The last 24 hours

RogerDuke

Cancel Culture just cancelled Pepe Le Pew. He's been removed from the new Space Jam reboot movie though "officially" it has nothing to do with a NY Times columnist basically calling the cartoon character a serial sexual predator in a recent op-ed. Funny my take away from Pepe Le Pew cartoons was if you don't heed a woman's no, boulders, safe's and other various objects will hit you in the head.

Wife had another lousy weekend, same symptoms as last weekend. Took her to urgent care last night for a covid test but the results came back negative. They think it might be the flu. I used to be the one that always got sick while the wife strutted around like Wonder Woman never getting sick. Wish there was something else I could do for her. 

Took the wife to the ER last night since her weeklong headache wouldn't go away and she puked. The tests they did all came back normal. The doc said she's got some viral infection but unsure of what it is but said she's probably in the last stage of it since her fever broke Monday night. They gave her a headache 'cocktail' which seemed to have worked, hopefully it won't come back today, and something for the nausea. They didn't do a covid test since she got one Sunday and supposedly it's the most accurate test available at the moment. I hope she gets better. I'm so used to being the sick one and don't like seeing her sick instead.

Sorry to hear that Spike. Please keep us updated. I got some bad news yesterday. My lower back has 3 problems and might require surgery. This has been tough for me. I had such a good run for 58 years or so but have been getting hit hard the la last 2 years, major foot surgery that still isn't right, Lyme disease, covid and now this. I think my Lyme disease is what's been making me so sore all over lately. My body got me through to retirement and a lot of people have had it much worse than me so I should celebrate my good run. The worst of this is that I may have to give up my dirt bike. 

Wife's doing much better today. No headache today and no more nausea. Even got her out of the house, went to the bank and store.

Things between my dad and his neighbor apparently have gotten worse lol. I and my uncle's just don't understand why he won't just pay for 2 new bushes for her and be done with it. Apparently he's willing to let this go all the way to court if it does come to it. 

On 3/11/2021 at 10:56 AM, RogerDuke said:

I got some bad news yesterday. My lower back has 3 problems and might require surgery. This has been tough for me. I had such a good run for 58 years or so but have been getting hit hard the la last 2 years, major foot surgery that still isn't right, Lyme disease, covid and now this. I think my Lyme disease is what's been making me so sore all over lately. My body got me through to retirement and a lot of people have had it much worse than me so I should celebrate my good run. The worst of this is that I may have to give up my dirt bike. 

Sorry to hear Roger. Prayers and good wishes to you.

Got outbid on another house this morning. It was our first time at an auction so it was an interesting experience. The auctioneer never even got down to our max. Soon as he came down to $100k a guy bid. There were about half dozen of us there to bid on the house but in the end only two people bid on it. One guy kept upping his bid $5k till the other couple dropped out. I think it was a bleeping :censored: flipper. Those bleepers are buying up houses like wildfire around here. People wanting to buy a house can't catch a break because those suckers swoop in 1st day a house comes on the market and puts in a cash offer that 9 times out if ten the seller accepts. It's become such an issue that one of the local news stations even did a story about flippers buying up the majority of the houses around here a few days ago. Would've been a nice little slice of country heaven. 

18 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

Hey Hoss, if Phillip can't be called king then why will Kate be queen?

Apparently, it goes back to an old law whereby the ruling monarch's spouse is known as consort. Then we get into gender politics, because a man who marries a queen is known as prince consort, but a lady who marries a king becomes queen consort, which generally gets shortened to queen.

Also, I'm having trouble finding members with the member search. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. Has it been working okay? 

Let me know what you're trying/trying to do, and I'll see if I can help.

2 hours ago, HossC said:

Apparently, it goes back to an old law whereby the ruling monarch's spouse is known as consort. Then we get into gender politics, because a man who marries a queen is known as prince consort, but a lady who marries a king becomes queen consort, which generally gets shortened to queen.

Let me know what you're trying/trying to do, and I'll see if I can help.

Thanks Hoss. That clears it up. It just seems odd calling a guy that old a prince. 

When I go to search for a member nothing comes up, even if I type in a name that I'm certain is correct. It's probably working fine, I'm just not doing something right. 

