The last 24 hours

RogerDuke

We got our puppy today. It's a little shih-tzu. My wife had one when I met her and then we got 2 around the year 2000. I didn't even know what they were when I met my wife but now I love them. I start my volunteer job tomorrow as the P A announcer for local high school baseball team. I should practice. "Now up for the Moonshiners...center fielder....number 01...Hooobieee Harrrtkkiinnssssss!" How did that sound?

Picked up my new toy yesterday https://www.woodcraft.com/products/14a-plunge-and-fixed-base-router-skil looking forward to playing with it when the weather stays nice. Ordered it 3 weeks ago and had to wait for it to come in.

Done being a mediator :banana: The neighbor and my dad finally came to an agreement, now hopefully my dad will keep his end up so I don't have to get involved anymore.

47 minutes ago, Spike said:

Picked up my new toy yesterday https://www.woodcraft.com/products/14a-plunge-and-fixed-base-router-skil looking forward to playing with it when the weather stays nice. Ordered it 3 weeks ago and had to wait for it to come in.

I've used something similar. What I'd really like is a router table so that I could make my own mouldings.

I'm probably going to be taking a few days off. I just need an internet break. I'm starting to feel old lately. The world is changing so much, The things that mattered to me are fading into the past and being eaten away by the politics of change. I just feel like everything around me is under attack. Don't worry about me. I just need a break from everything. I'll be back in a few days. 

2 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

I'm probably going to be taking a few days off. I just need an internet break. I'm starting to feel old lately. The world is changing so much, The things that mattered to me are fading into the past and being eaten away by the politics of change. I just feel like everything around me is under attack. Don't worry about me. I just need a break from everything. I'll be back in a few days. 

That's a good thing to do once in a while. It also gives your eyes a break too, the blue light screens emanate are not good for the eyes long term.

While walking one of the trails at a nearby park we came across a pair of Eastern Hog-nosed Snakes. The female was about 3 foot long and about two inches in diameter and was a dark gray almost black pattern. The male about 1 3/4 foot long, yellow tan with black splotches pattern. The female was very irritated that we stopped to check them out lol. I used the Seek app to identify them as we've only ever seen garter snakes at this park.

On 4/11/2021 at 4:50 AM, RogerDuke said:

I'm pretty well feeling the same way! You think it could be our age?

Edited by Hobie Hartkins

It's really unfortunate for small businesses that so many millennials are too lazy to shop local and instead just get it from Amazon because "it's easier". Wouldn't surprise me within the next 20 years the only stores left will be Amazon, Walmart, Krogers and one of the big 3 of the home improvement stores. 

I guess my dad is not going to take responsibility and pay the neighbor now, I don't :censored: care anymore. If she takes him to small claims court then so be it, he only has himself to blame. She only wants $400 of the cost of the removal of the arborvitae bushes, not the entire bill covered which was over $1k. I told him take the $400 out if the stimulus money he got and be done with it instead of being a stubborn jack:censored:.

23 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

I'm feeling better now. It definitely feels good to unplug occasionally in these crazy times.

21 hours ago, Hobie Hartkins said:

glad you're back!

I must've had a busy week, Roger,  because you were almost back before I realized you'd gone. As Dan Hicks once said, "How can I miss you when you won't go away?" ;) Of course, in reality, I agree with Hobie's comment.

The Simpsons "woke" episodes this year are really getting horrible. They could have at least got voice actors that sounded similar to what the previous voice actor did. The guy they got doing Dr. Hibbert now actually sounded like a white guy trying to sound like a black guy in last night's episode. Harry Shearer who voiced the character since the beginning actually sounded more black. Kevin Michael Richardson is a gifted voice actor and I know could have done better so I blame whoever was directing him in the studio. The guy they got doing Carl sounds so similar to the original that you wouldn't know that they hired a new guy. 

Too bad Bless the Harts got cancelled as that show is funny though probably a bit too "Southern" for Disney's taste so that's probably why it got cancelled once they got control of Fox tv shows. 

Television has definitely gone insane. TV used to be dominated by white people and then everything evened out in it's proper place. But then the momentum went too far and now a dispropotional number of black people are represented. Maybe someday everybody will be truly treated equal but the politically correct pendulum hasn't stopped swinging yet. I can see liberals someday trying to make shows like Mayberry illegal because they didn't have the required number of minorities in our modern standards. They will simply label them "hate speech". I know it sounds like an extreme prediction but I'll be surprised if it doesn't happen. 

That's why I'm glad MeTV doesn't cave in to the pressure. They have shown some cartoons that have "offensive" jokes in them or cartoons that are deemed offensive by the "woke" crowd, and they air them without the disclaimer before them. 

