The last 24 hours

RogerDuke

Hey, I just thought about something, about the " Babaloon"  ( spelled phonetically) tires comment. I've never heard of those kind of tires and was wondering if you guys thought it was a mispronunciation of another word. He ( Waylon)  mispronounced the name of one of the crooks one time and  called her " Miss Melanie Dubois" and her partner big Jim Mathers." Dubois was pronounced  "D00 boy" and the proper pronunciation ( it's a French name) is "Doobwah." , which Boss pronounced properly a little later. ( Watch it and be looking for it...you'll see). Remember, Waylon was usually on the road, I believe, when he recorded his part, as narrator ( "Balladeer") , for the show. They just sent him his part and he recorded it.  No one was there to tell him how to pronounce certain things and he WAS a high school drop out...so....  

Yeah it would have been great for the Christmas episode.

It seems we're going to get our winter's seasons worth of snow this month since most of December and January were rain. According to the one station we're already halfway there, and they said we could have significant snowfall with this next storm Wednesday night. Got 4 inches in one storm last Wed., another inch+ Thursday night and about 2+ inches yesterday before it turned over to rain.Figures I was just started thinking what plants to plant this Spring :lol: .

Darndest thing about the tire on the wife's car, pressure hasn't gone down since I last filled it, didn't make it to the tire shop because the wife had to work and I had stuff to do that Saturday but for whatever reason the tire is holding air fine now :confused: . Still will probably get new tires this summer though as we're sick of dealing with all the trouble we've had with this set.

• 3 weeks later...

If any of you guys have a trail cam I suggest checking it regularly. I was checking mine this morning as I had put it out on the patio to see what animal has been nosing around the planters, when I grabbed it i noticed that it was warm even though the temps over night was about 30 degrees F. When I brought it in I couldn't get it to turn off so I could check the memory card so I thought that it might be due to the weather so I set it on the table and ate breakfast. After breakfast I grabbed it again only this time it was Hot and smelled like burning wires so I got the batteries out and the sd card and put it outside just in case it started to burn. So I guess I'll be shopping for a new trail camera unless the company sends me a replacement but their first correspondence didn't instill confidence that they will honor the warranty.

Saturday while we were out and about running errands we witnessed a guy dump his just bought motorcycle while trying to go around railroad gates. He apparently didn't want to wait the few minutes for a locomotive to cross and while trying to navigate around the gates gave it to much throttle and fishtailed, overcorrected and fell. He was uninjured thanks to the helmet he just bought with the bike but both the bike and helmet suffered damage. The bike dealership was right next to the train tracks so the guy didn't even make it 50 ft before he wrecked it. The salesman told us he was going to ride it home since it was such a nice day. Maybe he should rethink his purchase and sell the bike after he has it repaired even though he will probably lose money on it. If you ride be safe.

Forgot to mention... Yesterday the local tv weathermen said we were about to get the most snowfall this season with the winter storm today omg the sky is falling blah blah blah. This morning they changed their tune to we might see 4 inches of snow at most over the next 36 hours :lol: . Second time this month they got everybody riled up that we were going to get slammed with snow only to be hit with a few inches.

Edited by Spike

On 2/26/2020 at 4:17 PM, Hobie Harkins said:

Where are you at Spike? I'm in middle Tennessee.

NW Ohio. By the time the snow was done we got 4 inches on the grass but on the pavement we just had barely an inch. Of course with the warm temps we had over the weekend all the snow has melted. Did manage to get to a local park and take several snow pics though. I'm glad I don't live here though https://www.today.com/home/lake-erie-homes-completely-encased-ice-after-storm-t174944 that's just crazy.

Well looks like the company that made the Trail Camera won't back up the warranty :angry: I contacted them again and got the same automated reply. Really ticks me off though I guess I shouldn't be surprised since some of the reviews I've read recently it looks like others have had same issues with contacting the company about warranty claims. Sucks that it's owned by a fishing/hunting conglomerate with several brands that are now on my Never Buying Again list. 

I see Febreeze now makes Air Freshener sprays for men, while shopping the other day the wife pointed out the new scents. One is Wood; has a mixture of Cedar, Oud & Amber, it's quite a pleasant wood smell and it doesn't hang in the air forever like some air fresheners do. The other scent is Forest which is supposed to smell like a rain forest I guess but it's another pleasant smell.

Edited by Spike

3 hours ago, Spike said:

I see Febreeze now makes Air Freshener sprays for men, while shopping the other day the wife pointed out the new scents. One is Wood; has a mixture of Cedar, Oud & Amber, it's quite a pleasant wood smell and it doesn't hang in the air forever like some air fresheners do. The other scent is Forest which is supposed to smell like a rain forest I guess but it's another pleasant smell.

Do they do one that smells of bacon?

Congrats Roger. Be sure to find a hobby that takes up some of your time or if you have grandkids spend more time with them. 

Wife and I went to the Toledo zoo the other day. I'm guessing one of the workers there wears a coat like the one I wore as a lot of animals kept coming up to their enclosures like I was going to feed them :lol: . When we walked up to the meerkat exhibit a group of them walked up and stood there looking at me and chirping away. Almost seen the giraffe's go xxx, male was tiring himself out chasing the female around :lol:. They finally finished renovating the 2nd oldest building they have, they really knocked it out of the park. Building now has a 2 story rainforest conservatory with a few tropical birds and hummingbirds and butterfly's flying around it, some tropical frogs on the ground so you definitely have to watch your step. They must have at least a 100 different plant species in there as well. In another part of the building they have an exhibit full of animal skeletons and heads and furs for kids to touch and feel along with hundreds of dead bugs on display. In another part is a small live amphibian/reptile section and bug section and a small aquarium section. In the Main hall they have prehistoric creatures of North America; Mastodon, Woolly Mammoth, Sabre tooth Tiger, American Lion, Short Faced Bear and an extinct species of Moose. We spent almost 3 hours in that building and didn't even realize it there is just so much to see in there now and we didn't even see it all as there were a few rooms closed off still.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Weather took a swing back to winter and looks like it will be this way till next weekend. Unfortunately there's some good chances for frost next week and yesterday I cleaned up the patio and got the leaves out of the pots so now I got to figure out a way to cover the plants that have come up already overnight next week. Finished my seed starting yesterday as well. Gonna try corn again, have a bunch of tomato's and a couple of cucumbers. Just got to figure out where I'm gonna plant them at my dad's garden.