The last 24 hours

RogerDuke

I forgot to put the oil cap on my car once, didn't notice it till the oil burning dodge I was behind finally turned off and I still noticed the oil burning smell so I pulled off to the side of the road and popped the hood to find the cap still sitting next to the hood latch :lol: Not sure why the hood was able to close with the cap right there. The only reason I'm worried about my dads car is the Cruze has a weird PCV system that has to always stay under pressure. At least GM is backing up their cars nowadays though, he got a letter from them last week alerting him to a possible issue and they extended the warranty on the part that could possibly fail. Only thing we noticed after putting the new cap on is there was a lot of blue smoke for about the first minute but it hasn't done that since so I guess that was just some excess oil burnoff from the pressure not being correct with the cap off.

That sunflower is the tallest one I've ever grown. Here's some pics of my garden

Sunflower https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/48667116998_c8da0541a0_b.jpg

Sunflower https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/48667118883_29810afbf0_b.jpg

Butterfly on Mint https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/48667118398_4b253e4b81_b.jpg the big leaves on the left are the 12 foot Sunflower

Lillies at my other garden at my dad's https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/48667465631_8650e1eb3f_b.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/48667466476_6353e4d880_b.jpg

Asian Lillies in pot on my patio https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/48667620762_16a3bce615_b.jpg

Prickly Pear Cactus blooming https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/48667121723_e9a4dccaa2_b.jpg

I'm waiting for the Asters to bloom which are really late this year but the plants have gotten 5 foot tall so far, I'll take some pics and upload those soon. I picked a bunch of tomato's the other day and a few cucumbers, Pumpkins have become bee magnets so will probably have a bunch of those soon. 

Enjoy the rest of Labor day guys :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...

Well yesterday was fun :breakcomp: Wife and I were going to the local Farmers Market only to pull into the parking lot and see steam coming from under the hood. Hose clamp broke and upper radiator hose bursted and left a few gallons of coolant under the car. So in the past 7 days we've spent over another $200 in car repairs and towing on the wife's car, last week it was the exhaust flange that broke. Luckily the tow truck driver gave us a ride home yesterday. Figures we just started putting money back into savings after paying down some bills only to empty it all again :censored::largecensored::fryingpan: .

This is exactly why every town needs a Cooter. If you roll your car over several times and then it falls down a ravine into a river and floats to the next county and catches on fire while going down a waterfall then gets stolen by a bank robber then crunched in the crusher after being confiscated by the police....it's no problem....Cooter will go to the crusher, pick it up and it will be as good as new later that day and all he'll ask for is donuts and beer. 

Edited by RogerDuke

Thanks I needed a good laugh Roger :lol: Wish Car company's would just stick to the K.I.S.S. principle when it comes to vehicles. I looked under the hood of the wife's car to check the fluids yesterday and man I tell ya you can't do anything other than change the air filter and add fluids. Everything is on top of everything else. The mechanic probably had to take half the dang hoses and crap just to get to the upper radiator hose and you can't even see where that goes into the radiator without removing the air filter hose and box. Wouldn't surprise me if the wife comes home today proclaiming she's selling it because this morning when she started it up it was loud so it looks like another trip to the muffler shop in the morning.

On 9/18/2019 at 4:04 PM, Spike said:

Thought I avoided the Poison ivy but apparently I didn't when I was pulling some weeds and cutting down some invasive bushes at a lady's house that I mow for. Itchiness doesn't really bother me but dang my arms sure did blister from it.

been there...done that. Sometimes poison ivy bothers me and sometimes it doesn't. I think it's more potent in the middle of the summer...for me at least. I just got back from 3 days of visiting my daughter and her family in Virginia. We did some astronomy, watched the grandsons play soccer and football and also visited the childhood home of Patsy Cline. 

• 2 weeks later...

