Kid With Whiney Voice ( A Boy's Best Friend?)

I can't remember the name of the episode ( I'm sure Hoss will know!)  but it was the one where the little red haired kid with the whiney voice got the dog and the family who owned the dog, wound up adopting him. I came across it the other night and decided to skip over it. It's one of the ones I haven't seen but a handful of times ( like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Duke, etc. etc.) because I really  don't like it. ( I guess there's 3-4 of them like that) but who was that kid? Where have I heard that voice before? It seems he may have done commercials or something. I just couldn't stand to hear that voice all the way through the episode droning and whining.

I may have posted info before, but I don't remember doing so.

The orphan boy in "A Boy's Best Friend" is Terry Lee, played by Danny Cooksey. His 1983 appearance in Dukes was his first acting role (he was born in 1975). Through the '80s, Danny was pretty busy, popping up in episodes of quite a few TV shows, and starting to do voice work. His largest roles were playing Sam McKinney in "Diff'rent Strokes" and Kevin Cavanaugh in "The Cavanaughs".

The 90s started with a part as John Connor's friend, Tim, in "Terminator 2: Judgment Day". Since then, nearly all of Danny's work has been as a voice artist, mostly in kids' shows that I've never heard of. BTW. That "little red haired kid with the whiney voice" is now 6'1".

You can check out Danny's full TV/film career at IMBb.com.

Edited by HossC
Added more info.

I agree Hobie, I can't watch that episode due to the grating voice alone.  I will give the worst episode award to "Strange Visitor to Hazzard". Along with the Coy and Vance episodes, I just pretend it never happened.   In a strange way, I thought that Tom's performance in "Dr. Jekyll, Mr. Duke" was hilarious.  

In several scenes, Danny Cooksey's voice was dubbed by well-known voice artist June Foray, best known for characters such as Rocky (of Rocky and Bullwinkle) and Natasha Fatale. Not sure why, but perhaps the sound quality wasn't great for those scenes and Danny wasn't available for looping. Not one of my favorite episodes. June Foray also dubbed Sport's voice in Twilight Zone's "The Bewitchin' Pool", one of my least favorite episodes of that series as well. I did love her turn as Talky Tina in "Living Doll" episode of Twilight Zone, however. She passed away a few months ago at the age of 99. She would have turned 100 last week (September 18th).

7 hours ago, HossC said:

It's certainly not an especially favorite episode of mine, but I don't mind it. I haven't watched my way through all the episodes for ages, but I never skip any when I do.

This is my story...I watch them every night and just put the DVD on when I go to bed and when I start to fall asleep, I cut it off. It's usually not long. It helps me sleep. My wife says because they're boring but the REAL reason, is because they're comforting and I'd like to live in Hazzard forever! That's why, when I'm going to nap or go to bed or just " Check Out" for a while, I tell her I'm " Going to The land".  She knows what I mean! LOL! :) I go through them in order but I'll keep the same one in for a long time before finally switching it out!