Does Anyone Else Hate The Movie?

Kamryn

I started watching the 2005 movie and turned it off after a few minutes, and just watched the whole thing today.
I don't even recognise as The Dukes Of Hazzard; very unlike the show.
I guess they watched the show, took some quick notes then decided to do a movie, which is very cheesy and inappropriate.

I don't think ANYONE liked it at all, except for the idiots who made and promoted it. It's horrible!!! Doesn't deserve the name "Duke."

I finally figured out how to explain the difference:

The Duke family on TV was 1) moral and decent, 2) respectful and respectable, 3) likeable and 4) law-abiding (not counting the corrupt local "law" and the speed limits).

The so-called "Duke" family in that film were 1) immoral, 2) disrespectful and disrespectable, 3) not likeable and 4) not law-abiding. 

I don't know who they were, but as far as I'm concerned, the shameful folks in that film were NOT repeat NOT Dukes. It is an ABOMINATION!!!

Edited by Andrew D Charger Chaser

Welcome to the HazzardNet Kamryn. We're sure glad to have ya. I agree. It stunk in every way imaginable. I watched the whole thing once and never will again. The two reunion movies weren't as bad but I still didn't like them and will never watch them again. There's no way all three Dukes would have moved away and left a frail Uncle Jesse by himself...and no way Boss would have died. Those things don't happen in the real Hazzard County. 

Wait until you get to the 2007 TV movie. They completely ignored the story of finding the General Lee shown in the TV series, and messed around with the ages of the characters. There's also no mention of the car crash which originally brought the cousins together. At least Daisy was a brunette, but she was portrayed as dull and unattractive until the day that she took her glasses off, and suddenly became the fantasy of every male in Hazzard.

Sadly, the studios are still doing it. After seeing the trailer, I decided that I never wanted to see the CHiPs movie, even when it's free on TV. It appears to be yet another case of keeping the character names and throwing away virtually everything else that come before it.

Actually, there is one possible angle I've not heard anyone consider. The one advantage to the OFFENSIVE films is they made the Season 5 episodes with Coy and Vance SO much more acceptable!! :) Compared to the trashy people in the films, Coy and Vance are true-Duke all the way!!

(personally I never had any issued with them, personally. Just the network's audacity to put in stunningly copycat "clones" of Bo and Luke....)