The last 24 hours

RogerDuke

On 10/31/2021 at 12:05 AM, RogerDuke said:

My nephew had a Halloween party tonight so I put my werewolf stuff on and went over and scared some people.  I got back in time to see the last 2 innings.....Braves up 3 games to 1. One more win and the folks of Hazzard celebrate a World Series champion in North Georgia. 

I see the Astros made a heckuva comeback last night.

Just read an article about some Atlanta pastor that's says that the Braves are abandoning the black fans and that going to the games feels like a Trump rally. Someone always has to :censored: in the Cheerios when things are going good :roll: .

Heard on the local news this morning that someone nutjob was handing out candy bars with sewing needles jammed in them last night. 

Wife and I went to the Shipshewanna on the Road flea market over the weekend. Spent a lot of money lol. Couple of the woodcraft vendors there are really talented. One made 3d wood paintings, another American flag cutting boards and a family made wooden animals. I also snagged Kyle and Adam Petty hot wheels cars, it's rare to come across Adam Petty cars these days. 

Yesterday we seen two head on accidents on I75, one apparently hit one of those metal collapsing guards that block the end of concrete walls, then on the way home around a curve someone spun head-on into a concrete divider, firetruck just arrived and blocked 2 if the 4 lanes so we all scrambled to the right 2 lanes to avoid the firetruck.

I went back to the seaside yesterday, but it was very different weather to the last time. It was so windy that at times it was almost hard to stand up! The spray was whipping off the top of the waves, and then I got soaked when a big wave came over the sea wall. It was a very exhilarating walk, topped off with some very tasty fish and chips.

On 10/18/2021 at 2:41 PM, HossC said:

I don't have much sympathy - I filled up with unleaded last night at €1.67/litre. If my sums are correct, that's about $7.33/US gallon.

I don't know what it's like in the US, but our fuel seems to go in price a couple of times a week at the moment. The post I'm quoting was only two weeks ago, and yet it just cost me almost €1.72/litre to fill up - that's $7.54/US gallon at today's rates!

On 10/30/2021 at 11:12 PM, RogerDuke said:

If it's rated PG it couldn't be too bad. It's not John Goodman in a string bikini is it? 

no....it's lewd, not gross!! LOL!!

ok...I thought ( and maybe one day I WILL! ) I would wear an  old flannel shirt, an old hat, carry a pick ( or get one of those plastic look-a-like picks you see in toy stores) and get one of those sex dolls and shove her down the front of my pants and have her groin close to my face. I would be a Ghost of yesteryear,,,,The Miner 69 er!   :)  :lol:

One of my Aunt's passed away yesterday :( . She was as much a smart aleck as I was and when we got together we ribbed each other as much as possible :lol: , the only Aunt I could do that with, heck the only family member I could do that with without hurting anybody's feelings. I remember this one time we were impersonating each other and cracking jokes and Grandma/her mom yelled "you two are so terrible to each other" and we both cracked up laughing and Grandma said "I'm being serious not funny" which made us laugh even more :rofl:. Man I'm going to miss that.

Thanks Roger and Hobie. Hazzard family is the greatest family :cheers:

What a strange Black Friday sales month it is this year. Sales start and end on weird days until they go back on sale for Black Friday. This tv I was going to get had a price drop for the past 2 weeks but as of midnight price went back up for no rhyme or reason. Salesman I talked to at Best Buy yesterday when I went to see the tv in person thought the price would stay the same through Black Friday but he also said some of the sales ended on weird days like Thursday's this year. He also couldn't guarantee that price drops before Black Friday would come back for the Black Friday sale. Oh well guess a new TV wasn't in the cards this year. 

2 hours ago, Spike said:

What a strange Black Friday sales month it is this year. Sales start and end on weird days until they go back on sale for Black Friday. This tv I was going to get had a price drop for the past 2 weeks but as of midnight price went back up for no rhyme or reason. Salesman I talked to at Best Buy yesterday when I went to see the tv in person thought the price would stay the same through Black Friday but he also said some of the sales ended on weird days like Thursday's this year. He also couldn't guarantee that price drops before Black Friday would come back for the Black Friday sale. Oh well guess a new TV wasn't in the cards this year. 

