The Italian job 1969 version

Julieduke

Which Italian Job movie you like better ?  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which Italian Job movie you like better ?

• 11 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Original, hands down. The newer film was alright, but why call it the Italian Job when the plot bears no relation to the original - at least Gone in 60 (Sixty) Seconds had some similarities. Would it have done so well if they'd had to think of a new title?

In the original you get a car chase that lasts half the film, and includes loads of impressive stunts that are all done for real by Rémy Julienne and team. You also get Michael Caine saying 'you're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off' and that ending ... what more could you ask for?

Maybe it's because I'm English - the original is a very English film with the likes of Noel Coward and Benny Hill accompanying Michael Caine (a man, like Sean Connery, who uses the same accent no matter what part he plays).

• 1 year later...

I couldn't find HNet's 'Art & Culture' section, so I'll post this here ;).

Various artistic projects are taking place around Britain as part of the Cultural Olympiad surrounding the London 2012 Olympics. One of these is a rather unusual installation at the De La Warr Pavilion in Bexhil (on the south coast of England). Taking inspiration from the ending of the 'Italian Job', and entitled 'Hang on a minute lads, I've got a great idea…', artist Richard Wilson has created a full-sized replica of the coach and placed it teetering on the edge of the roof. It even rocks back and forth! You can read more here.

o-THE-ITALIAN-JOB-570.jpg?12

When our local amusment park was owned by Paramount, we got a ride called "Italian Job: Stunt Coster" (I think that's what it was). It's a fun ride. Has three trains and 3 cars to the train. One train is red, second blue, and the third white. At the end, it looks like you are bursting through a build board.

of what the ride is like. This had to have been when it first opened because now you don't end with diving into water 'cause they never fill it up, and the Diamondback ride is not by it.

of what the ride is like. This had to have been when it first opened because now you don't end with diving into water 'cause they never fill it up, and the Diamondback ride is not by it.

Aaargh - it's based on the 2003 movie. It would've been so much better (and longer) if they'd based it on the original. If you're not familiar with the original, you can see the best bits of the chase

(Warning: contains the movie ending, as if I haven't spoiled that already :)) - so "getta bloomin' move on" and watch it.