The last 24 hours

RogerDuke

I saw a few episodes of Miami Vice but it never did stick enough to make me a fan. I loved Stingray though. It only lasted two seasons. I think it would have made it big if it would have had better writers. Some episodes were absolutely brilliant and other seemed like they were written by a kid. Nick Mancuso was the coolest guy on TV. I think he teaches acting in Toronto now. When he was at the peak of his career he got married 20 minutes from my house and I didn't know about it until it was in our local paper. I never did get a chance to meet him. 

That reminds me of when Kansas was in my hometown, recording an album and I didn't know it until they were gone! I would've loved to meet them! ( They were recording in one of the old Civil War homes )  I think it was a place in the county, called " Meeting of the Waters",   turned into a recording studio! Most of the stuff done around here is country music though.

Edited by Hobie Hartkins

Went to the local annual Native American Pow Wow this weekend. This was the smallest one they've ever had, only 5 vendors showed up and maybe 2 dozen or so dancers. Before Covid they had between 2-3 dozen vendors and 50-100 dancers. A lot of it had to do with Covid and some with the rainfall we got last week, the grand marshal said some people didn't show because they thought it was cancelled due to flooding. That's understandable because for 15-17 years it was held at a park next to the Maumee river that flooded various times of the year. They had to move the Pow Wow to a new venue just outside of Grand Rapids Ohio a few years ago after that park was destroyed in the ice dam flood of 2018 I think, maybe it was 2019. Anyways when people got word of how much rain hit the area they thought it was cancelled so didn't show up. After the Pow Wow we went into Grand Rapids Ohio and checked out some of the shops. Some places closed while others thrived. We were hoping to get some pizza but the pizza shop was not open for some reason so we ended up picking a pizza up in nearby Waterville on the way home. 

I've heard some weird things about vaccines but what this one lady said at the Pow Wow was bat:censored: :cornfused: crazy. Apparently she believes that recent I Am Legend movie theory that vaccines are turning us into mutant's. The wife and I slowly backed away from her after she started talking crazy, didn't want to take any chances of triggering her in case she had issues of vaccinated people being near her.

Edited by Spike

1 hour ago, Spike said:

I've heard some weird things about vaccines but what this one lady said at the Pow Wow was bat:censored: :cornfused: crazy. Apparently she believes that recent I Am Legend movie theory that vaccines are turning us into mutant's. The wife and I slowly backed away from her after she started talking crazy, didn't want to take any chances of triggering her in case she had issues of vaccinated people being near her.

I know someone who's told some of her vaccinated friends that they'll be dead within three years. She's also stopped talking to her adult son after he got vaccinated!

7 hours ago, HossC said:

I know someone who's told some of her vaccinated friends that they'll be dead within three years. She's also stopped talking to her adult son after he got vaccinated!

I have predicted ( and really I need to write it down and get it notarized, so I can prove it), that several years from now, many people will develop trouble with their__________, due to the vaccines. Part of all this is teaching the Goyim to be controlled, which they are. The other part is a measure of how many are already controlled and how deeply they're controlled. They are taking a measurement, I guess you'd say.  Have you noticed some don't wear a mask and that's ok  , while others don't and aren't allowed in certain places. What's the difference? If it really meant anything, context wouldn't matter! You would NEED one everywhere .....and if you DO need one everywhere, then WHY IS IT OK FOR SOME NOT TO BE UNMASKED??? I'm good at detecting B.S. If it weren't for my PHD in BS, I couldn't have gotten my college degree !!  I've seen some of the mindless minions wearing masks riding around ALL BY THEMSELVES in cars! Ha! Ha!!  :)  WHO are they protecting? Themselves??? From whom?? ( Maybe protecting themselves from the invisible man?)

Edited by Hobie Hartkins

Hey Spike, it sounds like they overdid on the rain dance. I have to admit it, I am a little nervous about mRNA technology since it has never been marketed before now. I am also concerned about the movie "I am Legend".....although the zombie part is over the realistic possibility top). I don't criticize anybody who gets the vaccine though. It is a tough choice since it was not tested in the time that is normally required. I had covid so I haven't got the vaccine. Very few people are getting covid twice. I'll trust my natural immunity until reinfections become more common.  Then I'll probably take the jab. There are a lot of medical professionals who are refusing the vaccine so that concerns me too. It looks like 70,000 of them could get fired in NY state. (I think I got that number right). Why in the world are so many medical people against it and why does the media silence their voice so much? 

