The last 24 hours

RogerDuke

On 8/9/2021 at 2:56 PM, HossC said:

There's a sword connection with the castle we visited last week (the one with the cannonball in the wall). It was one of the filming locations for the 1981 movie 'Excalibur'. Despite the story taking place in ancient England, all the filming appears to have taken place in Ireland. In the park next door there's a sword embedded in a stone for visitors to try and remove!

Speaking of ancient England, did you see my post a few days ago where I mentioned England's name...edit.....I just reposted it here...

Edited by RogerDuke

On 8/3/2021 at 11:49 PM, RogerDuke said:

That is interesting Hoss. Erie County also has a university named Edinboro University and their team name is the Fighting Scots. They host a Scottish Festival there every year. Erie County also has a town named Albion. Isn't that what England used to be named?

Here it is Hoss

Storms that rolled through yesterday took down some branches at my dad's narrowly missing the neighbor's house again. Neighbor called me yesterday at 6am :censored: about it to which I replied why call me it's not my house. The one branch landed on her patio table but not shattering it however it did knock over the chairs. My dad's garage bore the full brunt of the branches and I hope it's not leaking as my miter saw and vintage B&D Workmate table it's attached to is in there along with some my wife's grandmother's stuff she got after she passed away is stored in there. Guess my uncle is going to get the trees taken down :lol: even though it's my dad's house and property lol. Whatever, my uncle wants to keep enabling him even though he can be a responsible adult then he can have the fun cuz I'm sick of dealing with this :censored:.

After those storms were done with you  they came over here to Lake Erie Pennsylvania Spike. We had storms but not real bad. I took my grandson to see Jungle Cruise tonight. He's heading off to college in Akron Ohio on Saturday. The movie was pretty boring in the first half but when it picked up, it really picked up. It turned out being pretty good with some excellent surprise plot twists. 

4 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

I was watching a  little pre season NFL tonight. It was the Bills vs the Lions. I noticed "SKIPPER" on the back of one of the Lions jerseys. He was an offensive lineman. I looked him up The dude is 6'10" tall and 320 lbs of solid muscle. How come you never told us you were playing football Skipper? 

Cousin Roger refer to Season 3 The Hunter Jonathan Kincaid episode. The scene where he questions all the castaways and takes notes on who will give him the best run for his money on the hunt of them. Skipper reveals to Kincaid "I played football on the high school line." "Oh. What position?" "No position. I was the line." ;)

Well looks like my dad's garage will need to be demolished. With all the weight of the branches or the force that they hit it with the garage has a lean to the right to it now. The roof has holes in it now as well so until the branches get removed the stuff we have stored in there could get ruined since we can't open the big door to get stuff out. To top it off it looks like he won't make an insurance claim "because my deductible is to high" so if our stuff is already ruined we're SOL. If that's the case I'll let my wife release all her pent up rage.

On 8/14/2021 at 8:14 PM, RogerDuke said:

Let me know when your wife is going to release all her pent up rage. I want to be out of town.  I wish I could get out of town on the days my wife releases hers. (thankfully we are both mellowing out as we get older and it doesn't happen as often as it used to)

I get the feeling it's going to be like those Jenny Kaboom cartoons from the Animaniacs cartoon show from the 90's. She was already riled up from the crap he's been pulling the past few weeks with him coming up with every excuse not to drive. 

Yesterday we went over there to grab some mementos from the cars before they get hauled off to the junkyard. I grabbed all the badges off of them and an interior piece from the dash of the Monte Carlo. My dad came out 'Did you find the title yet?' My wife said 'Really? You going to start already. No hello how are you. Just where's the title.' My dad went back into the house lol. She's a fireball :lol:

Your dad reminds me of my dad. We just got done watching our youngest grandson while the older ones were at Cedar Point amusement park for a couple days. It's always nice to just have one because we always get to make him feel special. You can do that when other kids are around but it just works better with one. 

18 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

Your dad reminds me of my dad. We just got done watching our youngest grandson while the older ones were at Cedar Point amusement park for a couple days. It's always nice to just have one because we always get to make him feel special. You can do that when other kids are around but it just works better with one. 

That's crazy what happened with the one coaster at Cedar Point. They're covering their butts too, local news media has been trying to get more info but everyone except witnesses are using the 'No Comment' line. Funny how the piece of debris mysteriously disappeared in all the chaos too. 

There was more family drama last night. I told the wife if she wants out of all the drama I won't fight her in a separation, i told her one of us should be able to escape and have a happier life.

