The last 24 hours

RogerDuke

Wow! Ben Roethlesberger just completed more passes in the history of any NFL game and the Steelers still got beat by the Browns. I guess I'm rooting for the Bills now. Next week it's Bills vs Ravens....Browns vs Chiefs....Bucs vs Saints....Packers vs Rams....one of these teams will win the Super Bowl. NHL starts Wednesday. I gave up on watching the NBA this year. 

I'm rooting for the Browns to go all the way to the Superbowl. 

Got a new set of tires over the weekend, hopefully they live up to all the great reviews they got from various sources. Will find out later this week how they will handle rain and snow.

Also stopped by one of the Family Video's that's closing and scored a few movies to fill holes in some of my collection. I now have the complete Star Wars movie series on Blu-ray from The Phantom Menace to The Rise of Skywalker. Wife added a few Disney movies to her collection. Gonna be sad to see them all close as there won't be anywhere to rent movies or tv series except Redboxes. 

Just found out we had another house bought out from under us. At least this time we got info though. Turns out a real estate company is on a buying spree outbidding prospective home buyers in the area with cash offers and then turning them into rental properties. Nice to know we're not alone in being frustrated and getting screwed out of buying a home. At least we know what we're up against now for what good that does. 

My Steelers are out so I'm rooting for the Bills. I'm predicting the Packers beat the Ravens in the Super Bowl even though that's not what I want. I went kayaking today and yesterday. It's a little dangerous when the water is this cold but I stay close to land, wear a life jacket and have never fallen in....yet. Now that I'm retired I'm getting a little more relaxed, spontaneous and more apt to do crazy things. 

And I'll take your bet and you're gonna regret cause I'm the best that's ever been. Fire in Kansas City run Browns run. Mayfield's in the Chiefs house and he ain't gonna won. Cleveland in the bread pan pickin out dough, Mahommes does the Dawg Pound bite?  no Hobie no. 

Charlie Daniels was a Titans fan by the way. 

Too bad the Browns lost, on the bright side they made it further in the post season than ever before. Now I'm rooting for the Bucs to go all the way.

We were supposed to get the 'polar vortex' over the weekend but that didn't happen. What a weird winter this is. Local meteorologists are saying we could set a record for lowest snowfall if the pattern keeps up. We're at just 6 inches total since October, in a normal season we're halfway to 3 feet by now. Maumee river and Lake Erie still hasn't frozen over. On the drought monitor were in the dry zone for now but if things don't pick up we could be worse off come spring.

Wow cancel culture hit looney tunes hard, there's not one single Speedy Gonzales cartoon on HBOMax, and only a couple of WW2 cartoons that WB made during the war. Glad I got a 2 week free trial period, I sure as hell am not paying $15 a month for this. I didn't even come across a classic Pepe Le Pew cartoon. How the heck is Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies more offensive than South Park which is also on HBOMax!?!

:previous:

The shows that get on-screen warnings for non-PC content seem pretty random too. I've mentioned that the UK channel currently showing Dukes includes a warning at the start, but I don't think they include one with CHiPs, which is from the same era. Another of their shows, an innocuous British sitcom from the late-80s/early-90s, also gets a warning (I'll have to see it again to check the message). The show is based around a man in his 50s dating someone half his age, but I can't see what content might be offensive.

I'm considered old-fashioned these days because I'm still adding to my DVD collection, but at least the choice of which shows will or won't be seen in my house rests entirely with me!

We have crossed the line from political correctness to literal insanity. I'm not being dramatic. This stuff really is insane. 

Supercross dirt bike racing started up again. I'm pretty excited. I always root for the Kawasakis since that was my first bike. Eli Tomac won the 450 category last year. I suspect it was because I was rooting for him. He had a rough first race in 2021 though. 

41 minutes ago, RogerDuke said:

I'm up late tonight watching dirt bikes racing live. It's in Houston so there's a time difference. I used to have to record these and watch them the next day. Being retired is sweet. 

you know Roger......you're just a wild man! I bet Mufn never saw this side of you! She would've thought twice about letting you stay in Hazzard! LOL! :)    

I had no idea Goodwill had an Ebay-like auction site shopgoodwill.com. And yes they have Dukes of Hazzard collectibles that people donated. Right now they have a rare playstation DoH game up for auction and Roscoe's patrol car, though that's part of a rare model kit set that is already up to $115. The one thing you got to check though is the shipping cost, if it's at a goodwill far away from you the charge is steep but if it's at a local one you can setup a pickup option. Its interesting to see some of the valuable collectible stuff people have donated to goodwill.

Our microwave bit the dust yesterday so for the first time in our combined lives we actually bought a brand new microwave today. Did a bunch of online and In person research and ended up going back and buying it at the 2nd of 6 stores we visited today. Its a GE 1.6 cu.ft which is also another first as all our previous lightly used microwaves were Sharp Carousel brand. Would have bought another Sharp but the GE one was on sale $20 cheaper.

Hope we get a few inches of snow tomorrow Instead of the freezing rain. Local forecasters still not calling which we'll get.