Today on ABC

RogerDuke

I was just flipping through the guide on my Dish Network and noticed that ABC is airing Dukes at 2:00 Today (eastern standard time). The bad news is that it's the Johnny Knoxville version so I won't be watching it. The great news is that one of the three major networks seems to have gotten the ball rolling again. If they can have the courage to do this maybe we'll see someone pick up the original series! I'm excited! There is now hope that sanity is being restored!

Edited by RogerDuke

I agree 100%. I'm trying to look at the bright side though. The stupid politically correct ban has been lifted. This may lead to a dream come true....the original series making it back to some other channel. Maybe the executives of CMT will sit in a meeting and say " If ABC can run that stupid movie we should put the original series back on. "

10 hours ago, Rollman said:

I wish that the The Nashville Network was still in existence.  I first became a Dukes fan while watching it on TNN in the late 90's, it was a good country-centered channel. CMT used to be decent, but it has sadly gotten as bad as today's country music as well. 

I feel the same way and today's " Country " music isn't country!  Hopefully we will see it back on the air soon. I'd like to see it with full episodes ( some shows are abbreviated for time when they're put in syndication) and back the way it was when I first watched it, back in the late '70's and mid eighties!

When you look at the many ways rock music has split in 50 years country music hasn't done much except drop the western in county western. I think it's due for a split though. They need to label some of this stuff county-pop and get it off the radio stations that are calling themselves country. If you want to call yourself country you need to stop playing some of that stuff. Folks like me have stopped listening. 

On 9/10/2017 at 0:54 PM, RogerDuke said:

I was just flipping through the guide on my Dish Network and noticed that ABC is airing Dukes at 2:00 Today (eastern standard time). The bad news is that it's the Johnny Knoxville version so I won't be watching it. The great news is that one of the three major networks seems to have gotten the ball rolling again. If they can have the courage to do this maybe we'll see someone pick up the original series! I'm excited! There is now hope that sanity is being restored!

I doubt ABC had anything to do with it, it was most likely your local ABC affiliate that was going to air the Dukes as it was not scheduled to air on my local ABC affiliate.

I miss TNN as well though not for the country music, more for the weekend fishing shows and car shows and racing.

I agree on that as well. As a kid, I first became a monster truck fan in the late 80's early 90's by watching Trucks and Tractor Power on TNN. They also showed tractor pulls and mud bogs, then later on they had Monster Jam. I was also a fan of Trucks with Stacey David and the rest of the horsepower block. Then country star Tracey Byrd hosted TNN Outdoors, which had several good hunting shows.  That was an All-American channel. 

9 hours ago, Spike said:

I doubt ABC had anything to do with it, it was most likely your local ABC affiliate that was going to air the Dukes as it was not scheduled to air on my local ABC affiliate.

I miss TNN as well though not for the country music, more for the weekend fishing shows and car shows and racing.

Shucks. You're probably right. I still look at it as progress though.