This lady wasn't just going off on the Covid vaccine either. She was ranting on all the vaccines/immunizations, "Every parent that gets their kids vaccinated is turning them into mutant's". :rofl:I told the wife if I become a mutant turtle I hope I'm Michelangelo :lol:

My animal magnetism struck again. One of the stray cats around here got pregnant again had 3 kittens but the one was sick. God knows why but for some reason she chose our patio to leave it. She and the other two kittens hung out till we realized they were there. Next door neighbor said they've been hanging out in our patio all weekend but since we've been on the go all weekend we didn't know till yesterday. I managed to grab the sick one and get it into a carrier and my cousin setup a meet with one of her pet foster friends so we handed it off to them last night. I was telling the wife last night 'how the heck did it know to bring the kitten to our patio out of all the apartments here.' I hope the little booger survives and has a long healthy life.

8 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

Poor Spike....more cats. Our puppy has gotten pretty good at scaring deer away. She sits on the window sill and barks when they come in for apples. It's so funny to see a 200 lb buck run for his life when a 15 lb puppy barks. 

I assume the deer have more predators to fear around your area. Deer around here aren't really skittish except for loud bangs since the only predators around here are coyotes. 

When my wife got home from work yesterday I was showing her something we need to get fixed on the one car and one of the stray cats that I call Buddy walked by, I said Hi Buddy and he meowed back and kept walking. My wife was like "wait a minute did that dang cat just say hi to you" :rofl:. I said that's Buddy he's cool. I might just have to take him with us if he's still alive when we move. 

11 hours ago, Spike said:

Heads up about the latest Windows update it may take your PC or laptop a long time. My wife's laptop was stuck on the Wait just a moment screen for about an hour and a half now it's stuck on the Getting Windows Ready screen. Good luck.

The update took over 3 hours. I stayed up late to see it through so I could turn the laptop off. Gonna need some caffeine to get through today lol.

1 hour ago, Spike said:

The update took over 3 hours. I stayed up late to see it through so I could turn the laptop off. Gonna need some caffeine to get through today lol.

Mine might be pending (I paused it for 7 days). I'll wait until the weekend. The last big update screwed up some of my programs on the start menu.

I see that Windows 11 is starting to get mentioned - I still vividly remember the bullying approach to upgrading that they took last time! I generally feel that it's best to leave your computer on the OS it was designed to run.

The Dollar Tree is now the $1.50 store. It sounds like there is going to be more shortages of stuff. ABC Nightly News had Mark Zandi of Moody's Analytical on. He's a heavy hitter in economics and  I trust him. He is advising buying Christmas presents now. The Delta  variant was so bad in Asia and the factories were shut down for so long, shortages of just about everything are coming. 

Edited by RogerDuke

2 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

The Dollar Tree is now the $1.50 store.

It's nothing new here. The UK has a chain called Poundland where (nearly) everything is £1. Over here the chain is called Dealz, and most things are €1.50, despite the exchange rate being nothing like that bad.

2 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

It sounds like there is going to be more shortages of stuff. ABC Nightly News had Mark Zandi of Moody's Analytical on. He's a heavy hitter in economics and I trust him. He is advising buying Christmas presents now. The Delta variant was so bad in Asia and the factories were shut down for so long, shortages of just about everything are coming. 

Hopefully the shortages will be restricted to things we want rather than thing we need. I'm not sure how many of my Christmas necessities are made in Asian factories.

5 hours ago, HossC said:

Hopefully the shortages will be restricted to things we want rather than thing we need. I'm not sure how many of my Christmas necessities are made in Asian factories.

Unfortunately Hoss it's not. People here are hoard buying food and paper goods again while others are buying up toys that are expected to be a hot thing this Christmas already to resell before Christmas. Some stores have already put a limit of 1 or 2 items per person per day. 

Caught the last kitten this morning and dropped them off to a local rescue shelter. 

8 hours ago, Spike said:

Unfortunately Hoss it's not. People here are hoard buying food and paper goods again while others are buying up toys that are expected to be a hot thing this Christmas already to resell before Christmas. Some stores have already put a limit of 1 or 2 items per person per day.

It's that's silly situation where hoarders and panic buyers screw things up for everyone. If no one told them there was going to be a shortage, there probably wouldn't be one!

It's happening with fuel in the UK at the moment. People are queuing for hours and gas stations are running dry because they heard that there aren't enough tanker drivers to deliver the fuel. From Monday, the army are going to help out with deliveries. Luckily, we don't seem to be having the same issues here.

