The last 24 hours

RogerDuke

38 minutes ago, RogerDuke said:

It's crazy what happened in these last 3 NFL playoff games. All 3 visiting teams broke a tie and ended the game with a win as time expired. It's tied right now between the Bills and Chiefs in the third quarter do it could happen again.

I'm watching it. It's like a preacher I used to listen to...he thought it was all fake and I'm starting to see stuff that makes me agree with him!

Interesting how things finally get fixed around here when you start documenting it. Monday morning I fell again on the iced over sidewalk leading to the parking lot. Since late November early December the eavestrough down spout at the end of the building had been separated from the eavestrough so all the rain and snowmelt has been pouring down on the neighbors front step and then down to the sidewalk. The roof is black so even when it's really cold like it has been this week the snow melts on sunny days and the sidewalk has been covered with a 1/8-1/4 inch thick layer of ice. Monday morning after I fell I took pictures of the missing down spout and ice covered sidewalks, did it again Tuesday and yesterday morning as well. I guess management got word of it or maybe someone else complained as well, when I got home yesterday a new downspout was put on and a lot of salt was put on the sidewalk. The high yesterday was only 15 degrees so it is highly unusual that maintenance works outside. When temps are that low they only do emergency maintenance such as windows, doors or anything to do with the heater/ac unit and anything that can wait till warmer days gets pushed back on the schedule to warmer days.

Since my brother in law got his new snowblower attachment and new mower he gave me his old snowblower. And it looks like I'll be using it Thursday as they're forecasting upto a foot of snow for Wednesday-Thursday. Of the big 3 hardware chains in town I found out Home Depot allows you to rent their trucks without having to make a big purchase in store to haul home. So I rented their truck to get the snowblower from my brother in law and bring it home. After I dropped the truck back off to Home Depot I checked out the weekend clearance sale and ended up buying another ratcheting screwdriver that I really didn't need but for half a turn of the handle it does a full turn of the bit and I only paid $5 with the extra 15% off clearance prices sale they were running.

This "Snowmageddon" storm is so far turning out to be a dud. I know we still have another 24 hours to go but all it did so far is rain till about 1pm then snow for an hour and back to rain and now it's raining and snowing at the same time. We were supposed to have half a foot of snow by now. Local tv stations got everyone in such a panic saying this could be the biggest storm in history that local grocery store shelves are now bare. Schools, Library's, Museum, Local Government buildings all closed for the rest of the week. One goofball meteorologist said this one was going to be like or worse than the dreaded "blizzard of '78", I hope he gets reprimanded at least.

We're going through that right now. People are rushing to the stores and buying stuff like crazy. They are only forecasting a foot. That's not a very big deal for Lake Erie. Oh well, people like excitement I guess. Come to think if it, that why I'm a Dukes fan.....and that's why I like the HazzardNet.

Speaking of excitement. I hear the US national debt is at 30 trillion now. Wow, if we keep up this irresponsibility, the debt will get really high someday. 

(pardon the sarcasm) 

On 2/4/2022 at 8:03 PM, RogerDuke said:

Well Spike, the forecasters got it right here. We got a foot. I have to take my grandson back to college in Akron Ohio tomorrow. It's 2 hours one way. It looks like the roads will be clear. 

Officially we got 12.8 inches at the Airport weather station but outside my front door is just 9 inches, majority of it Thursday. The one local tv station is now running an ad with pics of the snow "We don't want to alarm you just inform you". Yet Tuesday they were saying "This is the big one folks, could be the biggest one in history. We could see 22+ inches." They're not saying anything about how far off their predictions were.

My dad finding out that I have a snowblower turned out worse than I thought so now I'm thinking about getting rid of it so I don't get called every :censored: time we get a little snowfall. Friday the elderly lady that lives next door to him wanted me to clear the 2 inches that fell after I cleared her driveway Thursday afternoon. I just shoveled it instead of getting the snowblower out of the garage and going through the whole startup procedure and waiting for it to warm up and anyways I left the key to it at home. My dad seen me shoveling and came over and gave me 10 minutes of grief because I wasn't using the bleeping blower, I turned my music back on and went back to shoveling and he eventually figured out I wasn't listening anymore and went back home. Turns out he didn't clear a path to get the trashcan out and wanted to use the snowblower and I said no. After I got done with the neighbor I shoveled a path for his stupid trashcan and instead of a thank you I got "what'd you get the snowblower for if you're not going to use it". I get home Friday and tell the wife I'm just going to sell the dang thing so she's pissed at me after we got in a fight about it....so yeah it's been a great :censored:weekend :angry:. I ended up adding a shot of whiskey to a bottle of Jones RootBeer that night.

On 1/10/2022 at 10:28 PM, Hobie Hartkins said:

Does anybody know HOW Bob Saget died? I don't see it anywhere!

Bob's family have just revealed that before he died, he received an accidental blow to the back of his head, thought nothing of it and went to sleep. Authorities have concluded that drugs and alcohol were not involved in his death.

Hope everyone else had a good Valentine's day and weekend. Wife and I did a couples terrarium workshop at the zoo. In addition to making our own terrarium we got a guided tour of the Zoo's museum greenhouse and show and tell with a few zoo animals.

Looks like it's going to be a weird weather week. Wednesday in the 50's, Thursday starts out in the 50's but a quick strong storm system will drop temps to single digits by Thursday night. So far it's unknown if we'll get ice accumulation or snow when the temps drop. One station is saying we could see upto 6 inches of snow depending on when the temps drop. 

Ireland and the UK are currently being hit by Storm Eunice. Some parts have received a red weather warning. About 80,000 homes are without power in Ireland, and flights and ferries have been cancelled. Even some schools have closed. We're only in an orange alert where I live, and so far the day's been quite nice and sunny with scattered showers and gusty winds.

It was calm and dry when I started this post, and just as I was about to press "Submit Reply", I looked out of the window to see almost sideways hail. A couple of minutes later, and it's almost over. I guess the rest of the day will be the same.