Thought we were done with the BS with the neighbor and his buddy after the sentencing at court but nope guess not. Apparently they don't give a :censored: about the Not Within 500 feet court order. Was sitting outside on our front step yesterday afternoon scraping seeds out of one of the sunflowers when the neighbor comes home and guess who's with him, his troublemaking buddy who we had arrested after he threatened us. The neighbor seen me and told his buddy just to stay in the car and he went into his apartment for a few minutes then came out and they left again. I pondered calling 911 but by the time the police would have gotten here they would have been long gone. Too bad he didn't get out of the car as then he would have a nice picture to hang from his cell wall from my new Trail camera. This isn't the 1st time he's been around either. Neighbor snuck him in on Labor Day, we only found out when they got into a fight but the police officer that came out then told us since the neighbor refused to open the door it's our word against his but he also told us if we can get photographic proof that he's here then he can get a warrant and go in and arrest him so that's one of the reasons we bought the trail camera. Last week I talked too the manager at the neighboring complex as she has had issues with these two as well and has been pushing for our complex's manager to get them out but that obviously isn't happening. She told me that I should get my wife a gun and some ccw training because she thinks the guy's dangerous from some of the stuff she's seen him do and heard about from her residents. Told the wife that and she's all for it but it will have to wait till we set aside some money till then she's carrying her mace and a pocket knife every time she leaves.    

I went to the last race of the year at our local dirt track. It was awesome to see the place packed with that many fans. I don't think they could have fit another person in the bleachers. It reminded me of when I was a kid. The reason it was packed is because the Lucas Oil Late Model Series was in town. I didn't know enough about racing to know what a big deal that was. Two of the cars were owned by Clint Bowyer but I didn't hear about any other famous owners. It was our first really chilly night here up on Lake Erie but other than that was a great night. It will be a long wait until the next race. 

Y'all may remember that a year ago I posted about singing with a choir in a cathedral. Well, we're back there again this weekend with a bigger and better choir doing Saturday and Sunday. This time around we upped the ante a little as for after our set we had to learn a couple of lines of Italian to join in with the chorus on 'Nessun Dorma' (it's the first time I've done opera). The show also includes a well-renowned violinist who's very good. One performance down, back again tomorrow night for the second!

Hoss might replace that Pavaratti guy someday as the most famous singer in the world. I can see his name up in lights now....Performing tonight....HOSSARATTI. He'll be so rich he'll drive an expensive sports car to the concert and folks along the street will say " There goes Hossaratti in his Massaratti. And us folks here on the HazzardNet will say we knew him before he was famous.....and then he'll buy s all General Lees...not toys but real cars. Keep singing Hoss. All our hopes are riding on your golden vocal pipes. Will you be painting your sports car orange and putting an 01 on it?

I'm not a good singer, Roger. I just enjoy joining in with people who are (nearly all of us are enthusiastic amateurs). As for getting rich, all the proceeds from the concerts are going to a local charity.

Besides, fancy cars have their pitfalls. As Joe Walsh sang: "My Maserati does one-eighty-five, I lost my license, now I don't drive". Billy Ray Cyrus did better "Ridin' down Rodeo in my Maserati sports car", but he really wanted to take his horse to the old town road!

3 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

I'll bet you're just being modest. I'd take a dirt bike over a Maserati myself.....unless I could take the Maserati, sell it, buy a dirt bike and then donate the remainder to charity.....like the Hobie Harkins Home for Retired Moonshiners. 

Right on Roger! I'll make sure it goes for something worthy! ( Like the latest model still...and a 4 door Ferrari to haul it in! :)  )…..or at least a full  collection of moonshine films ( like the one on the Dukes) that all us old Mooners can watch at the home!.like the Hobie Harkins Home for Retired Moonshinerske the Hobie Harkins Home for Retired Moonshiners

I think I'd keep the Maserati no matter the color, someone that owns a local bread shop has a sedan and that ferrari v8 sounds so sweet when it goes by. 

It looks like today is the last day I'll wear shorts as tomorrow it's supposed to be 50 degrees if it even reaches that. At least we aren't getting the blizzard/snow storm that hit Colorado and some of the plains states. Hopefully we won't get a frost for a few weeks, still got a few tomato's that need to grow before picking.