3 hours ago, HossC said:

It's that's silly situation where hoarders and panic buyers screw things up for everyone. If no one told them there was going to be a shortage, there probably wouldn't be one!

It's happening with fuel in the UK at the moment. People are queuing for hours and gas stations are running dry because they heard that there aren't enough tanker drivers to deliver the fuel. From Monday, the army are going to help out with deliveries. Luckily, we don't seem to be having the same issues here.

I think it's all planned! It's a scheme by the big boys to make more money! Remember the old saying, " It's all about the money!"

19 hours ago, HossC said:

Is the UK going through what the US is? The government is paying people so much to stay home that nobody wants to work so jobs aren't getting filled and businesses are struggling, or even closing. 

Dirt track racing is over. Yesterday was the last race at our local track. Still have a couple dirt bike races to go though. A chill has been in the air at night, that's for sure. The last two nights we have had a campfire going outside. There's nothing sweeter smelling than campfire smoke.

4 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

Is the UK going through what the US is? The government is paying people so much to stay home that nobody wants to work so jobs aren't getting filled and businesses are struggling, or even closing.

That's certainly happening to some extent here and in the UK. I don't know how much people are getting in the UK, but higher earners here have been getting €350/week (roughly $405) if they're unable to work. That compares to just over €200/week ($230) if they were merely unemployed. The authorities are finally looking into the payments, and have found that quite a few recipients weren't eligible to receive them for various reasons.

The situation in the UK is, despite what the government says, complicated by Brexit. Many mainly European workers have left the country, leaving gaps in the employment market. European truck drivers are now being offered extended visas by the UK. As you can imagine, after the UK pulled out of Europe, the EU isn't exactly rushing to help.

Is the UK going through what the US is? The government is paying people so much to stay home that nobody wants to work so jobs aren't getting filled and businesses are struggling, or even closing. 

European workers have left the country, leaving gaps in the employment market. European truck drivers are now being offered extended visas by the UK. As you can imagine, after the UK pulled out of Europe, the EU isn't exactly rushing to help.

The stage is being set for our " Friends" in the 3rd world ( especially Mexico) to come get themselves a good job! Hey!  says the Big Boys in government and industry, We gotta have workers and they'll work for us! If you have a problem with losing your heritage, identity, country  and quality of life, you're just a low life racist!

On 10/2/2021 at 7:57 AM, Hobie Hartkins said:

I think it's all planned! It's a scheme by the big boys to make more money! Remember the old saying, " It's all about the money!"

On 10/2/2021 at 4:54 AM, HossC said:

If people wouldn't have posted pics of empty shelves in their local store on FB or Twitter or Instagram or etc... which could have been due to a product shortage or the store just not getting the delivery yet, the panic sheep wouldn't have went into buy everything of that product in sight mode. Pasta is now the must buy item, local shelves were empty of all the cheap spaghetti, was plenty of the $3-4 a pound spaghetti and pasta though lol. 

13 hours ago, Hobie Hartkins said:

On 10/3/2021 at 4:34 AM, HossC said:

That's certainly happening to some extent here and in the UK. I don't know how much people are getting in the UK, but higher earners here have been getting €350/week (roughly $405) if they're unable to work. That compares to just over €200/week ($230) if they were merely unemployed. The authorities are finally looking into the payments, and have found that quite a few recipients weren't eligible to receive them for various reasons.

Here in the states people were getting up to $600 extra a week in unemployment, think that only lasted 6 months then it was lowered to $300 extra a week. Of course individual states could decide when to end the benefits which a lot of states did over the summer. 

We had the same problem here with people either taking a 2nd job for a week and quitting to get the unemployment benefits while they still worked or applying in someone else's name. You would have thought that a big red flag for some states would have been when the scammers wanted the check or debit card sent to another state especially ones several hundred miles away. I'm glad the feds and states are going after them and trying to get the maximum penalty. 

And speaking of hoarders my dad might have finally seen the light, of course it took his brother telling him he's a hoarder. Apparently my uncle stopped by and noticed something up against the window in the 3rd bedroom of my dad's house. Of course I'm the one that gets volunteered to do all the work again. Took me over 3 :censored: hours to make a 2 foot wide path to get to the box leaning against the window blinds not the window. I'm getting really :censored: sick of my uncle volunteering me. I had stuff I wanted to get done last week and between the kittens and my dad and uncle none of it got done.

Edited by Spike