There's a clothing shop over here that rotates its stock frequently. New stock often comes in at "30% off RRP" (very little is ever priced at RRP). After a few weeks it may drop to "50% off RRP". After a couple of months, any stock left gets put on "Final Clearance 70% off RRP". Because the lines aren't restocked, you have to play a guessing game and take your chance on the best to to buy!

Black Friday never used to exist over here, but it's gained traction over the past decade, mainly due to online retailers. It often seems to be a chance for shops to get rid of unpopular stock or buy in cheap electrical goods which aren't usually part of their inventory to sell at headline-grabbing prices. I rarely find anything to interest me.

8 hours ago, HossC said:

There's a clothing shop over here that rotates its stock frequently. New stock often comes in at "30% off RRP" (very little is ever priced at RRP). After a few weeks it may drop to "50% off RRP". After a couple of months, any stock left gets put on "Final Clearance 70% off RRP". Because the lines aren't restocked, you have to play a guessing game and take your chance on the best to to buy!

Black Friday never used to exist over here, but it's gained traction over the past decade, mainly due to online retailers. It often seems to be a chance for shops to get rid of unpopular stock or buy in cheap electrical goods which aren't usually part of their inventory to sell at headline-grabbing prices. I rarely find anything to interest me.

We usually buy DVD's and bluray's during black Friday sales as they are usually 50% off, in fact that's how I got all the DoH seasons.

Ok Cousins....let's keep it PC in here. You know we're ....well....you know what we are.....white....there I said it!  So we can't be saying the " B " word! It's not P.C. anymore! If you're African American, you can say the " B " word .....or hey....if you're African American,  you can say anything you want! you can even say the terrible, awful, send-you-to-Hell-if you say- it, " N " word!!  For us,   It needs to be called African American Friday! :)  

Edited by Hobie Hartkins

Yesterday was fun. "Helped"(as in I did all the work) my dad put plastic up over his windows. His helpless I can't do anything alone act is going to drive me to :beer:. God knows if I don't "help" him he tattle's to my uncle :roll:. He either acts as helpless as a newborn baby or stands there and tells me I'm doing it wrong. And let me tell ya when he starts that crap it's really hard to hold the birdie from coming out of the nest. 

When I finally got home the wife's car had a flat tire. Pumped it up to 5lbs over so I could drive it to the tire shop to drop it off so they can fix it some time today. 

Didn't get to enjoy the almost summer like weather yesterday. Today I was going to take care of some of the rust spots on my car but the wife had to take it so guess that will have to wait till next spring unless it gets above 60 degrees again before winter sets in.

Learned something new about tire pressure monitor sensors yesterday... they not only monitor tire pressure they also let the air out of your tires once they wear out. $75 :censored: dollars for what is basically a smart Schrader valve, without the stupid sensor the valve would've been just a couple bucks charge. Thank you Ford and Firestone for pushing the government to force automakers to put these in every vehicle since 2008. 

I read yesterday that by 2026 automakers will have to put in anti drunk driving technology in vehicles so your next new vehicle will most likely have a breathalyzer in it.

22 hours ago, HossC said:

:previous:

That's news to me too. Tire pressure monitor sensors were only mandated in the EU in 2014, and I'm yet to own a car that new! We also don't have to have any law mandating reversing cameras.

The backup camera I think was mandated for 2018 and newer. People are worse drivers because of it, instead of looking behind them they just look at the screen. Depending on the vehicle and camera sometimes it only shows up to 4 feet behind the vehicle. 

I like my simple 2002 Saturn. Only downside is parts are getting harder to find and more expensive.

Heard a thump at our door last night. Opened the door and found another dang package from Amazon addressed to someone else. Seen the Amazon driver in the parking lot still so I walked it over too him and told him "wrong address". 

Anybody ever have trouble getting a song out of their head? I never used to have that problem. I wonder if it is a symptom of getting older or something. It wouldn't be so bad if it was a song that I liked. I don't dislike it but now that it's been in my head 3 days I'm starting to. "Heads California, tails Carolina". 

Christmas songs are here. Maybe I'll get "All I want for Christmas is you" stuck in there. Better yet, an Elvis Christmas tune.