Bo’s Extravaganza April 7th & 8th 2018

HossC

I've just posted about Bo's Extravaganza in the NASCAR thread, but Roger asked me to start a new topic here. I can't take the credit for discovering this event - that was down to Garrett.

John Schneider is hosting Bo’s Extravaganza on April 7th & 8th 2018, his birthday weekend, down in Holden, Louisiana. The current prices on the ticketing site are:

Bo's Extravaganza Single Day General Admission Tickets
$49.56

Bo's Extravaganza 2 Day General Admission Ticket
$44.28 – $81.24

Bo's Extravaganza VIP
$423.30 – $740.02

I'll let John tell you what you can expect:

Sadly, I won't be able to make it, but I'm sure we'd all love to hear from anyone who's going.

Thanks Hoss. I just thought it would be good to put this here since there are fewer and fewer Dukes gatherings lately. I wish this thing wasn't a thousand miles away because I'd love to go if it was closer. I see the property is 58 acres which is a coincidence since Bo is turning 58. As I said I'll turn 58 just 7 days after that. I wonder if I should start an extravaganza when I jump my dirt bike over that General Lee toy. How much do you think I should charge for admission? 

On 3/4/2018 at 8:36 PM, Rollman said:

I’d go, but April is right during the start of corn planting season, so I’m out. I just hope that some other member of the cast catches the reunion torch from Cooter. I would think that there would be a lot of money to be made in doing it. 

I agree. If you don't do it for the love at least do it for the money....but just do it!

• 3 weeks later...

Well I seem to be in good company because I would really love to go as well, but don't have the money or means or the time to get there as well. Guess John Schneider will have to jump the General Lee without me. And get chased by Carl Edwards. Y'all forgot to mention Carl Edwards is going to be there. How awesome is that. NASCAR and Dukes. Well kinda...since Carl Edwards decided to retire for some unknown reason. But still... ;) 

Well Roger...I don't think I'd have the money or the means or the time to go to your party as well. I think your's would be farther away from me than John's. Why do I get to miss ALL the fun? Well I hope you take a video of you jumping your dirt bike over your toy General Lee and put it on YouTube. I want to see it! :D 

I'm starting to have second thoughts about jumping my dirt bike on my 58th birthday. I did some calculations and the toy is 4 inches long and I'm going to need 3 inches on each side of it. I took several hours to add all the numbers up and it came to a grand total of 10 inches. I'm not too worried about my dirt bike even though it's getting old....turning 20 this year. But I am worried about making a jump that long. I mean, what happens if I get 5 inches into the jump and get scared. There's no coming back at that point. The pressure I'm stating to feel is probably what Evil Knieval felt before he jumped the Snake River Canyon. 

Edited by RogerDuke

Awe come on Roger...I know you can do it. If John Schneider can do it...so can you! Probably can do it even better than John. ;)  Or better than Evil Knievel. 

I like how your birthday is seven days after John Schneider's. My birthday is five days before Denver Pyle's birthday...or the same day as George Clooney's. ;) Though Clooney is twenty years older than I. I'll let you do the research and the math on that one. :D 

1 hour ago, Garrett Duke said:

I like how your birthday is seven days after John Schneider's.

As I recall I was supposed to be born on April 4 so if I would have only been 4 days late instead of 11 days late me and John would both be turning 58 on April 8. Don't ask me how I figured this out but if I would have been born on my due date I would have turned 44 on 4-4-04.

On 24/03/2018 at 4:37 AM, RogerDuke said:

I'm starting to have second thoughts about jumping my dirt bike on my 58th birthday. I did some calculations and the toy is 4 inches long and I'm going to need 3 inches on each side of it. I took several hours to add all the numbers up and it came to a grand total of 10 inches. I'm not too worried about my dirt bike even though it's getting old....turning 20 this year. But I am worried about making a jump that long. I mean, what happens if I get 5 inches into the jump and get scared. There's no coming back at that point. The pressure I'm stating to feel is probably what Evil Knieval felt before he jumped the Snake River Canyon. 

I've been continuing your calculations, Roger, and I think you'll have to reach speeds upward of eight and a half miles an hour to make that jump. Well, no one said emulating Evel Knievel came easy ;).

I appreciate you figuring that out Hoss. I've been crunching those numbers for a few days and had calculated five mph but that was with a 2 mph margain of error. I know you're better at math so I'm taking your word for it. I'm not sure which is making me more nervous, having to jump that far or go that fast. I'm thinking I should make the jump before I turn 58 next month while I'm still much younger. Another thing I thought of. What happens if I get way up in the air (say 4 inches into the jump) and have to go to the bathroom? Or what if I get hungry? It's not like there's a fast food drive through around that high in the air. Which reminds me, we calculated distance and speed but not height. Could you crunch some more numbers and see how high I'll be? 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

Thanks so much Tania. It was a great jump and I'm happy for him. I hope he didn't get banged up too bad. It looked smooth but that can be rough on a 58 year old body. I wonder if he is the oldest person to ever jump that far. 

I agree, I’ve been in a car that’s been airborne (by accident) and the landing was hard, and I’m in my 30s.

:previous:

They used to add weight to the trunk in the show because they wanted a flat landing (much harder on the stunt people), but remember that this General is actually a rebodied Crown Vic, so it may jump differently.

I found a couple more videos on John's company Facebook page, but they've filmed in portrait mode, so I didn't bother watching them. In fact, I'm rather surprised that someone running a movie studio would film his "Extravaganza" on a cell phone held the wrong way around. Sorry, but portrait mode videos are a pet hate of mine.

On April 9, 2018 at 4:07 PM, HossC said:

:previous:

They used to add weight to the trunk in the show because they wanted a flat landing (much harder on the stunt people), but remember that this General is actually a rebodied Crown Vic, so it may jump differently.

I found a couple more videos on John's company Facebook page, but they've filmed in portrait mode, so I didn't bother watching them. In fact, I'm rather surprised that someone running a movie studio would film his "Extravaganza" on a cell phone held the wrong way around. Sorry, but portrait mode videos are a pet hate of mine.

Hoss, where did you hear that this General Lee is a rebodyed Crown Vic?  That's interesting.   

On March 25, 2018 at 8:46 PM, RogerDuke said:

I appreciate you figuring that out Hoss. I've been crunching those numbers for a few days and had calculated five mph but that was with a 2 mph margain of error. I know you're better at math so I'm taking your word for it. I'm not sure which is making me more nervous, having to jump that far or go that fast. I'm thinking I should make the jump before I turn 58 next month while I'm still much younger. Another thing I thought of. What happens if I get way up in the air (say 4 inches into the jump) and have to go to the bathroom? Or what if I get hungry? It's not like there's a fast food drive through around that high in the air. Which reminds me, we calculated distance and speed but not height. Could you crunch some more numbers and see how high I'll be? 

Roger,  I'd say you would have to get at least 6 inches in the air to be sure to clear the General Lee toy.  You might want to reconsider such a death defying jump.