The last 24 hours

RogerDuke

Yep Skipper. When he coached the Raiders I couldn't stand the guy because of how he acted. That, and the Raiders always seemed to have my Steelers number. They always seemed to beat them, even in the years when Pittsburgh was good and Oakland was down. When he became an announcer I couldn't stand him. Through the years my opinion slowly changed. Eventually he was my favorite announcer. BOOM! What a legend. 

Most kids today don't know much about him except for the video game. Just like most kids don't know much about Dukes except Daisy Duke shorts. Thank goodness Madden never wore them. 

On 12/29/2021 at 10:06 PM, RogerDuke said:

Just like most kids don't know much about Dukes except Daisy Duke shorts. Thank goodness Madden never wore them. 

:rofl:

I just knew him as an announcer. The next Madden videogame will probably have a lot tributes to him.

Good news, good news. Found out the neighbor should be getting out of the hospital over the weekend. She suffered a minor stroke due to the Covid. Due to her promptness in calling 911 when she felt weird the docs say she should have no lingering effects of the stroke. 

22 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

What a lazy day today was. Happy New Year everybody! 

We had a lazy day today, just sat on the couch and watched tv. Due to the forecasted snowmageddon, that never happened just got an inch of snow, we did our cleaning job yesterday morning instead. Wasn't easy waking up early Saturday to work due to the half hour of fireworks and gun shots at midnight, took a while to get back to sleep.

Happy New Year y'all.

10 hours ago, Spike said:

This world is so backwards anymore... Couple of local police officers are facing disciplinary actions for keeping a crack addict from driving the wrong way on I-75. They should be heralded as heroes not facing disciplinary punishment. 

I bet I can guess the F nic origin of the cops AND the the crack head!

23 hours ago, Spike said:

This world is so backwards anymore... Couple of local police officers are facing disciplinary actions for keeping a crack addict from driving the wrong way on I-75. They should be heralded as heroes not facing disciplinary punishment. 

Interesting what happens when the media gets involved. Investigation was closed and no officer's will face any disciplinary punishment. In fact in an interview yesterday the Chief of police praised them and said they did what needed to be done for everyone's safety. Apparently the police have banned the use of the pit maneuver during the "woke" movement, so that was the issue. 

This morning when I woke up I seen there was a Ring notification from overnight. Turns out a Fox visited our front door. That was kind of neat seeing something other than a bird, cat, dog or squirrel setting it off. 

3 hours ago, Spike said:

Apparently the police have banned the use of the pit maneuver during the "woke" movement, so that was the issue.

In the UK they generally use a procedure called TPAC (Tactical Pursuit And Containment) where the police cars surround the target vehicle and then gradually slow down.

3 hours ago, Spike said:

This morning when I woke up I seen there was a Ring notification from overnight. Turns out a Fox visited our front door. That was kind of neat seeing something other than a bird, cat, dog or squirrel setting it off. 

I used to see foxes regularly when I lived in London, even sometimes during the day. I can't remember seeing any in Ireland.

1 hour ago, Hobie Hartkins said:

TPAC....in MY world ( The south, specifically middle Tennessee) TPAC= Tennessee Performing Arts Center.....They have some good concerts every now and then.  :) 

Over here, NRA means the National Roads Authority. I believe it means something different to you. ;)

We got a foot of snow but it was so light it was like shoveling air. Someone was killed not too far from me. She was a passenger when her husband slid on the road and was T-boned by a pick up truck.

Supercross motorcycle racing starts tomorrow so I'm pretty pumped about it. I was going to go to a basketball game tomorrow  but one team has too many covid cases. 

On 1/7/2022 at 11:37 PM, RogerDuke said:

We got a foot of snow but it was so light it was like shoveling air. Someone was killed not too far from me. She was a passenger when her husband slid on the road and was T-boned by a pick up truck.

Supercross motorcycle racing starts tomorrow so I'm pretty pumped about it. I was going to go to a basketball game tomorrow  but one team has too many covid cases. 

23 hours ago, Hobie Hartkins said:

We got more snow than I can remember in a LONG time! 6.5 in.!! It's practically gone by now though!

We got rain here :cornfused:. Some weird weather we're having here lately, one day in the upper 40's next day 20 with wind chills in the single digits or -0's. 

My brother in law bought a snow blower attachment for his lawn mower only to find out it wouldn't fit so he went out and bought a new mower which got delivered a few days ago so yesterday I helped him hook the blower up. We almost got it all hooked up but the last belt refused to go around a pulley. So we detached the one thing to move it up to get the belt around the pulley which worked but then we couldn't get the dang thing hooked back up to the bottom of the mower lol. He called the place he bought the new mower from and they're coming out to finish it some time this week.