The last 24 hours

RogerDuke

7 hours ago, Spike said:

Forgot to tell this funny thing that happened yesterday...

So I'm trimming weeds at me dad's yesterday. There's these odd plants around his front porch and when I clipped them I got showered in seeds. It seems when the plants are ready to spread their seed they shoot them out when they get disturbed as I tapped the next one with my foot and seeds shot out of the plant. I can't say "I've never been attacked by a plant" anymore :lol:. Just glad I had my safety glasses on.

Hmmm, interesting. Any guess what kind of plant it was? I love touch-me-not seeds shooting off but that doesn't happen until late summer. 

I have no idea, it was growing between the cracks of the concrete where it meets with the porch and since we had a dry week till Friday the plants were mostly dead since I guess they bloomed already. I can say they were thin stalked with thin leaves. Will have to take a picture of them if they come back this year.

18 hours ago, Spike said:

Well hopefully we have our peaceful life back again, at least until our lease is up and we have found a new place to live. Police had to intervene again but nobody went to jail which is fine with us as long as the troublemaker is not allowed around here anymore.

Hopefully you can find a quiet place in the woods. 

I've been practically living outside. Around here we go from no mosquitos to millions in one day so I'm making the most of it......cutting firewood, doing yard and garden work, cleaning the garage, campfires, hiking astronomy, building trails and just sitting outside reading. I haven't even seen a Dukes episode in a few days. Who knows how many more days before the skeetos get here but it will be soon. The cold spring slowed them down. 

5 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

I've been practically living outside. Around here we go from no mosquitos to millions in one day so I'm making the most of it......cutting firewood, doing yard and garden work, cleaning the garage, campfires, hiking astronomy, building trails and just sitting outside reading. I haven't even seen a Dukes episode in a few days. Who knows how many more days before the skeetos get here but it will be soon. The cold spring slowed them down. 

Yeah with all the rain we had this week and the warmer temps coming next week I expect the mosquito horde to soon follow.

I'm hoping to get the plants in the ground this weekend.

5 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

Hopefully you can find a quiet place in the woods. 

That'd be great but we'll be happy in a quiet, safe neighborhood at this point. Anywhere without drama. We're going to see if we can get a mortgage loan from our bank and go from there and if that don't work out try and find a house to rent in a good neighborhood nearby.

8 hours ago, Spike said:

That'd be great but we'll be happy in a quiet, safe neighborhood at this point. Anywhere without drama. We're going to see if we can get a mortgage loan from our bank and go from there and if that don't work out try and find a house to rent in a good neighborhood nearby.

Tomorrow will be a better day! 

5 hours ago, Hobie Harkins said:

point you in the right direction to find a job!

Bring a fast car with you Spike. Preferably black and no chrome. Make sure it's unlicensed and unregistered and no fingerprints on it. A big trunk would be nice but you could always put some of those gallon jugs in the back seat. Make sure it has a good suspension system so the jugs don't get rattled and your back and neck don't hurt when you jump the creek. Hobie doesn't want you to get hurt because this kind of job doesn't have worker's compensation. Your fixin' to enter the buttermilk *wink wink* delivery industry. 

19 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

Preferably black and no chrome.

That' right! But we don't take out any taxes on your pay either...so there's that! :)   That comment about black with no chrome is no joke around here....but that's because if you drive out to the Hickory Valley area of the county, that's where all the Minnonites live and they only drive dark green or dark black cars, with no chrome on them!  

Edited by Hobie Harkins

On 5/21/2020 at 5:34 PM, Hobie Harkins said:

Hey Spike, if you want to come to God's country, you just let me know. I could set you up with a place and point you in the right direction to find a job!

Hey...just remember...All of us Hazzardites need to stick together!  :) 

Edited by Hobie Harkins

I tell ya it gives you a warm fuzzy feeling when you're family circles the wagons around you :). Wish I could give em all some hugs for the 'you mess with one of us, you mess with all of us' support.

Got the tomato's, cucumbers and corn in the ground Saturday in the garden at my dad's only to see the squirrels dug up half the tomato's Sunday morning. Gonna put chicken wire around the pots today to keep them furry tailed rats out.

Weather's been hot, 90's since Friday. Then this Friday the high is only going to be 72 with lows in the 40's. Just hope we don't get another frost. Have to replant carrots as the late frost we had already killed the seedlings.

Check your local TV stations as today the USA will make history again when a Space X rocket will carry two astronauts to the International Space Station. It will be the first time we put our own astronauts in space since the last space shuttle mission. It's supposed to happen between 4 & 5pm eastern. 

I think the SpaceX launch was delayed until Saturday. 

No astronomy last night. It was cloudy. 

I just finished The Men Who Built America series on the History Channel. 

It's raining pretty hard so I guess a Dukes epiode is on the agenda today. I'm watching Dual Survival right now. 

On 5/28/2020 at 12:25 PM, RogerDuke said:

I think the SpaceX launch was delayed until Saturday. 

No astronomy last night. It was cloudy. 

I just finished The Men Who Built America series on the History Channel. 

It's raining pretty hard so I guess a Dukes epiode is on the agenda today. I'm watching Dual Survival right now. 

It's been rescheduled for Saturday afternoon between 3 & 4pm eastern and if that don't work out then they will try Sunday at the same time.

Haven't had to water the gardens all week, been raining everyday this week. The lettuce has shot up though, doubled in size. This weekend will be cool though with lows in the low 40's brrrr.

It's been pretty rainy here the last two days. Sure is delaying everything I need to get done outside. The mosquitos are starting to come out too. Oh well, I knew that would happen. I'm glad I enjoyed things while I could. And these fresh leaves are blocking my satellite tv signal. Time to fire the chainsaw up again. 

For the most part the protests here were peaceful this weekend. There was just a few agitators that tried to get a riot started but they got weeded out real quick. No surprise the looters took advantage though, one was even stupid enough to do an interview with one of the local news stations after looting a corner store :lol:

Visited with the wife's relatives yesterday and checked out their new house. Unfortunately the home inspection missed a few things which is costing them now but they have leftover money from a flooding issue they had the first week the lived there that will at least cover the foundation issue. They were digging up all the plants around the house yesterday, wish I would've had space for them. A lot of nice hosta's and iris's probably going either too neighbors hopefully or into the trash. One thing that sucks about where they live now is the internet sucks. When they lived in the city here they streamed a lot of tv, now that they live in a rural town they can't because they don't have the bandwidth speed. But it is dead quiet out there, so quiet that I could hear the tinnitus ringing in my ears that's usually drowned out by all the background noise here. When I was a delivery driver about 20 yrs ago I used to drive thru that town all the time and they finally grew big enough to get a 2nd traffic light lol. It was quite interesting to drive thru there again so many years later.

12 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

We're starting the last day of a 3 day remodeling job so I haven't had time for much TV. I hope to get an episode in this evening. Happy June everybody. It's technically not the first day of summer but June 1st always feels like summer to me. 

Me too...but I'm losing it...I thought today was Memorial day! :( 

I'm sorry to say, the law finally caught up to them Duke boys. Saw this while monitoring regional police activity because we had some looting and a small riot about a mile from our house.

VEH PURSUIT
06/01/20 22:14
(SEATTLE - SPD EAST) UPDATE: UNITS WERE PURSUING A DODGE CHARGER, 2 SUBJECTS IN CUSTODY, 1 NON-PD VEHICLE STRUCK, NO INJURIES [WAS133]