" asked Rosco. "I need for you to meet me at the Boar's Nest. We have business to talk about."said Boss. "All right Boss I'm on my way Over and out little fat buddy jit jit" said Rosco. After taking one last look to make sure that he had not left anything out on his desk Boss went out to his caddy. Got into his car and try to start it. As he turn the key it started the timer. Boss heard ticking of clock "what the" thought Boss as he got out of car. To go to the front of car it blow sending Boss flying threw the air landing beside the bushes. Cooter had just pulled up to is garage as Boss's caddy blow up. Pick up the cb "Breaker One, Breaker One, I might be crazy but ain't dumb. Crazy Cooter comin' atchya. Rosco you got your ears on?" asked Cooter. "Cooter I ain't got time for your games. I'm on my way to meet Boss at the Boar's Nest." said Rosco. "Rosco if you would just listen. I'm tring to tell you that Boss's Caddy just blow up." Cooter told him. "Is he all right." asked Rosco. "I don't know Rosco I don't see him. Waite a minute I see him he's by the bushes. He must have been blown clear." Cooter told him. "Cooter, I'm on my way. Just go see if Boss O.K." said Rosco.

After getting off the cb Cooter made his way over to where Boss was sitting. "Hey Boss are you ok." asked Cooter. "Aaa what yeah. Just got the wind knocked out of me. I guess you could say this brings a new meanie to when pigs can fly. In my case its hogs." Boss tried to joke. "What happen?" asked Cooter. " I'm not really sure. I got into my car to go meet Rosco at the Boar's Nest. When I tried to start it all it did was make a clicking noise I went out to the front of the car. Next thing I know is I'm flying threw the air." Boss told him. As Boss was finishing up telling Cooter what had happen Rosco pulls up. Rosco gets out of the car and searches for them. He sees them sitting front of the bushes. "Boss are you ok?" asked Rosco. "I'm fine Rosco. I know need for you to take me to the Boar's Nest." said Boss. "But Boss, you where just in a accident you can't want to work." Rosco tells him. " Now Rosco don't tell me what to do. I am still the boss here." Boss told him. "But Boss, Rosco right. What if someone is waiting at the Boar's Nest to try and do more harm to you?" asked Cooter. "Well I have Rosco with me there." Boss told him. "Boss you are going to need more then just Rosco. Maybe you should call the Duke Family more help." Cooter told him. "Why would i want to do that. I have Hazzard's finest working for me." answered Boss. "Now think about Boss, Rosco he aint going to be able to pull this off by his self. He's going to need all the help he can get."said Cooter. "I don't know Cooter this is my problem. With all that has happening to the Duke family. They need time to grieve over Luke and not be brought into my problems." Boss tells him. "Boss you either call them for help or I will. You no matter what they drop everything to help a friend. Even if that friend was you that is the kind of people the Duke's are." said Cooter. "All right Cooter I'll do it." said Boss.

Boss gets up from sitting on ground and walks over to Rosco's patrol car picking up the cb. "Any you Dukes on the Hazzardnet. Come back." said Boss as spoked into cb mic. "You got Jesse Duke Boss what you want." asked Uncle Jesse. "Well Jesse I need your help. There's someone tring to kill me." said Boss. "Now who did you cheat out of there home this time." asked Jesse. "Jesse swear it not like that this time. I have not forclosed on anyone's farm yet." answered Boss. “I’m serious Jesse. This is not some trick. I really needed your help. I swear to you on ridgerunner oath. If you don’t believe me ask Cooter he saw what happen." Boss told him. "All right Boss well help you." Jesse tells him. "Thank you Jesse. We will be there shortly." said Boss.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As Uncle Jesse was putting the cb mic down. Daisy walks into the kitchen. "How's Bo doing?" asked Jesse "He's ok. I guess he's just in his room lying on his bed." Daisy told him."Who was that on the cb?" she asked. "That was Boss Hogg." Jesse told her. "What did he want?" asked Daisy. "Well it seems that someone it tring to hurt him. He wants to know if we would help him find out who's behind this." said Jesse. As Uncle Jesse was telling Daisy this Boss, Rosco, and Cooter pulled into the Duke farm. "Daisy why don't you go get Bo. We are going to need all the help we can get. Maybe this might just help Bo out. Why don't you go get Bo. I'll let them in." Uncle Jesse tells her. Daisy get up from the chair walk to slowly to boy's room. Raises her hand and knock at the door. "Bo, can I come in?"asked Daisy as she peeks thru the door. Seeing that Bo is still where he was when she left him alone alittle bit ago. "Bo why don't you come out. Boss, Rosco, and Cooter are here. They are wanting to talk to us." said Daisy. "Why don't you just leave me alone. I just don't feel like company right now. I just want to be myself" Bo told her "Bo Duke, you are not the only one that lost Luke. We all lost him. Why don't you come out into the livingroom with us. It seem like Boss has a problem and needs our help." said Daisy. "But." said Bo. "No buts about it. Right now we need to be together as family. If we are going to get thru this." said Daisy. "How did you get so wise?" asked Bo. "Proably from all the years living with Uncle Jesse." said Daisy. "All right lets get this over with." Bo tells her as they walk out of Bo's room.