Funny yesterday was a pretty good day; seen an Indigo Bunting at the park, made my peace with having to get rid of my project cars, then my uncle calls and well so much for a good day. Seems my dad failed to mention he was the one that parked the one car behind the garage or that all the bicycles on the side of the garage are ones he brought home or that most of the crap in the garage is his but I guess I'm the fn hoarder so whatever...I just don't care anymore.

Hobie did all that rain in Tennessee affect you? Man 17 inches of rain in 24hrs has to be a new record for anywhere in America.

Friday we finally figured out what was rattling in the wife's car, turned out the rear shocks were the cause. That noise has been puzzling us and the mechanics for the past few months. I though it might have been a loose exhaust pipe. One mechanic thought it was the bushings. I was able to pinpoint the sound was coming from the left rear while driving around our apartment parking lot. One mechanic went with the wife for a drive and he climbed half into the trunk to pinpoint the source and felt a lot of vibration in the LR shock tower. He put it on the lift and checked the bushings and they seemed fine so he ordered a set of shocks and thank God that was the problem. Now the car is quiet again and we can drive it without worrying if anything is going to fall off and leave her stranded somewhere.

I hope Hobie is okay.  I heard Loretta Lynn is pretty upset because her long- time ranch foreman was killed in the floods. Last I heard 24 died and 30 were still missing.  We just had a 2 year old girl drown the next county over. When she came up missing dogs followed her scent into a river. They found her body a mile downstream. I got a ton of yard work done today...pretty hot out. 

Edited by RogerDuke

9 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

I got a ton of yard work done today...pretty hot out. 

We're supposed to have feels like temps in the 100's today. Not looking forward to getting on my dad's garage roof to patch the hole this afternoon caused by the tree branches a few weeks ago. Will be fun since he buried the 16' ladder in there and I can only get too the 8'A ladder. After that the only thing left on the list of my uncle's demands is cleaning my dad's garage out. Only things going back in there is what belongs in there, everything else is either getting sold, trashed or scrapped and if my dad has a problem with that he can bleep to his brother about it. Wife's checking out storage units today for the stuff we have in there. 

Hobie if you're in that flooding mess, thoughts and prayers to ya.

Still no word from Hobie? Come on cousin. You're starting to worry us. Last I heard on the news 24 dead and 30 missing. 

I know what you mean about the heat Spike. I'm glad I don't have roof work. I mowed today.....with a push mower. We have a big yard but I've never owned a riding mower. We also have a 150 driveway and I've never owned a snowblower....keeps me in shape. 

48 minutes ago, RogerDuke said:

I know what you mean about the heat Spike. I'm glad I don't have roof work. I mowed today.....with a push mower. We have a big yard but I've never owned a riding mower. We also have a 150 driveway and I've never owned a snowblower....keeps me in shape. 

It was ok getting up there, coming down not so easy, thank god I used to do Yoga everyday which made it easier to balance myself on a not so stable ladder. 

Biggest yard I ever mowed with a push mower was 3/4 acre, had to stop to refuel the mower up to finish the yard, Lady paid me $40 to do it so not bad for about 2hrs work. She ended up selling the house 2 months after hiring me to mow and the new owners were going to have their kids mow so it was nice while it lasted. You know Roger if you get yourself a goat or two and they could take care of the mowing for ya as long as you can keep them from eating everything else in sight. 

On 8/23/2021 at 7:27 AM, Spike said:

Hobie did all that rain in Tennessee affect you? Man 17 inches of rain in 24hrs has to be a new record for anywhere in America.

Friday we finally figured out what was rattling in the wife's car, turned out the rear shocks were the cause. That noise has been puzzling us and the mechanics for the past few months. I though it might have been a loose exhaust pipe. One mechanic thought it was the bushings. I was able to pinpoint the sound was coming from the left rear while driving around our apartment parking lot. One mechanic went with the wife for a drive and he climbed half into the trunk to pinpoint the source and felt a lot of vibration in the LR shock tower. He put it on the lift and checked the bushings and they seemed fine so he ordered a set of shocks and thank God that was the problem. Now the car is quiet again and we can drive it without worrying if anything is going to fall off and leave her stranded somewhere.

No the rain didn't get me but it was close. I'm about 70m east of Nashville and that's ( Waverly in Humphreys county)  about  75 miles west of Nashville.

3 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

I just looked it up. Sparta and Waverly (where the worst flooding was) are 130 miles away. Hopefully that means Hobie is ok

oh yes...I crawled into the back of the car lot with a jug of my finest and acted like REO Speedwagon......I rode the storm out!  :)  .

Edited by Hobie Hartkins