56 minutes ago, RogerDuke said:

When I go to search for a member nothing comes up, even if I type in a name that I'm certain is correct. It's probably working fine, I'm just not doing something right. 

I just clicked on "Forums" in the main navigation bar and then "Members". I typed the random search term "roger" in the "Search Term" box and clicked "Search Again". The results were:

rogergrubbs, grogers1970, robrogers1984, chrisrogers731, Chris_Rogers and someone called RogerDuke!

Thanks Hoss. It has to be typed in perfectly or it won't work. I was trying to locate JBagwell_01 and tried different variations but still didn't find him. You used to be able to go into alphabetical order by typing in a J but I couldn't figure out how to do that. Again, I'm sure it's my fault, not the site.

4 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

Thanks Hoss. It has to be typed in perfectly or it won't work. I was trying to locate JBagwell_01 and tried different variations but still didn't find him. You used to be able to go into alphabetical order by typing in a J but I couldn't figure out how to do that. Again, I'm sure it's my fault, not the site.

I also tried various combinations of letters in the search, but I got nothing. All the members whose usernames start "jb" are currently on page 93 of the alphabetical list, but there's no JBagwell_01. Even a Google search didn't give any results with that name.

On 3/14/2021 at 10:15 PM, Hobie Hartkins said:

Hey, guys....I hope Roger and his wife and Spike and his wife will get better soon and know that you have all of us backing you all the way! Bless you all!!

Thank you :cheers:. She's much better. She stuffed herself the other night with fried chicken and a salad. First time she cleaned her plate in more than a week. 

Read a local news article yesterday about other buyer's struggles trying to buy a house. Comforting to know we're not going he only ones struggling against the out of state jackals buying up all the housing. One couple have been out bid on 32 houses :-o. It be nice if it was a level playing field where home buyers had an actual shot in hell against the investors/flippers throwing briefcases of cash at sellers. And since it's a cash deal it nullify's the need for an inspection and appraisal which mortgage buyers have to get so of course sellers will take the cash deal 99% of the time.

Looks like my dad and the neighbor finally come to an agreement on the bushes. The neighbor got an estimate on replacing them and she said it was outrageous so she's just going to have the damaged ones removed and replace them with some other plant. At least I won't be hearing my dad whine about it anymore, that got old two weeks ago and he still goes on about it every single day. I assume when my dad was a kid he whined until my grandparents gave in or something. Even my one uncle the other day said it's time my dad grew up and took some responsibility lol, at least I'm not the only one in the family saying it. 

I always wondered why Philip was called Prince and not King, that's interesting.

2 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

Thanks Hoss. Wow Spike. Outbid on 32 houses! If that's not an indication that there is some kind of problem I don't know what is. 

Hey Spike....my mother lived in down town Franklin Tn.. and  she passed away and now I've got to sell her house, so if you'd like to live around here, let me know. I'll show you the place and give you the,   " VIP Treatment!"

15 hours ago, Hobie Hartkins said:

Hey Spike....my mother lived in down town Franklin Tn.. and  she passed away and now I've got to sell her house, so if you'd like to live around here, let me know. I'll show you the place and give you the,   " VIP Treatment!"

Thanks but I think we'd like to stick around NW Ohio. You'll probably see some of my Tennessee relatives if you hold an open house lol. Got a lot of cousins down there.

Thanks Hoss. Wow Spike. Outbid on 32 houses! If that's not an indication that there is some kind of problem I don't know what is. 

Yeah the housing market is crazy here. One realtor they interviewed said he's never seen anything like it in all his years. Said he schedules open houses then has to cancel them because the owners get a cash bid right away. Some of the local home inspectors are actually hurting for money because they're not doing inspections like they normally would be scheduled to do.

18 hours ago, Spike said:

Yeah the housing market is crazy here. One realtor they interviewed said he's never seen anything like it in all his years. Said he schedules open houses then has to cancel them because the owners get a cash bid right away. Some of the local home inspectors are actually hurting for money because they're not doing inspections like they normally would be scheduled to do.

It's crazy around here and where my sister's family is retiring in Idaho. They got in at the right time. The week after they bought their new home, prices went up $15,000 and a month later, they were $50,000 more!! We were going to move too, but that'll be too rich for our blood by the time we're ready. But the good news is that our house is worth almost 2x what we paid for it 17 years ago.