The last 24 hours

RogerDuke

Hit the junkyard today to get the steering wheel off my old car, which turned out to be easier than expected. Was also hoping to get a better trunk for the Saturn but the lock mechanism was broke on the car I was going to get it off of. 

Turns out I didn't need to sell my car to the junkyard after all. After getting grief from my dad and uncle about how my car was keeping him from getting the trees cut down. Turns out my dad thought of another excuse to not get them cut down since he couldn't use my car being in the way anymore. Just pisses me off :mad: :censored::censored::censored: All he ever does anymore is come up with excuses not to get stuff done. Whatever, if another branch falls off that tree and hits the neighbors house she already said she'll take him to court and I hope she does.

Hope y'all have a good Labor day weekend :cheers:

My dad and uncle tried to do some Three Stooges plumbing repairs over the weekend and now my dad doesn't have hot water :lol:. I told my dad you should have just called a plumber in the first place since you know the house was not brought up to code when you bought it in the late 90's. Now it's going to cost him more because the plumber has to fix their screw ups along with the original problem. You'd think my dad would learn from his penny pinching mistakes but no he just makes more over and over again. Of course it doesn't help when his brothers enable him instead of saying "No hire a professional".

I'll be happy when I'm done with the prescription meds for the severe poison ivy reaction I got a few weeks ago. I go from being backed up for a day or two to not being able to leave the house the next because of several bathroom trips. To top it off the one pill gives me the foggy, head detached from your body feeling and sometimes fall asleep out of the blue so I can't drive after I take it. I don't know how some people can take that pill regularly but I guess your body build's up a tolerance for it.

Here's another file for the you've got to be joking folder... And plumbers this warning is for you... It's now offensive if you're pants are baggy and falling off your waist if you're not of a certain color. According to an article I read over the weekend it's racist and gentrification if you do :roll:. So plumber's better pull them pants up and belts tight so you won't be labeled offensive by the whiney generation.

I picked up a couple dirt bike shirts when I went to the races Saturday. I have 6 dirt bike shirts now and I wear them all the time. I think I'm going to continue to grow my collection.

It looks like motocross season is done. (not my local track but the big league on TV) Neither of my favorites won the 250 or 450 class. Better luck next year. An 18 year old won the 250 class. I have socks older than that. His name is Jett Lawrence and he is from Australia. He appears to be the future of dirt bike racing. Time will tell. 

Had another one of those crazy storms last night. Another 2+ inches of rain in 45 minutes. Once again the parking lot flooded, worse this time. Luckily the water didn't reach our cars but I bet a few people will have to dry their vehicle interior's out as the water reached the doors of some cars in the lower parts of the lot. Lightning was crazy too, multiple strikes in the same spots.

While moving some flower pots around before the storm I noticed a hummingbird moth visiting my prairie sunflowers. Guess that means I have a healthy garden for native pollinators :)

Edited by Spike

We got a lot of rain the past 24 hours too. We usually plant pumpkins and never keep up on watering but didn't have to this year. We always used our smaller pumpkins for decorations and bought bigger ones for jack-o- lanterns but this year we're not going to have to buy any. I think I'm going to wait for the Great Pumpkin this year. I keep getting yelled at for being too old to trick or treat so maybe I'll just pull a Linus this year. If my wife visits me I hope she doesn't slug me if I try to hold her hand.

Good luck on the MRI Roger.

I'm sick and tired of dealing with family drama this year so it looks like it's just going to be me and the wife celebrating the holidays together and skipping any family get together's if there even is any. What sealed that was my M-I-L accusing me of kicking her dog the yesterday while she was talking to the wife on the phone. Only thing I ever did to the dog was smack it with a newspaper when it nipped at me when I was playing fetch with it one time years ago. For god sakes I only seen the in laws 3 maybe 4 times in the past 2 years due to COVID-19 so I don't know how the heck that happened in that time period. Maybe it's time she had a doctor take a hard look at all the meds she's been prescribed to see which one(s) is causing her to see stuff that's not there or not happening. 

My mom is on a ton of medications and they can definitely have side effects in certain combinations. The thing is....there are so many different meds and so many combinations of them, doctors don't even know what can happen. They do know that some meds aren't compatible with others but when you are on a dozen of them it can be confusing. My wife's uncle (RIP) was a happy guy but as his health failed he got on one med after another and eventually had 16. He needed heart surgery and had to drop all his meds for a period of time before his surgery. For awhile there he was back to his fun loving old self. 

10 minutes ago, RogerDuke said:

My mom is on a ton of medications and they can definitely have side effects in certain combinations. The thing is....there are so many different meds and so many combinations of them, doctors don't even know what can happen. They do know that some meds aren't compatible with others but when you are on a dozen of them it can be confusing. My wife's uncle (RIP) was a happy guy but as his health failed he got on one med after another and eventually had 16. He needed heart surgery and had to drop all his meds for a period of time before his surgery. For awhile there he was back to his fun loving old self. 

I can sympathize with your uncle Rip.....I take 1.High blood pressure med. 2. cholesterol med 3. Gout med 4. stomach med ( Omeprazole) 5. allergy med  ....I'm forgetting a few....there's 2-3 more! It sucks, so my heart goes for anybody on meds!

I couldn't tell you how many meds she's on, you name it she's probably got a pill for it. I remember this one time we had to take my brother in law to the ER after he had outpatient surgery. He brought a Tupperware full of prescriptions and the ER Doctor asked him which ones were his and he responded all of them and the Doctor said "Seriously??? How are you still alive and coherent". Then he looked through the prescriptions and told him "you need to have a serious discussion with your family doctor about all these. Nobody should be taking this many pills". 

16 hours ago, Hobie Hartkins said:

In-laws can be a great stress to ANY marriage! ( Better stay in  Hazzard!)

I had a bit of nostalgia for Miami Vice so I popped in a season of that to watch while eating breakfast in the mornings.

12 hours ago, Hobie Hartkins said:

That was one show I heard all about but never watched,,,,

It's definitely an '80's show. The writing and story telling for most episodes is weak. The plots and violence is blown way out of proportion to reality. The cars are awesome and the visual style the show was shot in is so different than anything else at the time and still holds up well today in my opinion. I was never allowed to watch it when it originally aired like I'm sure most kids weren't allowed to either. I'd say watch the pilot episode, it has some funny moments in it and the car chase scenes are great. There's also an episode in season 3 I think that has a car chase with an IMSA GTP car that's another must watch for the car chase alone. 

As of 5am this morning we set a new record for rainfall in a 3 day period 4 3/4 inches, most of the rain was yesterday. On the local news this morning they showed some flood damage and some tree's have toppled over because of the saturated ground. 

1 hour ago, Spike said:

It's definitely an '80's show. The writing and story telling for most episodes is weak. The plots and violence is blown way out of proportion to reality. The cars are awesome and the visual style the show was shot in is so different than anything else at the time and still holds up well today in my opinion.

I watched quite a few episodes back in the '80s, but haven't got around to revisiting it yet. It was definitely groundbreaking in terms of style and use of color. The night scene with the black (fake) Ferrari backed by 'In The Air Tonight' by Phil Collins is probably a stand-out memory.