"Hey Bo, How are you feeling?" asked Cooter. "O.k. I guess considering all that has happen." answered Bo. " "Well know I'm here if you need any body." said Cooter. "Thanks Cooter. What's going on? asked Bo. "There was attemped on my life." Boss told them. "What happen?" asked Bo. "I was getting ready to got the Boar's Nest. When I tried to start my caddy I heard a clicking. I got out went to the front of car. The next thing I know is Cooter talking to me." said Boss. "Boss are you ok? Shouldn't you be in the hospital?" asked Daisy. "Yeah I'm fine Now." said Boss. "Now J.D. you are going to need more then just Rosco protecting you." Jesse told him. "I know that Jesse, but I don't want to bother you with my problems. With all that you are going thru." said Boss. "Now J.D. that's what friends are for. We have been friends longer then we have been eminies." said Jesse. "But Jesse." said Boss. "No buts J.D. We are going to help you out. And that's what friends are for." said Jesse. "Only if your sure Jesse." said Boss. “We need to firgue out who’s behind this. Come up with away to stop tis before they kill Boss.†said Bo. "Do you have any ideals how to find out who's behind this?" asked Rosco. "Well it's got to be something good. Something that who's ever beind this would not think of." said Daisy. Boss looks up at the clock "Now i don't mean to break up this up but its getting late and Lu Lu's proably getting worried where I'm at. We should be get going Rosco." Boss told them. "Boss, do you think its smart for you to be out this late at night. With what happen earlier."asked Daisy. "Now Daisy, wo's going to be dumb enough try anything with Rosco with me." asked Boss. "They proably only tried it earlier was because Boss was by hisself." said Rosco. "We sould be find, Daisy" said Boss. "Don't worry Daisy I will be following behind them." said Cooter. "Well why do't we meet at Cooter's garage tomorrow at 9am. That way no one would think to try anything at a place Boss doesn't own." said Jesse. "Good Night ya. See ya in the morning." said Boss as they walked out of house and to Rosco's car.

Narrator:

I bet you thought I was not apart of this little happenings. I can only keep quite for so long. Now you see unknow to the Dukes and Boss was Luke. He had been watching and waiting for Boss to leave. Ya see O'Luke, well he was firgue he strike again before his family got involved. Luke know that the moment he put that bomb under Boss's caddy. His family would be getting invovle. Knowing Boss like he did he knew that he'd go to the Duke family for help. Boss at times was that predectiable. Luke needed to think of plan would make it seem like Boss had died and not to be seen by is family. he didn't need them for them to get hurt to.

"What am I going to do? This just got harder." thought Luke himself.

If I don't do as he'll hurt the one's I love. If I do I have to hurt Boss. What am I going to do." thought Luke himself as he followed Boss and Rosco."I guess I got to do what I got to keep my family safe. Hopefully Rosco can take being bump into and won't crash to badly when I bump into him."said Luke to know one but himself.

Narrator: Now ya'll are proably wondering why Rosco ain't doing anything as Luke got closer and closer to them. He thought it was Cooter, who was following them. That was until they where slam into their car.

