The last 24 hours

RogerDuke

40 minutes ago, Hobie Hartkins said:

Does anybody know HOW Bob Saget died? I don't see it anywhere!

I don't think they know yet. The article I read said "The sheriff’s office confirmed that no cause of death had been determined, saying in a statement there were no signs of foul play or drug use."

They are supposed to do an autopsy. I never watched Full House but I know Uncle Jesse on that show wouldn't know Maudeen the mule's backside from a cow's udder. 

The NFL finished in dramatic fashion in Las Vegas. The game was two seconds away from ending in a tie. If it would have, the Steelers would have been out of the playoffs (And they weren't even playing in that game) Here are the playoff match ups 

Titans and Packers get a bye 

Raiders vs Bengals

Patriots vs Bills 

Steelers vs Chiefs 

Eagles vs Bucs

49ers vs Cowboys 

Cardinals vs Rams 

14 hours ago, Hobie Hartkins said:

Does anybody know HOW Bob Saget died? I don't see it anywhere!

13 hours ago, HossC said:

I don't think they know yet. The article I read said "The sheriff’s office confirmed that no cause of death had been determined, saying in a statement there were no signs of foul play or drug use."

I bet it was a heart attack. They said he was found with his hand clenched on his chest. He did a two hour stand up routine that night and many witnesses said that he didn't drink much water out of the bottle on stage for him.

It's interesting his comedy was so raunchy considering he played such a vanilla character on Full House. Though you could see his dirty mind come out a little bit as host on America's Funniest Home Videos. 

I finished 9 days of isolation yesterday. I got a positive antigen test on New Year's Day and so did a friend who I was with the day before. Unfortunately, probably partly due to the holidays, it took just over a week to get a PCR test (my friend somehow got theirs a couple of days earlier). The negative result came back last night, so I've finally started 2022 a week late! The most annoying thing is that halfway through last week the brand of antigen test that gave me a positive result was withdrawn from shops amid reports of false positives. In the end, I probably never had Covid, but you can't be too careful.

1 hour ago, HossC said:

Thanks for asking, Roger. The incision scars have nearly healed and the shoulder pain finally seems to have gone. I guess that means that the worst is over.

You hang in there bud and take it easy! Don't try too much, too soon! ( and keep us up on everything!)

3 hours ago, Hobie Hartkins said:

You hang in there bud and take it easy! Don't try too much, too soon! ( and keep us up on everything!)

Yep, no jumping cars across creeks until you are back to 100%. 

It looks like covid may be starting to wind down. If we can avoid another variant as severe as delta, we may be seeing a light at the end of the tunnel.....maybe 

9 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

Yep, no jumping cars across creeks until you are back to 100%. 

It looks like covid may be starting to wind down. If we can avoid another variant as severe as delta, we may be seeing a light at the end of the tunnel.....maybe 

Yea, studies have shown that my shine will kill all the viruses and variants ....AND... it might even help get Hoss  back on his feet!  :) 

Edited by Hobie Hartkins

16 hours ago, Hobie Hartkins said:

Yea, studies have shown that my shine will kill all the viruses and variants 

That's nothing. My outdated buttermilk won't just kill viruses and variants, it will kill everything alive....and it's a lot cheaper and easier to make. Here's the recipe...

Step 1....buy buttermilk.

Step 2.....drink buttermilk 2 months after expiration date. 

15 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

That's nothing. My outdated buttermilk won't just kill viruses and variants, it will kill everything alive....and it's a lot cheaper and easier to make. Here's the recipe...

Step 1....buy buttermilk.

Step 2.....drink buttermilk 2 months after expiration date. 

I've even heard it might even create a few new variants! :) 

Wife may have been exposed to Covid this week. Her one coworker, same one who had it twice already, came to work even though her husband and kids all tested positive for Covid. Her test was negative so she figured she was ok to work. Even though her kids tested positive for Covid she still made them go to school :blink:. So far the wife isn't showing any symptoms, knocks on wood.

