The last 24 hours

RogerDuke

6 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

Anybody ever have trouble getting a song out of their head? I never used to have that problem. I wonder if it is a symptom of getting older or something. It wouldn't be so bad if it was a song that I liked. I don't dislike it but now that it's been in my head 3 days I'm starting to. "Heads California, tails Carolina".

I get earworms all the time. I can often get rid of them by listening to the whole song, but that can be a problem when it's a song I don't know from the radio or a commercial. Sometimes I wake up with a song in my head, and I can't remember why I'm humming it as I get ready for work. Then there are the random things that put songs into your head. Recently at work I came across a folder labeled "Incidents & Accidents" - I immediately started humming Paul Simon's 'You Can Call Me Al'!

The worst earworms are songs you don't even like that you hear in store's. 

Well we bought a new TV over the weekend. Apparently me taking the wife to Best Buy last weekend and checking out TV's got her to want to upgrade our decade old Toshiba. After a bunch or research we settled on a Sony X90J. Wow what a difference. After setting it up which was a PITA with just the picture reference manual, if your tv maker put a video on YouTube about unboxing and setup watch it, it's so much more informative than the crappy manual they put in the box. I turned on the Browns vs Patriots game and wow in just factory settings the picture quality was amazing. And channel reception with an antenna is astounding. With the old Toshiba I had to fiddle with the antenna at least once every few weeks. With the Sony I just plugged the cable in and auto tuned it and it got all 30 local OTA channels, no fussing or moving the antenna. Signal strength is about 50% on all the channels at the moment and there is no dropping or delay. With the Toshiba 50% signal meant you weren't going to watch that channel. 

The nosey busy body neighbors watched our every move over the weekend with the tv. The one about fell on her butt watching us carry it in. They need to get a :censored: life. Ever since the one neighbor persuaded the others to spy on us, they watch our every move. It gets really annoying after a while. That's one of the reasons why we got a Ring doorbell camera.  

Had our first measurable snow yesterday, 1.03 inches. One of the latest 1st snows of the season we had they said on the local news.

These millennials or gen Z's or whatever they want to be called are something else. You call them out on their BS and sometimes their only comeback is to continually make fun of you. I called one of them out for using 'Karen' as a slur and how it's offensive to all the nice, decent people named Karen and their reply was "your Mama's named Karen lol". I corrected them and got a similar reply so obviously not debating with an adult brain there. They throw fits about bullying yet they feel it's ok to bully everyone with the name Karen :roll:

Woohoo mowing season is over. My right arm and shoulder is sore. One mower was being stubborn and not wanting to start then stay running long. Think it was due to the cold 40 degrees temperature Saturday and lousy 15% ethanol gas. Think I'll run some seafoam in it next year when I do the maintenance on it.

Thoughts and prayers to those in Waukesha Wisconsin. 

2 hours ago, Spike said:

Happy Birthday :happybirthday::cheers:

Thanks, Spike. It's been a while since the two have coincided, not that we celebrate Thanksgiving over here. As mentioned above, we do now have Black Friday. So far I've just had a quiet day at home. Hopefully I'll get to see a few friends over the weekend.

2 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

Happy birthday cousin. You are a cornerstone of HazzardNet and we appreciate everything you do. 

Thanks, Roger. HazzardNet is very much a team effort by all the Hazzardites.

I hope everyone's enjoying their turkey. I probably won't get any until nearer Christmas when turkey and ham starts to appear on menus. One of the local sandwich shops usually does a turkey, ham, stuffing and cranberry mayonnaise special which I'm looking forward to.

On 11/26/2021 at 5:06 PM, HossC said:

I've haven't had time to look into this yet, but how did the new variant get called Omicron? The last one I was aware of was Delta, so what happened to variants Epsilon through Xi?

I wouldn't worry unless the next one is named Persei, that means Lrrr and his fellow Omicronians are invading Earth :lol:

Seen the new Ghostbusters movie yesterday. If you're a fan of the original Ghostbusters movies, not that horrible 2016 version, you'll love this new one. In fact you should watch the first movie before seeing the new one as it ties into that one. The ending is a bit of a tearjerker.

Got all my Christmas shopping done over the weekend. I'm glad too with all the crazy stuff going on, with the mob looting at stores and crazy drivers and absolutely rude nasty people. Caught some interesting stuff on the dashcam but the language is NSFHazzardnet :lol:. One lady almost tboned the car in a parking lot because she was in such a rush. 

I'm glad too with all the crazy stuff going on, with the mob looting at stores and crazy driver

All the more reason to live in Hazzard when and as long as you can! I try to stay in Hazzard 24/7 or as best I can! The perfect show about the most perfect place on earth!