"Rosco, what's going on?" asked Boss. "He's tring to run us off the road." said Rosco. "You don't think it's..." asked Boss a his voice drifted off. "I don't know Boss, but who ever it is trying to hurt us." Rosco said as the car behind them slamed into them again. "Do something Rosco try and lose him." Boss commanded with terror in his voice. "I'm trying Boss." said Rosco."Well try harder." said Boss as he picked up the cb mic. "Breaker! Breaker! Any Dukes on the Hazzardnet. We need your help." Boss spoke into the cb. "What's wrong Boss?" asked Daisy. "We are being attacked again he's trying to run us off the road." said Boss as another slam came again. "What's going on Daisy? asked Bo. "Boss is being attacked again." said Daisy. Taking the cb mic from Daisy "Boss we are on way. How far are you?" asked Bo. " We are not far from Miller's pond. Please hurry." asked Boss. As he finished asking them to help they hear Boss yelling at

Rosco "Watch out." before total quiet took over on the cb. "Come on kids. Let's go." Jesse told Daisy and Bo as they walked out of the door. Getting into the truck Jesse picks up cb mic “Rosco or Boss come back.†called Jesse. Waiting for a reply but neither Boss or Rosco replied. Trying one more time “Rosco or Boss come back.†called Jesse one more time and still no reply. “Bo, hurry something is not right.†Jesse tells him.

• 2 weeks later...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Narrator: “I don’t know about ya’ll but starting to get really worried here. It’s at least going to be another 5 minutes before Jesse and them get there.â€

In the other car Luke was thinking "one more time should be enough to really scare him and send him into Miller's pond." as he slammed full force into the back of the car. Sending the car fish tailing towards the pond have Rosco franticly trying to keep his car from going off the road. Picking up the cb and making his voice sound cold and hard not even his own family

would recognize. "Next time fat man you won't be so lucky. And there will be a next time nothing is going to stop me from getting you. Not even that individual you call a sheriff." said Luke. Sitting there for few seconds watching Rosco drive into the pond then looking in his mirrow seeing another car comming upon him fast. Know those set of head lights Luke firgue he better put the pedal to metal and get going. As Luke took off he thought to him self “sorry boss I had to do it.â€

The Dukes just pulled up as Luke took off. Bo just got the truck to stop before Jesse and Daisy ran out and down to the pond. “Rosco, are you ok?†Daisy hollered to Rosco watching as he was tring to sit on top of his police car. “Yeah we are fine. Where’s Cooter? Iâ€m going to need his help to get my car out.†Rosco holler back. “Right here, Rosco. Give a few minutes we have you and Boss out o there.†Cooter told him. “Did you hear that Boss will be back on dry land soon.†said Rosco.

“Uncle Jesse, I’m going to see if I can get that driver to stop.†Bo told him. “All right Bo, but be careful. You don’t know what that person is capable of doing.†Jesse told him. “I will Uncle Jesse†said Bo as he put the truck in drive and took off after the other car. “ I don’t know why but there is something about how he drives that reinds e of someone.†thought Bo as e tries to close in on the other car.

In the other car Luke looks in his rearview mirrow. “Crap, I’ve got to some how lose Bo. I don’t need him finding me alive. I’ll just see how really good Bo is.†thought Luke as he put the medal down to petal and drove off. Back in the truck Bo was trying hardest to keep up with the other car. But the truck just had to much stuff in it to keep up. “Man for a city slicker, he sure knows how to handle that car.†thought Bo as he slid around the corner and seen that the other car was gone.

Narrator:

I bet right about now Bo a wishing he had a taken the General. He might not have lost the other car but then ya never know.

Almost ten minutes later Bo came back to Hazzard Pond. He see’s

that Cooter almost had Rosco and Boss back on dry land. “Sorry ya’ll I lost him. But I did get a licence plate number for Rosco to check out.†Bo told Uncle Jesse when he got to where they was standing. “How’s Boss doing?†asked Bo. “Not so good. We tried to get out of the car but he would not move. It really shook him up.†said Daisy.

“All right Boss you can get out on.†Cooter told him when he was done bring the car back to land. “Come on out J.D. Your with friends now. No one is going to hurt you.†said Jesse. “Jesse, is that you.†asked Boss. “Yes, J.D. You are comming home with us.†Jesse told him. “All right, Jesse if you think it will be safe.†said Boss as he slowly got out of the car. Looking over his shoulder to make sure no one was there. “Now J.D. have I ever lied to you.†said Jesse.

Narrator:

I don’t know about ya’ll but I didn’t think they ever get here. I almost didn’t think they get Boss out of that car . But if I was Boss I would not want to get out either. For Boss to not want to get out is saying something.

Back at the farm Boss was telling Rosco “You are not to leave this spot No matter what. You are to guard this door with your life all night. Do I make myself clear.†“Now Boss with Enos and Cletus outside and me in here there is no way any one is going to get to you.†said Rosco. “Boss there is nothing for you to worry about.†said Bo. “Well Bo you can never

be to sure.†said Boss just before he shut the bedroom door.

