The last 24 hours

RogerDuke

Wife and I cut our Sunday plans short so I could Install a new battery in a relatives car in 20 degree weather with windchills near zero yesterday because said relative didn't feel like waiting at the auto center for an hour or more for their mechanics to change it Saturday :rolleyes: . Would have been done taking the old one out and putting the new one in in half an hour if I didn't have to wait in checkout line at Walmart for 45+minutes, I kid you not it was over 45 minutes because some genius only scheduled one cashier to work the auto section yesterday :mad: . Luckily got back in time just before sundown to put the new one in the car.

On 1/16/2018 at 10:11 AM, RogerDuke said:

I feel your pain. It's been pretty cold here on Lake Erie. The good thing is that it makes us appreciate it more when it's warm. 

I'm on the Western side of Lake Erie :) small world hehe. Kind of sick of the single digit temps as well, wouldn't mind some more snow though for some extra cash. 

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 7:46 PM, RogerDuke said:

I thought The Jaguars were going to beat the Patriots but the Patriots had another one of their miracle fourth quarters. Shucks!

Right now the Eagles are leading 31-7. It looks like I'll be rooting for the Eagles in the Super Bowl unless something drastic happens here. 

I'll be rooting for the Eagles myself, simply because they're the underdogs and New England is always in it!

I'm a lifelong Steeers fan. I live less than 2 hours to the north of Pittsburgh. I liked them even before they won their first of 6 Super Bowls. If the Patriots win they'll be the second team with 6 rings so Go Eagles.....plus they're a Pennsylvania team. I really wanted to see both Pennsylvania teams get in there. Oh well...Patriots are a great team. I don't like them but their greatness can't be denied.

Good to hear from you MM. I watched men's and women's snowboarding but that's it. Too much else going on between basketball and grandchildren. I'm in the middle of my second bout of a cold but haven't got the flu. I had two colds last season too. I guess that's the new normal when you get older. I only used to get one. Sorry to hear about your autoimmune problems. That's been a problem for awhile hasn't it? 

5 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

Good to hear from you MM. I watched men's and women's snowboarding but that's it. Too much else going on between basketball and grandchildren. I'm in the middle of my second bout of a cold but haven't got the flu. I had two colds last season too. I guess that's the new normal when you get older. I only used to get one. Sorry to hear about your autoimmune problems. That's been a problem for awhile hasn't it? 

Yeah, I had a flare start in late 2016 and have been on a rollercoaster ever since. I was diagnosed when I was 10 though, so been dealing with it off and on for several decades.

17 hours ago, Meadowmufn said:

Yeah, I had a flare start in late 2016 and have been on a rollercoaster ever since. I was diagnosed when I was 10 though, so been dealing with it off and on for several decades.

"several" can mean many things from 3 to 20 but I always think of the number seven since it's so close to the word several. Using a little math (10+70) that adds up to a MM that is 80 years old. LOL It's been awhile since anybody's been thrown in the pokey by the Supreme Superior Commander so I'm just trying to get things stirred up....besides I'm way older than MM.