The last 24 hours

RogerDuke

1 hour ago, Spike said:

Had the fun of upgrading the lady that married me and the wife to a  Windows 10 PC yesterday. She's had a Win XP pc for the last decade+. Fun part was trying to explain that microsoft done away with the version of Outlook she's always used. She's not a fan of the new email she has to use, to say the least lol, at least I was able to transfer her email address book to the new email to make the transition easier. Will be teaching her some more about the new pc today. 

I can recommend Classic Shell if she doesn't like the Windows 10 start menu.

16 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

I see I just got post number 12,000. It's too bad none of them made any sense. I guess you could say the quantity is there but not the quality. 

Congratulations, Roger, I missed that landmark. I managed to pass the post count of the recently mentioned DaisyMaeDuke last week, but I'm still nearly 1,000 behind BoJamesDuke and l don't even have half of your score!

9 hours ago, HossC said:

Congratulations, Roger, I missed that landmark. I managed to pass the post count of the recently mentioned DaisyMaeDuke last week, but I'm still nearly 1,000 behind BoJamesDuke and l don't even have half of your score!

I used to pay attention but I honestly don't much anymore. Julie had 24,000 in a pretty short time but that truly was a case of focusing on nothing but quantity. 

Has anybody ever heard that saying after April Fool's day, when someone plays a trick on you and then says, " April Fools!", then the person tricked says, " April fools done passed...you're the biggest fool that will ever last!"  I just remembered this from childhood! :)  

Edited by Hobie Hartkins

I used to hear that saying all the time Hobie but not anymore. In fact, April Fool's Day is not a big deal anymore it seems, even with kids. When I was a kid it was practically a national holiday.....or at least a local holiday since it was big around here at least. I can't speak for other places. 

28 minutes ago, RogerDuke said:

I used to hear that saying all the time Hobie but not anymore. In fact, April Fool's Day is not a big deal anymore it seems, even with kids. When I was a kid it was practically a national holiday.....or at least a local holiday since it was big around here at least. I can't speak for other places. 

+1 !! Same here! My mother had told me that when I was little  but I never heard it from anyone else!

Mother nature sure played an April Fool's day prank on some of us. Only got a dusting of snow but still it's supposed to be Spring lol.

With everyone being so overly sensitive these days it's not surprising April Fool's day isn't as popular.

Y'all have a happy Easter.

11 hours ago, Spike said:

With everyone being so overly sensitive these days it's not surprising April Fool's day isn't as popular.

I guess I'm getting sensitive too. Baseball just waded waste deep into politics too now that they are moving the All-Star game from Atlanta because they don't agree with Georgia politicians. I will not be watching a single pitch this year. Professional sports never boycotts liberal politicians. This is sickening and getting worse. It's even ruining America's past time. Our country is sinking into the abyss fast. 

When the alarm went off this morning I turned the TV on to wake up and Pawn Stars happened to be on whatever channel we fell asleep too. A guy was looking to sell his Dukes of Hazzard collection. He probably had everything that was ever made for the tv series, toys, games, action figures, cars, lunch boxes, etc... even a calculator. They had an appraiser check it out and he said the whole collection was worth $1,500 so the pawn shop and the seller settled on $1,200. The most expensive thing in the collection was Daisy Duke's jeep, the appraiser said that is the rarest toy that was made because everyone wanted a general lee and cop car to wreck when they were kids, so he valued that toy at $800. That kind of sucked to hear as I had one when I was a kid and I was not gentle with my toy cars :lol:. When you're a kid you're not thinking this toy is going to be a collectible when you grow up, keep it nice as possible, you're thinking about recreating a jump from the show or wrestling move or battle etc...

That would have been a really cool episode to see. I've been working pretty hard at getting next year's firewood supply cut because after April 23 I'm going to be a nurse. My wife is having rotator cuff surgery on her right shoulder and she's right handed so it's a good thing I'm retired and can take care of her. It's going to be a long recovery. Also, we're getting a puppy in a week and it's going to require care and training so that will keep me busy with my wife limited. 

I just watched a 2019 episode of Running Wild with Bear Grylls where he takes celebrities out into survival situations. This one had actor/comedian Joel McHale. At the beginning McHale jumped into the open window of a wrecker, prompting Bear to mention him being a Dukes of Hazzard fan. Joel responded by mentioning Boss Hogg.....it's always fun to hear Dukes mentioned when not expecting it.