Next morning Boss was back to his old self. Telling every one what to done. “Now Jesse thank you for letting me stay the night, but I really need to get back the Boar’s Nest to work.†said Boss. “Well J.D., the kids and I we got to talk last after you went to bed. And we decide that one of us would have to be with you at all times until who ever this is caught. So until then Bo’s going to your shadow.†said Jesse. “Ya’ll I have been think. We some how have to get this person to some how make mistake.†said Bo. “You got a way to do that?†asked Boss. “Well its going to take some doing your part Boss.†Bo told him.

• 3 weeks later...

Narrator:

I don’t know about ya’ll but I smell some shucking and jiving going on. Ya’ll I feel plain sorry for Luke. Whatever Bo’s planning Luke might not stand a chance. It seems to me its Duke vs. Duke. We are going to see how well Bo is going to do without Luke being by his side.

“Now Boss your going to need to make whoever this think that Rosco is not with you.†Bo told him. “Rosco, where are you? You are suppose to be here with me.†yelled Boss. “But Boss I’m..†Rosco started to say, but Boss gave Rosco the if you blow it your out of job. “Iâ€m at speed trap number 3, Boss.†said Rosco. “Rosco, I want you to meet at the Boar’s Nest at 2:30.†said Boss. “All right Boss I’ll see then. Over and out little fat buddy.†said Rosco. “Rosco, I am not your little fat buddy.†said Boss. “That was good Boss. I almost believe you two and I’m stand right beside you, Boss.†said Daisy. “Now all we have to do is go to the Boar’s Nest and wait. Rosco, Daisy, and Uncle Jesse I’m going to need the three of you to be close to cb’s. If my plan works we are going to need all the help we can get .†said Bo.

Narrator:

You see Bo’s plan was for whoever it was to see Dukes, Rosco, Enos, and Cletus everywhere, but with Boss. Now let’s hope Bo’s plan works. I would hate to have anything happen to Boss.

“All-right Boss you ready? I’m going to be back here in the back sit with blanket covering me. Just drive like you normally would.†Bo told him as Boss took off towards the Boar’s Nest.“All right, but when we get there you need to stay out of my way. I have work to do.†said Boss. “Don’t worry about that Boss your not evening going to notice that I am in the office with you. I plan on hiding in your closet till the guy get here.†Bo told him.

A few minutes laters Boss pulls up to the Boar’s nest using the Caddy as a block so Bo could get in with out being seen. Boss walks up to the door opens it “All right Bo the doors open.†Boss told him as Bo carefully takes the blanket off him. Bo gets out of the car staying as close to the ground as he can, but going quickly into the building. “Make sure you stay out of Bo.†Boss remind him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ten minutes later Luke walks upto the back door of Boss office at the Boar’s Nest. Takes a deep breathe “all right here goes nothing†he thought as put the mask over his face before pulling the door open. Walking into the room “All fat man give me your money.†said Luke in cold hard voice. “What’s going on?†asked Boss in voice loud enough for Bo to her the closet. “What do you think fat man your being robbed.†Luke told him.

As quietly as Bo could he open the door. Just enough so he could see where Boss and robber was at. “Good his back is towards me.†thought Bo. He opens the door the rest of way walks up to the guy spend him around and nails him in the stomache. Leaving the other guy dazed and gasping for air.

Narrator:

I don’t know about the reat of ya’ll, but I like this one bit. I hate seeing Duke’s fight Duke’s even if one doesn’t know who the other is. It just makes my skin crawl.

Luke was trying hard to shake it off, but that last hit caught him off guard. He wasn’t ready for when Bo slammed into him pinning him to the floor. Struggling to get out from under Bo. “Boss hurry get a rope. I don’t know how much longer I can keep him pinned.†Bo told Boss. Boss runs to his caddy unlocks the trunk and pulls out a rope slamming the trunk lid going back into his office. “Here’s the rope. “ Boss tells Bo. “All right get up nice and slow. Don’t think to try anything funny.†Bo told him as pulled him and putting him the chair. Taking the rope out of Boss hands tying the robber to chair. “Boss you ready to see who’s behind this?†asked Bo. “About as ready as can be.†said Boss. Bo walks upto the robber and reaches up and pulls of the mask

Narrator:

Do you think Bo will be ready for that. It proves the dead can walk and talk.

