The last 24 hours

RogerDuke

Wife and I tried signing up for the Covid vaccine since the governor opened up our age group to it today but apparently there's not enough vaccine to go around because the first available dates are at the end of the month. Krogers and Rite Aid are the only local Pharmacy's where you don't have to register for a store account just to get a vaccine. Guess we'll just wait then.

Checked out a couple more houses. One needed almost a total gut renovation. The other looked like the owner tried to cover some stuff up since they had wall texture applied to everything except the floors, even the crown molding was covered in it. Then they painted it dark gray with white ceilings though they obviously didn't use tape as some of the ceiling by the wall was gray. 

Have a great weekend everyone :) 

So one if the houses we checked out a few weeks ago came back on the market over the weekend so we called our realtor and he checked out why. Turns out it needs major foundation repair that the owners did not disclose when they put it on the market originally. We figured something was wrong with it when we toured it because when we walked into the kitchen from the living room the floor tilted enough to throw your balance off. The inspector for whoever put an offer in also noted the living room foundation needed repaired as well as the kitchen. The owners still think they can get close to their original asking price if they knock off $5k for foundation repair for the new owners. I think it's going to cost a bit more than $5k since at least half the house has a foundation issue. 

Sunday morning we managed to finally schedule our first vaccine doses for this week. Looking forward to it. 

I saw my mother-in-law today in the nursing home. I hadn't seen her in a year because of the restrictions. Dementia is one of the most cruel things imaginable.

Good idea to avoid the house with foundation problems Spike. They usually end up being harder to fix than expected and other problems almost always pop up that are foundation related.

5 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

I saw my mother-in-law today in the nursing home. I hadn't seen her in a year because of the restrictions. Dementia is one of the most cruel things imaginable.

Yes it is Roger. I had to play along when my grandma called me thinking I was my uncle one time, one of the saddest conversations I ever had. She had her good days and bad days. I feel for my aunt who decided to take care of her instead of putting her in a nursing home. Eventually she had to go to one though. 

Just got back from Virginia visiting our daughter and grandsons. She surprised me with an early birthday present....Jon Holland's book Moonrunner's Tale....from grit to gold: How the Dukes was born. 

I always loved the Georgia episodes and now I will get to learn a lot about how things unfolded before the show even began. This is going to be fun. 

Got our Covid vaccine shots Friday. We were given the Moderna one. Just a sore arm is the only side effect we had though I was a bit drowsy afterwards and Friday night was the best night's sleep I've had in a few weeks. Cat kept bugging me Saturday morning to get up and feed her lol, she finally got me up about 7am. I'm usually up at 5am every morning.

I wonder how many other comics are going to apologize for past jokes. I read over the weekend Jay Leno apologized for making jokes about the way asians drive. Sarah Silverman apologized for something or other a few weeks ago. When will they make rappers apologize for using the N word or killing people or raping women in their "music". There's also a children's book being recalled for 'passive' racism, whatever that is, because supposedly it's about Cavemen Martial Artists. So we're coming close to a point in society where everything is offensive to someone but it seems like its ok if it's offensive to straight caucasian religious people./end rant

Edited by Spike

2 hours ago, Hobie Hartkins said:

Exactly! If you're white....you ain't right! ....of course....who MADE everything that this world turns on? Who made AND sustains civilization? Take the evil white man and all his "Prejudice" out, and you'll see who, within 2 generations!   ( Finish rant you started! :) ) 

I wouldn't go that far. Plenty of non-european civilizations did fine before the europeans travelled the world conquering.

I don't think I'm going to get the shot. I had covid in July so until I hear of lots of people getting it twice I'm going to assume I'm immune. If lthere is a rash of reinfections I'll take the needle but getting it twice hasn't been a problem yet.

Edited by RogerDuke

7 hours ago, Spike said:

Sometimes it doesn't pay to get out of bed. Toil away at thankless jobs to scrape up enough money to live on. Pay your bills on time like a responsible adult. And just when you think luck is turning your way the rug gets pulled right out from under you. 

I'm with you on that cousin! I feel your pain! Hey, if you want to pm me, I'll give you some pointers on whatever problems you're having. Hey, I know money, finances, etc. is a personal thing....so I'm just saying.....my shoulder and my ear are here..... 

Had the fun of upgrading the lady that married me and the wife to a  Windows 10 PC yesterday. She's had a Win XP pc for the last decade+. Fun part was trying to explain that microsoft done away with the version of Outlook she's always used. She's not a fan of the new email she has to use, to say the least lol, at least I was able to transfer her email address book to the new email to make the transition easier. Will be teaching her some more about the new pc today.