The last 24 hours

RogerDuke

I was watching the one where Hughie tries to buy the farm for $500 and it goes down from there and he had his car planted at the Duke farm for Rosco to find. Cooter says ( when he hid the car, so Rosco  wouldn't find it) that he got there about 4 1/2 minutes before they did! THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO WAY he could've unburied that car AND re-stacked the hay and backed it into that van in 4 1/2 minutes....NO WAY!!

Edited by Hobie Hartkins

14 hours ago, Hobie Hartkins said:

I was watching the one where Hughie tries to buy the farm for $500 and it goes down from there and he had his car planted at the Duke farm for Rosco to find. Cooter says ( when he hid the car, so Rosco  wouldn't find it) that he got there about 4 1/2 minutes before they did! THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO WAY he could've unburied that car AND re-stacked the hay and backed it into that van in 4 1/2 minutes....NO WAY!!

Hollywood magic! ;)

8 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

Covid is in our family again.....no close relatives so far but close relatives are sick and waiting to be tested. Erie County Pennsylvania just broke a record of 335 cases in one day. Here we go again. 

Sending prayers up for your family and friends Cousin Roger Duke! :)

5 hours ago, HossC said:

Another new experience for me yesterday - I had my first general anesthetic so that I could have my gallbladder removed. I'm still tired from the operation, and the incision points are a bit sore, but other than a bit of pain when I cough, I don't think I came out of it too badly.

I sure hope you're doing better soon! I'm all too familiar  with local and general anesthesia! Keep us up on how you're doing.

57 minutes ago, Hobie Hartkins said:

I sure hope you're doing better soon! I'm all too familiar  with local and general anesthesia! Keep us up on how you're doing.

Thanks, Hobie. I've just ventured out to get some groceries, and while I was walking it felt vaguely like I'd been punched in the stomach, but not too hard. Hopefully things will get even better tomorrow.

Glad to hear you are on the road to recovery Hoss. 

I've been told my numbers are suspicious so gall bladder removal may be in my future. How limited is your diet now? Less fatty foods and red meat? 

I was pretty nervous the first time I got "knocked out". It was 25 years ago for nose surgery (deviated septum). Since then I've had two colon checks and an intensive foot surgery so I'm a 4 time veteran of the deep sleep. The first one was the toughest to wake up from. 

Keep us updated on your progress. 

Our covid scare isn't too bad so far....just one distant relative. 

Edited by RogerDuke

16 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

Glad to hear you are on the road to recovery Hoss. 

I've been told my numbers are suspicious so gall bladder removal may be in my future. How limited is your diet now? Less fatty foods and red meat? 

I was pretty nervous the first time I got "knocked out". It was 25 years ago for nose surgery (deviated septum). Since then I've had two colon checks and an intensive foot surgery so I'm a 4 time veteran of the deep sleep. The first one was the toughest to wake up from. 

Keep us updated on your progress. 

Our covid scare isn't too bad so far....just one distant relative. 

Yes, I'm supposed to be on a low fat diet. I was definitely nervous because they have to go through the worst case scenarios. I've still been sore today, but the painkillers seem to do the trick. I'm just hoping for a good night's sleep.

I'm glad that covid hasn't affected your family too much, Roger. We've got tighter guidelines starting again this week. Let's hope that we don't have to go back to lockdown again before Christmas.

Sending healthy well wishes Hoss and Roger.

Had a haunting experience last week. Was cleaning this house that was built in the 1900's. The last day I was there alone and I was cleaning the windows and one of the interior doors tried slamming shut. It ended up banging into the tool chest that the homeowner left there because he's fixing up the place. The hairs on the back of my neck and arms stood straight up after that lol. I quickly finished the windows and got the heck out of there. 

1 hour ago, Spike said:

Had a haunting experience last week. Was cleaning this house that was built in the 1900's. The last day I was there alone and I was cleaning the windows and one of the interior doors tried slamming shut. It ended up banging into the tool chest that the homeowner left there because he's fixing up the place. The hairs on the back of my neck and arms stood straight up after that lol. I quickly finished the windows and got the heck out of there. 

Did you check the basement for silver thieves? ;)

Glad to hear you're recovering @HossC. Gallbladder issues run in my family. My paternal grandmother, dad, and sister have all had theirs out and doctors are monitoring my nephew's, which will probably have to be removed eventually. I've had my own scares and testing for the same, but so far no surgery. I've had five other surgeries in the last 13 years though, so I completely understand that soreness and problems with coughing. Take care of yourself.

11 hours ago, Spike said:

Hey Roger have you seen that Comet that's passing by this week in the night sky. Local news meteorologist mentioned if we didn't have cloudy nights every night this week we would've been able to see it. 

I haven't seen it yet. It's been nothing but cloudy here. I don't think it's bright enough to see yet without binoculars. Finding it will be tough though with no knowledge of the constellations. It's named Comet Leonard after it's discoverer less than a year ago. Later this month it will become an evening object and on Dec 18 will be just below super bright Venus in the southwest sky, 45 minutes after sunset. 

I'm sure Roger would have liked my afternoon - a charity tractor run went through town. I think each vehicle had to pay €20 to join the convoy, and there were plenty of people shaking buckets along the route. As well as tractors, there were also a good few trucks, and I nearly went deaf as they all sounded their horns as they went by. The majority were decorated with Santas and Christmas lights. I lost count of the number of vehicles, but they took almost half an hour to pass. I'd say there must've been around 200 altogether.

Wife and I finally got the Christmas tree up with a twist...We bought a potted live one instead of dragging the artificial one out and moving furniture to find a place to put it. Got the tallest live Alberta Spruce at the nearby Lowe's, it's about a 3 footer. 

Saturday we took a tour of the Stranahan mansion all decorated. I shot video and a few pics will edit it together and post it on my YouTube channel within a week or two. Only two rooms were underwhelming, one looks like the person who won the lottery to design that room either didn't have the time or was just lazy as all they did was put up a pre lighted tree and didn't even put ornaments on it. The master bath was the best, it was decorated like Halloween. 

1 minute ago, Hobie Hartkins said:

I just want Hoss and Mufn to know that I sympathize with your  troubles and hope you're feeling better soon. ( The things I could tel you!.....but nobody like a man baby! :)  ) 

Thanks, Hobie.

I had a very painful, stiff shoulder in the middle of last week - it's apparently a known after effect of being inflated with CO2. That kept me awake for a couple of nights with only strong painkillers and a hot water bottle giving a few hours of respite. Luckily, that's now eased considerably, and last night I got the most sleep I've had for over a week.

I stupidly went straight back to work last Monday. I initially felt OK, but by the end of the day I was exhausted. Tuesday I did less than half a day, and then I gradually built up to about 80% by Friday. This week I'm back to normal hours, so fingers crossed I get on alright. I survived today!