“Luke?†asked Bo with a question in his voice. “Yeah Bo.†answered Luke. “What’s going on? The doctor’s said you didn’t make it. Was this some sort of sick joke.†asked a very confused Bo. “Well its kind of

complicated.†answered Luke. “Why are you trying to hurt Boss? Luke

things don’t make scene. Please tell me what’s going on? Why are you doing this.†asked Bo. “Bo I told you it complicated. There are things that is going on that are not in my control. I’m only doing what I was told to do. Bo just untie me?†said Luke. “All right, Luke. But we have to tell Uncle Jesse and Daisy what’s going on.†Bo told him as he finished undoing the ties around Luke. “No Bo. It’s bad enough that you know that I’m alive. If anything where to happen to any of you. I would not be able to live with myself.†said Luke. “Luke we are family. And family are suppose to help.each other out.†said Bo. “No!†yelled Luke. “I told you this is my problem. I will take care of it.â€said Luke. “Luke what would Uncle Jesse and Daisy think if you didn’t tell them you where still alive.†asked Bo. “Bo you don’t know what this guy is capable of.†said Luke. “Luke, don’t do this.

Let us help you out.†begged Bo. “Bo...†Luke could feel himself wanting to say yes. “IF I let you help. You have to do what I say.†Luke told him. “We need to bring Uncle Jesse and Daisy in to this too.†Bo told him. “BO.†said Luke. “Luke you need all the help you can get. Let me call Uncle Jesse first.†said Bo as he started to walk over cb. “Bo, just watch you say. If he finds out that any of you know. It going to cause a lot of trouble for us and Boss.†Luke told him. “Lost Sheep to shepard, Lost sheep to sherard. You got your ears on?†asked Bo. “This shepard what’s wrong Bo.†asked Uncle Jesse. “I need for you to get here quick.†Bo told him. “Daisy and I are on our way.†Jesse told him.

• 2 weeks later...

At the farm Jesse and Daisy are getting into the truck and head for the Boar’s Nest. “Uncle Jesse what do you think that was all about? Bo was acting a little more weird then normal.†said Daisy. “I don’t know. I guess we will find out when we get there.†said Jesse. “You don’t think something happen to Boss?†asked Daisy. “I don’t know Baby. Whatever it is. It must be important for Bo to call us.†said Uncle Jesse. The rest of the drive was in quiet as both seem to be lost in thought trying to figure out what was going on with Bo and Boss. The drive flew by and they where pulling up to the Boar’s Nest. Back at the Boar’s Nest. Bo and Luke where trying to figure out to let Daisy and Uncle Jesse know that Luke was still alive. “I think that I should go out there and at least give them some sort of warning before they see you.†Bo told him. “Yeah I guess your right.†said Luke. “I think I’ll go out and wait for them.†said Bo as he walked to door.

It didn’t take long before Jesse pulled up to the Boar’s Nest. “It must be important if Bo’s waiting on us.†said Daisy. “Well let see what he wants.†said Jesse as he got out of truck. “Bo is Boss ok?†asked Daisy. “Boss is fine. That’s not why I asked you to come here. Your not going to believe who I found?†said Bo. “What’s going on Bo?†asked Jesse as they started walking towards the door. “Well Uncle Jesse your not going to believe what you see.†Bo said puzzling sort of way. Leaving both Jesse and Daisy wondering what Bo had meant by that.

Narrator:

I hope Daisy and Jesse are ready for the shock of there lives as the walk into Boss offices.

“Know Uncle Jesse and Daisy I’m just want to warning you about what your going to see.†said Bo before he open the door. “Bo, whatever it is just show us.†said Daisy impatiently. “Now Daisy.†Uncle Jesse started to scolded. “Don’t rush him whatever it is Bo will show us when he’s ready.†Jesse told her. Slowly Bo reached for the handle of the door taking it and pushing it open as far as it could go. Off to the side stood Luke, he wasn’t really sure if he could go threw with this. He kept hearing Mr. Montgomery threat about his family if they found out he was alive. Taking a beep breathe before he turning around. As Luke turned around Daisy caught a sight of him and gasped. She would have fell if it hadn’t been for Bo standing there beside her. “Luke..†asked Uncle Jesse he wasn’t for sure if was going to cry to just strangle Luke. “Yeah†replied Luke. “Lucas Kenneth Duke. After ya you have put me threw. You need to explain why your still alive... praise the Lord.†said Jesse. “Know wait minute Jesse this isn't my fault. I had nothing to with faking my death. I didn't know anything about until I woke up in cabin." Luke told his Uncle. "What do you mean waking up in a cabin?" asked Daisy who was just starting to get over her shock ."Well it goes back to when Jesse and Boss use to run shine." said Luke. "What does it have to do with Boss and I running shinning?" asked Jesse