Brother in law ended up paying $300 to to get that snow blower attachment hooked up to his new mower. The goober they sent out to pick it up told my brother in law that he had to dismantle the progress we made, otherwise they wouldn't take it back to the shop to put it back on. Of course since my brother in law only has one good hand he broke a cable on the new mower while removing the snow blower attachment so they charged him $200 extra dollars to replace that on top of the $100 they quoted him to put the snow blower attachment on the mower, amazing what some places can charge for parts during this part shortage period. Bet he's not going back to that hardware store anymore for anything even if it's the closest one to him.

The snow just started and we could get 20 inches. This isn't going to be the light fluffy stuff like last time. This is the heavy slippery greasy kind. Steelers vs Chiefs starting now. Four playoff teams have been knocked out so far. Those 4 are the Eagles, Raiders, Patriots and Cowboys. 

11 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

The snow just started and we could get 20 inches. This isn't going to be the light fluffy stuff like last time. This is the heavy slippery greasy kind. Steelers vs Chiefs starting now. Four playoff teams have been knocked out so far. Those 4 are the Eagles, Raiders, Patriots and Cowboys. 

Im shocked that we got nothing from the Winter storm. In fact it was sunny all weekend. This weird winter reminds me of the one we had I think it was 2012, maybe 2011, where we got very little snow, inch or two here and there and one 6 inch storm. Total out of that season was 2 feet of snow if even that, our average is 3-4 feet of snow every winter with four or more 6inch plus snow storms.

Don't overwork yourself digging out Roger.

Yesterday afternoon, along with some friends, I attended a vigil for a young teacher, 23-year-old Ashling Murphy, who was murdered last week.  Her death seems to have united not only Ireland, but also Irish communities around the world, with vigils being held in far away places such as New York. It was a moving occasion with a short circular walk led by local politicians and council members followed by a couple of brief speeches and a song from a local choir. Luckily, we had a beautiful, crisp winter's day with hardly a cloud in the sky. I haven't seen any official figures for attendance, but I'd says that a few hundred people turned up.

2 hours ago, HossC said:

Yesterday afternoon, along with some friends, I attended a vigil for a young teacher, 23-year-old Ashling Murphy, who was murdered last week.  Her death seems to have united not only Ireland, but also Irish communities around the world, with vigils being held in far away places such as New York. It was a moving occasion with a short circular walk led by local politicians and council members followed by a couple of brief speeches and a song from a local choir. Luckily, we had a beautiful, crisp winter's day with hardly a cloud in the sky. I haven't seen any official figures for attendance, but I'd says that a few hundred people turned up.

Hopefully the perpetrator will be caught and something good may come from it all. ( Irish unification?)

1 hour ago, Hobie Hartkins said:

Hopefully the perpetrator will be caught and something good may come from it all. ( Irish unification?)

Gardai (the police) are still waiting to question a man admitted to hospital a couple of days ago with what might be self-inflicted wounds. Another man was arrested and questioned soon after the attack, but despite Gardai releasing him and saying he's no longer a suspect, he was named on social media and had to go into hiding!

The incident may have brought people together, but it's not going to lead to unification. Brexit has added extra complications to the trade relationships between Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland and also between Northern Ireland and the rest of the UK.

1 hour ago, RogerDuke said:

Too late for that. I'm exhausted. Time to admit that I'm not young anymore. Time to think about a snow blower next year. I shoveled 2 feet of snow in my 150 foot driveway by hand. 

As Gomer Pyle would say "Wow golly Cousin Roger! Your body must really be smarting!"(hurting)

So what was supposed to be just one inch, at most, of snow turned in to 4+ inches of snow. Needless to say since the local weather forecasters on last evening's news said we weren't going to get barely any snow the county plow drivers weren't called in till this morning. Due to the lousy roads there was a multi vehicle pileup on I-75 that still has it shut down. We were supposed to clean an office this morning but we came back home after seeing how bad the main roads were. I'll make that $$$ up and probably more clearing driveways this afternoon anyways.