The last 24 hours

RogerDuke

Got an inch of unexpected snow yesterday. After dealing with all the BS and jerks last week the snow sort of got me back in the spirit of the season by covering the trees and grass and making it look all Christmas-ey. It all melted today of course though we could have more tomorrow which will probably melt Wednesday as temps will once again bounce back up to the 50's.

1 hour ago, Spike said:

Got an inch of unexpected snow yesterday. After dealing with all the BS and jerks last week the snow sort of got me back in the spirit of the season by covering the trees and grass and making it look all Christmas-ey. It all melted today of course though we could have more tomorrow which will probably melt Wednesday as temps will once again bounce back up to the 50's.

We have one more cold day too. It snowed around here but not at my house. It's pretty fun for us Steeler fans.....10-0. Big challenge on Thanksgiving day though with the Ravens. 

I stuffed myself so much on Thanksgiving, my stomach is still reeling from it today :lol:

Gonna try and get the Christmas decorations up today. Got a pack of birch branches and an outside lighted garland I'm going to wrap around them and put out the lighted porch tree and decorate our potted pine tree since it grew to about 4 and a half feet tall this year.

Looks like it's going to be last nice weekend to get outside stuff done as Monday looks like we're going to get the first big snowfall of the season. One forecaster says we could see double digit totals but I think he's blowing it out of proportion. Have a good weekend.

We're supposed to get the snow too. It's nice to be retired and not have to worry about the slippery roads, except for the worry I have with my wife and other family and friends driving in it. I see they moved the Steelers game to Tuesday now. It went from Thursday to Sunday to Tuesday. The next step will be to cancel it. I wouldn't be surprised if covid causes more problems in the NFL

Looks like you're going to get the worst of the snow Roger. Local forecasters toned down the "could be worst snow storm of the decade" to 3 maybe 4 inches if snow :lol:. I know doom and gloom gets viewers but I really wish they wouldn't predict it like that unless all the computer models agreed that it's going to be bad storm for the area.

Got all the Christmas shopping done this past weekend :banana:. Decorated our outside potted pine tree, now it looks like a Charlie Brown Christmas tree :lol:, I even had to stake it because the one ornament weighed it down lol. 

Well, we just got our first snow here in Hooterville......I was shocked! I didn't even know it was coming! We don't usually get snow this early! ( What about Global Warming??).  Anyway...I need to get back to the car lot....I got some shi....some medicinal elixir, that I need to ....to examine! ( You never waste a sip!)   :)   

Edited by Hobie Harkins

13 hours ago, Spike said:

Looks like you're going to get the worst of the snow Roger. Local forecasters toned down the "could be worst snow storm of the decade" to 3 maybe 4 inches if snow :lol:. I know doom and gloom gets viewers but I really wish they wouldn't predict it like that unless all the computer models agreed that it's going to be bad storm for the area.

Got all the Christmas shopping done this past weekend :banana:. Decorated our outside potted pine tree, now it looks like a Charlie Brown Christmas tree :lol:, I even had to stake it because the one ornament weighed it down lol. 

Congratulations on getting all that shopping done Spike. Everybody here is pretty excited to see what you got us. 

10 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

Congratulations on getting all that shopping done Spike. Everybody here is pretty excited to see what you got us. 

Uuhhhhh...digging under the seat of the General.... Looks like some of Uncle Jessie's finest but I wouldn't drink it all in one sitting.

Only about two inches of snow stuck to the grass and cars here. Gonna try and get to the park and take some pics as it will all melt tomorrow when the temps get back up to the 40s.

Scored a black and decker 20v drill yesterday at the local Ace hardware on sale for $25. Now that I have two drills it will be nice to not have to switch out bits doing projects. 

It's definitely a winter wonderland here. So far about 6 inches of the really wet and heavy variety. We lost electric for 5 hours but it's good now. Thankfully my wife doesn't work today. There was a fatal accident on a road this morning that she would have taken if she didn't have the day off....scarey thought that it could have been her. Cars were off the road all over the place this morning. 

Heard on the news this morning that some places around cleveland got almost two feet of snow. 

So apparently now it's 'white privilege' to not want to hear music blaring in the middle of the night :roll: according to an article I read last night that's trying to turn a tragedy into a race thing. Seems to me that everyone that works for a living no matter what race you are doesn't want to be woken up and kept up by loud music. So sick of everything being turned into a race thing or being "offensive". /End rant.

11 hours ago, Spike said:

Heard on the news this morning that some places around cleveland got almost two feet of snow. 

Erie Pennsylvania didn't get much because they are on the lake and the water is still relatively warm but we got a foot of "lake effect snow" 15 miles away from it. It was super heavy and slippery but a third of it melted today. 

Went junkyarding today to get a rim for the wife's car. Apparently one of the potholes around here bent one of her rims bad enough that it has a wobble in it. I figured I'd save a bit of money by going to one of the two local pick your part junkyards. But here's the catch that I didn't know about, you have to remove the tire yourself and bring your own tire irons as well or pay for the tire no matter even if the tire is bald. The local pick your part junkyards price the rims about $15-20 less than the regular junkyards but once you add the price of the tire I ended up paying $10 more than if I would have just called one of the regular junkyards Monday. So keep that in mind if you visit your local pick a part junkyard. Other than paying for a tire we'll never use it was a fun visit to the junkyard and seeing what was there. Seen a few really nice cars there that would have made a nice project for someone and probably could have made some money on since the body's were rust free. 

:lol: no. Oldest car I seen there was from the late 80's this time. Did see a few square headlight Wranglers there though.

On the subject of old cars... had to take our cat the the veterinary the other day to get a shot for her sinus infection and seen a 1976 Chevette there. Turns out it's owned by one if the vet techs, they plan on hot rodding it next year. I told her she should drop in a power train from a Pontiac Solstice or Saturn Sky, those turbo 4's can handle over 300hp on the stock internals.

12 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

I'm surprised they were running it in the winter but as long as they haven't spread salt lately I suppose they will be fine. 

As clean as it is I'm sure it stays in their garage when snow is forecasted. She was telling me they were waiting for some interior parts from Brazil, apparently Chevette's have a big following down there. 

9 hours ago, Spike said:

I must be one of the only people that actually likes colder weather and snow in Ohio. Yesterday was a nice mid 30's temperature but everyone I talked to yesterday was raving about how nice it was last Friday and Saturday with the 50 degrees and how the temps yesterday sucked lol.

I love the changing of the seasons. I can't imagine how boring it would be to live in a place with little or no seasons or constant temperatures. Every time a new season comes around I celebrate the change. I do have to admit that I like winter turning to spring as the best change of all though. The only thing I don't like about summer is mosquitos. 

That'd be my second favorite part of the year. I get excited about what I'm going to grow or what plant is going to pop out if the ground. Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas time is always going to be my favorite time of the year, a lot of good memories growing up around this time of year.

Now it looks like we could get at least a dusting of snow for Christmas day. Apparently a cold front will come in Christmas Eve and drop temps by 30+ degrees for Christmas day. 50 is forecasted for Christmas Eve and around 20 for Christmas day with chance of snow.

Supposed to get about 2 inches today from the storm that's going to blanket the northeast in snow.

This is a really unusual blizzard. Erie County is the upper left (NW) corner of the state and is on Lake Erie, which often affects the weather with "lake effect" snow. Quite often Erie County is the only county in the state that is under a snow storm alert. With this blizzard, Erie County is the only county in Pennsylvania that is NOT under a winter storm warning. The middle of the state might get 2 feet.