"Do either of you remember Jason Montgomery?" asked Luke. At the sound of that name Boss drop the fork he was holding and turned white as sheet. “Boss, what’s wrong?†asked Daisy going over to Boss. Boss just looked at Daisy not able to say word. “Why are asking about that name?â€

asked Jesse. “He’s the one that’s behind this. He wanted to make you pay for what you and Boss did to him all those years ago.†said Luke. “What is Luke talking about Uncle Jesse?†asked Daisy. “Well Daisy, Jason and I use to run shine together against J.D.†said Jesse. “Uncle Jesse, how come I don’t remember this?†asked Luke. “Will this happen 8 months before you came to live with me, Luke.†Jesse told him. “Oh.†was all Luke could say. “Now ya see Jason and I we’re two of the best moonshiners around these parts. Well J.D. was always trying to get into the action, Just before Jason got caught. He and J.D. placed a little wager on who could get out of Sheriff Spike Lumous county before getting caught. Jason was just about back to the county line when Spike pulled up behind him. He had Jason surrounded from all side there was no way for Jason to get free.There wasn’t anything I could do to help Jason I was all ready across county line. And if I would have went back to try to help Jason. I too would have been in jail with him. Spike was looking for any reason to put either Jason or I behind bars†said Jesse.

“Now Jesse you can’t prove it was me that turned you guys in.†said Boss. “J.D. only three people knew that run was taking place that day. You, Jason and I knew. Why would Jason or myself turn ourselves in?†asked Jesse. Boss started to open his mouth to say something, but Jesse gave him a look like say anything else he leave taking his familly with him. So Boss just sat there quietly will Jesse finished telling his story.

“After Spike turned Jason over to Hazzard County Finest. Now ya see that was the only way the F.B.I. would come and get him. While he was waiting to be picked up J.D. and I went to visit him. Jason was not happy to see us. He made a promise that if ever got out he get J.D and me for turn him in. I tried to make him understand that I was not invovled, but he said because I chose not to help get him out and just stand there watch Spike arrest him I too was just as guilt as Boss. He told me then and there I better watch my back. It’s been almost 20 years scene then. Iwould have thought he be over this by now.†said Jesse. “But why drag Luke into this†asked Bo. “Because he knew how important my family was to me and still is.†Uncle Jesse told them.â€Luke, I’m sorry you was dragged into this.†said Jesse. “Uncle Jesse It’s not your fault you where only doing what you thought was right. It’s not your fault he’s a sick man.†said Luke. “Is that why you where trying to run Boss off the road and blow up his caddy?†asked Daisy. “I was trying to do this so that Boss would notice and that way he call ya’ll in for help. It was my way of telling you guys that I was still alive without letting you see me alive. He want’s Boss dead. He don’t care how it’s done. Just as long as I bring pictures back to him. That’s all he cares about.†Luke told them all.“But Uncle Jesse how are we going to make him think that Boss is dead?†asked Daisy.

Narrator:

I’m with Daisy on this. Just how are the Dukes going to make Jason think that Boss is dead. I hope that whatever they have planned is good enough to fool Jason

• 1 month later...

"This Bo Duke calling Sheriff Rosco." Bo said into the cb mic. This was the call that Rosco was waiting for. "What you want Bo, this better be good. I don't have time to play games with you." said Rosco. "Rosco I need for you to get to the Boar's Nest. Right now and make sure you bring an ambulance with you." Bo told. "Why do you need it?" asked Rosco. "Rosco just do what I ask. Get here as fast as you can." commanded Bo. As Bo was putting cb mic down “Are ya’ll ready this has to look believable. “Daisy do you still have that fake blood I your locker?†asked Luke.â€Yeah, You want to go get it.†asked Daisy going to the door to get the blood from her locker. “Now Boss we are going to have to make this real. That you have been shot and blood to death. Jason wants pictures of this.â€Luke to them. Daisy walks back into the room and hands Luke the blood.

Narrator:

Just wonder how Luke’s going to make this look real. Now if you’re the kind that get’s sick at the sight of blood don’t look.

“Now we are you ready for Rosco, LB, and BB to get here. Boss try not to move I need to take a one more picture.†Luke told them as finished taking the last picture. “Luke don’t you think you should get out of here before Rosco gets?†asked Bo. “Yeah I’ll meet you back still number two after I give Jason these.†Luke told Bo.

