The last 24 hours

RogerDuke

Hope you get better Roger. Also remember 99% of spiders are harmless and are beneficial to have around especially in a garden.

Well Sentencing last week was a waste of a day off. The guy just got probation. We were expecting for him to serve at least a month in prison but I guess the judge was in a lenient mood. Being good neighbors also got us stabbed in the back, as the neighbor hired a lawyer for his "buddy"(and I use the term buddy loosely because if everyone had friends like this there'd be no need for enemies) for sentencing and the lawyer made it seem like we were the problem and that we were always causing trouble. Judge didn't buy that BS though when he went through the guy's arrest record that dated all the way back to the early 90's. At least we don't have to deal with the jackwagon for year and hopefully never again, but if he does come back we'll be ready next time if he tries the same crap. 

One thing I did learn from this whole experience is get everything on Video!!! whether you buy the Ring doorbell camera or another security camera or your own phone just get it on video and back it up on multiple hd's or flash drive's. Unlike people, especially in our case, you can always count on video to testify.   

The doctor ordered blood tests to make sure it is not Lyme disease but there was no tick involved so I hope that checks out fine. He also wants to check my blood cell counts to see if anything weird is going on.....I mean weirder than my NORMAL amount of weird. Which is a bit weird because if you think about it, there's nothing normal about weirdness. If there was then it wouldn't be weird. 

Hope you don't get bad news Roger.

Finally got around to putting the pics from the camera onto the pc today so as promised here are some of the birds I photographed the past few months

https://www.flickr.com/photos/50164621@N02/albums/72157709069709303  Click on the pics to see the larger sizes. There's a Baltimore Oriole, Red bellied Woodpecker, Rose Breasted Grosbeak, Red Breasted Nuthatch and two unknown birds.

Wife brought some baby Praying Mantis's home today, found them on a bush at work while she was eating lunch at the picnic table outside between rain showers. After the rain I'm going to release them in the garden.

7 hours ago, Spike said:

Hope you don't get bad news Roger.

Finally got around to putting the pics from the camera onto the pc today so as promised here are some of the birds I photographed the past few months

https://www.flickr.com/photos/50164621@N02/albums/72157709069709303  Click on the pics to see the larger sizes. There's a Baltimore Oriole, Red bellied Woodpecker, Rose Breasted Grosbeak, Red Breasted Nuthatch and two unknown birds.

Wife brought some baby Praying Mantis's home today, found them on a bush at work while she was eating lunch at the picnic table outside between rain showers. After the rain I'm going to release them in the garden.

There's a female or juvenile rose-breasted grosbeak in there, that might be one of your unknowns. The very last one looks like maybe a female Junco of some sort.

2 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

Still no blood work results. I'm going to the emergency room in the morning. I've been freezing for two weeks in June and can't live like this any more. 

See if they'll do an anti-thyroid antibody test. Inability to control your body temp is often a thyroid problem. But based on what you've described so far, I'm thinking it's Lyme. :(

Also, with symptoms like that, it's ok to be UNPOLITELY pushy. You need to take care of yourself.

On 6/2/2019 at 8:03 PM, RogerDuke said:

My chills and hot flashes improved today but the rash has gotten much bigger. I'll probably go back tomorrow since I also have a lot of soreness in my neck and both shoulders. I'm on Cephalexin. I'm starting to understand why humans have evolved to have a fear of spiders. 

Did the rash at any point look like a bull's eye? That's very indicative of lyme. Read this on a website: Most humans are infected through the bites of immature ticks called nymphs. Nymphs are tiny (less than 2 mm) and difficult to see; they feed during the spring and summer months.

So, it's entirely possible it was a tick bite, but you never saw the tick.

Getting discharged in a couple hours. They still haven't figured out what is wrong but I'm starting to feel better. There still is a lot of bloodwork that is waiting to be tested so those results will filter in eventually. I wonder if this is going to be one of those things where I never know what it was. I've heard of that happening. Hopefully all of my symptoms will fade into the Hazzard County sunset in a few days. 

Edited by RogerDuke

Good to hear Roger. Watch a bunch of comedy's to keep you preoccupied, Laughter is the best medicine.

Think my birthday curse is back, car decided to break down again this week. That sure put a damper on things. First 3 sunny days in a row we've had here in weeks and I was planning on doing some fishing at least one of them days but nope car had other plans and has been sitting at the shop all week. Just hope my curse doesn't knock the other car out. At least I was able to take some stress out on weeds in the garden lol.