We got 5 inches of snow from the storm yesterday and overnight. Set new records for Spring and April snowfalls. I was out in it last night cutting up part of an Apple tree that fell in a friend's driveway due to the weight of the wet snow. Wish I had one of the cordless reciprocating saw or limb saws I've been checking out online lately. Would've come in handy but all I had was the 7" pruning saw I bought Saturday morning. At least apple wood is soft so I had no trouble cutting through it. 

2 hours ago, Spike said:

That's why I'm glad MeTV doesn't cave in to the pressure. They have shown some cartoons that have "offensive" jokes in them or cartoons that are deemed offensive by the "woke" crowd, and they air them without the disclaimer before them.

Now that The Simpsons have stopped white actors voicing non-white characters, they've now managed to offend Morrissey!

On 4/19/2021 at 9:46 PM, RogerDuke said:

Television has definitely gone insane. TV used to be dominated by white people and then everything evened out in it's proper place. But then the momentum went too far and now a dispropotional number of black people are represented. Maybe someday everybody will be truly treated equal but the politically correct pendulum hasn't stopped swinging yet. I can see liberals someday trying to make shows like Mayberry illegal because they didn't have the required number of minorities in our modern standards. They will simply label them "hate speech". I know it sounds like an extreme prediction but I'll be surprised if it doesn't happen. 

You're exactly right! The pendulum won't swing back though, because the snakes that control the media, will keep pushing it further and further. After a short while, anyone not liking a show showing two homosexuals kissing, will be shunned by his " Friends" ( notice the quotes) as a bigot! See? People agains interracial stuff are already backwards, bigots etc.....NEXT STOP......Homosexuality! and then...........  ( It never ends folks....the snakes never get enough!)

We got a few inches of snow here....pretty unusual since it is starting to get so green outside. I've been having a lot of trouble sleeping lately. Anybody have any tips for me? I lay down at night and tell myself "I bet I'll have trouble sleeping tonight" and sure enough I do. It's just like when you tell a kid not to spill something you put the thought in their head and they spill it. 

You need to concentrate on relaxing. Start with your  feet and concentrate on having them get heavier and heavier and more and more relaxed, until you couldn't move them even if you wanted. Then work up to your lower legs and do the same thing and  then just keep moving up your body. Eventually you'll be working on making your head heavy and  relaxed and then......you're asleep!

My wife had rotator cuff surgery yesterday. Between that and our new puppy I have come out of retirement and taken on a new job as a caretaker. I love this job! I slept good last night. I think I was just nervous about her surgery. She's not out of the woods yet. Infection and blood clots are always a concern. This was the first surgery she's ever had. 

Hope she has a good fast recovery Roger.

Been a long week. Got called back to my part time cleaning gig. My dad also had a change of heart and paid the neighbor, of course it took a little persuading by me and my uncle.

Wife and I got our second vaccine shots Friday. I once again just got a little drowsy and just some arm soreness. Wife had similar reaction to the first dose just less severe this time. One of her coworkers got covid last week, of course they were at a family function so likely spread it to them as well. They ended up going to the ER but wasn't severe enough to get admitted. Looks like the drug cocktail they gave him is working though. 

The lady that I set the new pc up for has a tendency to click on everything. She called the other night about 10pm or so saying that a pop up said she needed to call some number to get her pc cleaned etc... She called the number and had it out with the person on the other end after they said it was going to cost $500 to do a virus scan and that hackers were stealing everything blah blah blah. I told her she shouldn't have even called the number since she has McAfee on the pc and that Microsoft wouldn't charge for a virus scan. Looks like I'll have to go over there and do a thorough check of the pc to make sure nothing is on it. Moral of this is don't click on everything you see on websites, especially ads or clickbait story's.

On 4/21/2021 at 9:16 AM, HossC said:

Now that The Simpsons have stopped white actors voicing non-white characters, they've now managed to offend Morrissey!

They went a step further now, non gay voice actors can't do the voices for gay characters now :rofl:. Might as well go even further and change all the kids voices to actual kid voice actors, I'm sure someone somewhere is offended by all the adults doing the kids voices too. Disney has officially ruined The Simpsons with all this stupid P.C. crap. 

When I heard Bruce, oops I mean Caitlyn Jenner was running for California governor as a Republican I laughed so hard my stomach hurt :rofl:. I thought there's no republican that would vote for that, at least until I chatted with this one person that votes straight republican no matter who's running and they actually said if it was running for Ohio's governor they would vote for it. I laughed so hard again that my stomach hurt. It's unfortunate that none of the late night tv comedian's won't be making jokes about it due to the current social climate as that is comedy gold.

Sorry for the long post but yeah it's been a long week...