Narrator:

Know your probably wondering why I brought up to Cooter’s cousins. They are pretending to paramedics. So that why if Jason happens to see whats going on. He will think this is real.

Let’s just hope this works.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back at the old abandoned farm house, Jason and his men where waiting for word from Luke. “Hey Boss do you mind if I turn the radio on?†asked one of men. “Go head.†he told them. They turned it on to the local radio station in Hazzard. When they heard the report. “We break into this song for this song for a special news bullent.†said the anouncer. “Hey turn it up.†commanded Jason “County Commissioner J.D Hogg was shot down today at the Boar's Nest. At this time reports are still comming into radio whogg. Stay tune to this radio station for development." said radio announcer. “He did boss. He shot Hogg.’ said one of his guys. “From the sound of it, but I won’t believe it until I see proof.†Jason told him. A few minutes later Luke pulls up to the old farm house. Getting out of the car Luke checks his pocket one more time to make sure he has the pictures.

Walks up to the door knocks “Come in.†he hears. Opens the door and see Jason and his men listen to the radio. Walks over to the table throws the pictures down in front of Jason. “Here you go.†Luke tells him. Jason picks the pictures looks at them. “I see the radio announcer wasn’t lying. I didn’t think you do it. I thought you chicken out. Just like your Uncle.†Jason tells him. “As you can see the jobs done. You better keep your word and stay away from family. You come any where near my family. And I’ll kill you.†Luke tells him. “Are you threating me, Duke boy. Just remember I’m the one that can make your life a living hell.†He tells Luke. “Do you think you scare me?†asked Luke. “IF you know what’s good for you. You be very afraid. I can make life for your family very hard for them. And there would be nothing you could do to stop me. As far your family knows your dead. I hold all the cards. Know get out of my sight. When I need you I get hold of you.†Jason tells him. “If you...†Luke started to say. “Didn’t I tell you to leave.†Jason said with more force in his voice. Luke turns towards the door and leaves.

• 1 month later...

Bo was starting to get worried Luke told him that he would call when he got back to the cabin. That was alittle over three hours ago.â€Something is not right.†thought Bo to his self. “Uncle Jesse, I ‘m going up to the cabin and see if Luke’s back yet.†Bo told Jesse. “Now Bo, Luke will call us when he get there.†said Uncle Jesse. “I know Uncle Jesse, but I would just feel better if I were to check things out.†asked Bo. “All right just be careful. Call when you know anything.†Jesse told him. “Yes sir†replied Bo as he got into general. It only took Bo a few minutes to get to the cabin. Hee notice that Luke car was not there yet. “I wonder where he’s at. He should have been back by now.†thought Bo. Taking his time to get out of the general and walking up the stairs. The cabin itself was very big just be enough for a bed and small table and storage bin. The only time they ever use was when they where in trouble or running shine. Something they didn’t doing anymore. Bo walked into the cabin and look around.

A note on the table caught his attention especially scene he didn’t remember it ever be there. Picking it up and carefully unfolding it in case it was important. At first his eyes didn’t believe what he was. It took Bo a second to dawn on him

what he was reading...

Dear Family,

I'm sorry! I know that this is the cowards

way out of telling you. Things have change

scene the last time we talked. Jason has let

me know that if I tried to contact any of you.

That harm will come to ones I love. I can't go

threw with this plan. If any thing where to

happen to any of you. I don't know how I would

live with myself. Please know that I'm safe.

I'm asking that you don't come looking for me.

I love ya'll to much to let anything happen to you.

As soon as I can get this wrap up. I will be be back.

Love,

Luke

“Dammit Luke!†yelled Bo. He ran to the General and its mic “Lost sheep #2 calling Uncle Shepard. You got your ears on?†said upset Bo. “What’s wrong?†asked Jesse. “Has country cousin been to the farm yet?†asked a very worried Bo. “No. Why?†answered Jesse. “Well it seem like country cousin has left.†said Bo as he got into the general and started it up heading back towards the farm. “What do you mean gone?†asked Jesse. “Just what I said. Give me a few minutes I will be back at the farm. I’ll show what country cousin has left.†Bo told him.As Bo pulled into the Dukes long driveway he hit the horn to let Jesse and Daisy know he was back. He just stopped the car when Jesse and Daisy walked out of the door and towards where Bo had stopped at. As quickly as Bo could get out the car he handed Jesse the letter that Luke hade written. “Here read this.†Bo tells them. “What this all about?†asked Jesse. “Just read it.†was all Bo would say. “Do you have any ideal where he might have gone?†asked Daisy as she finished reading it. “Well I was think that there was either 2 place he might have went. I was going to check out the Indian caves, and I wanted you to check out the woods behind the old Utrip farm?†Bo asked Daisy. “All right. Make sure you check in ever 20 minutes.†said Daisy as took off toward her jeep. “Bo, I take by Hazzard pond.†Jesse told him. “All right.†said Bo “But if we haven’t found him in hour?†asked Daisy. “Will meet back here at the farm.†said Jesse. “OK.†said both Daisy and Bo.

Bo was starting to get worried Luke told him that he would call when he got back to the cabin. That was alittle over three hours ago.â€Something is not right.†thought Bo to his self. “Uncle Jesse, I ‘m going up to the cabin and see if Luke’s back yet.†Bo told Jesse. “Now Bo, Luke will call us when he get there.†said Uncle Jesse. “I know Uncle Jesse, but I would just feel better if I were to check things out.†asked Bo. “All right just be careful. Call when you know anything.†Jesse told him. “Yes sir†replied Bo as he got into general. It only took Bo a few minutes to get to the cabin. Hee notice that Luke car was not there yet. “I wonder where he’s at. He should have been back by now.†thought Bo. Taking his time to get out of the general and walking up the stairs. The cabin itself was very big just be enough for a bed and small table and storage bin. The only time they ever use was when they where in trouble or running shine. Something they didn’t doing anymore. Bo walked into the cabin and look around.

A note on the table caught his attention especially scene he didn’t remember it ever be there. Picking it up and carefully unfolding it in case it was important. At first his eyes didn’t believe what he was. It took Bo a second to dawn on him

what he was reading...

Dear Family,

I'm sorry! I know that this is the cowards

way out of telling you. Things have change

scene the last time we talked. Jason has let

me know that if I tried to contact any of you.

That harm will come to ones I love. I can't go

threw with this plan. If any thing where to

happen to any of you. I don't know how I would

live with myself. Please know that I'm safe.

I'm asking that you don't come looking for me.

I love ya'll to much to let anything happen to you.

As soon as I can get this wrap up. I will be be back.

Love,

Luke

“Dammit Luke!†yelled Bo. He ran to the General and its mic “Lost sheep #2 calling Uncle Shepard. You got your ears on?†said upset Bo. “What’s wrong?†asked Jesse. “Has country cousin been to the farm yet?†asked a very worried Bo. “No. Why?†answered Jesse. “Well it seem like country cousin has left.†said Bo as he got into the general and started it up heading back towards the farm. “What do you mean gone?†asked Jesse. “Just what I said. Give me a few minutes I will be back at the farm. I’ll show what country cousin has left.†Bo told him.As Bo pulled into the Dukes long driveway he hit the horn to let Jesse and Daisy know he was back. He just stopped the car when Jesse and Daisy walked out of the door and towards where Bo had stopped at. As quickly as Bo could get out the car he handed Jesse the letter that Luke hade written. “Here read this.†Bo tells them. “What this all about?†asked Jesse. “Just read it.†was all Bo would say. “Do you have any ideal where he might have gone?†asked Daisy as she finished reading it. “Well I was think that there was either 2 place he might have went. I was going to check out the Indian caves, and I wanted you to check out the woods behind the old Utrip farm?†Bo asked Daisy. “All right. Make sure you check in ever 20 minutes.†said Daisy as took off toward her jeep. “Bo, I take by Hazzard pond.†Jesse told him. “All right.†said Bo “But if we haven’t found him in hour?†asked Daisy. “Will meet back here at the farm.†said Jesse. “OK.†said both Daisy and Bo.

For those that are reading my story. It will be awhile before my next post.

The motherboard on my laptop fried. :cry: Hopefully the hard drive is ok. So until I can get to someone that can get the info off my hard drive or find the same type of laptop as mine so I can stick my hard drive in it.

Other wise my story is at a stand still. But I will conitue as soon as I can.

I'm sorry :cry:

For those that are reading my story. It will be awhile before my next post.

The motherboard on my laptop fried. :cry: Hopefully the hard drive is ok. So until I can get to someone that can get the info off my hard drive or find the same type of laptop as mine so I can stick my hard drive in it.

Other wise my story is at a stand still. But I will conitue as soon as I can.

I'm sorry :cry: