Breaker one, breaker one...

CornishBelle

...I'm new here so hello everyone!

Right, a quick introduction:

The first time I came across the Dukes of Hazzard was in a cardboard box of old die-cast cars. Not the most interesting but please bear with me!

I was gifted them from a cousin who thought he had 'outgrown' all the toy cars. (What a silly boy, one does not 'outgrow' toy cars!) I accepted them gladly and after a quick rummage, I discovered only two cars I couldn't place so promptly went to ask my Dad.

Well, it just so happened that one of those cars was an orange Dodge Charger and I think you can probably fill in the rest! I became a Dukes of Hazzard fan at the age of 13 and have held the Dukes in fond regard ever since.

I was browsing the internet and stumbled across this website again and was amazed to find I'd never registered before - how remiss of me! Of course, this is me rectifying that glaring error on my behalf!

To summarise:

Hello everyone! I probably ramble on too much but am looking forward to chatting to like-minded Dukes fans!

(It's a good thing I don't actually own a CB radio - you'd never get a word in edgeways!)

Wow - thank you all so much for the warm welcomes! (I’m reigning in my chatter but I’m sure I’ll relax a little after a few posts! )

21 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

Do you have a favorite character CornishBelle? Hey, I just realized you mentioned CB radios in your first post and that's your initials. 

Haha, I didn't notice that - good spot! I'm afraid the CB link is pure coincidence, although I think my father may have a crystal radio set up in our loft which maybe one day I could convert into a CB! I wish they'd caught on over here as it would be great to have conversations with them!

Funnily enough, I was actually thinking about a 'favourite' Dukes character yesterday - although how I can limit myself to just one I don't know! As a teen many years ago, watching the Dukes for the first time round, my favourite was Luke. Now I think it's really shared between Daisy and Miss Tisdale - both were brilliant characters! Having said that, now I'm really thinking, nearly all of the Dukes characters are great - which I guess is the main reason I enjoy the show so much! Great characters, a great car, good family values and a moral story and, of course, the social/cultural history that runs through the stories as well. Who (if you can choose Roger!) is your favourite?

Enos was my favorite when the show was in its prime but now that I'm older it's become Jesse. It's hard to believe I'm only 3 years away from being the same age Denver Pyle was in 1979 when Dukes first came out. ( He was born in 1920 so he was 59). And I'm also a huge EmmaTisdale fan. I wish she would have married Jesse and moved to the farm. 

Jesse may have been in his 50s but I definitely think he had a young soul! After all, age is in the mind and not the calendar. Uncle Jesse was very bright and on-the-ball and I personally think Denver Pyle put a lot of himself into the role. (I believe it was his most enjoyed role too. I think he was a very kind and genuine man.) Of course, he and Nedra Volz played off each other brilliantly - I too hoped they'd end up growing old on the farm together!

I reason to myself that if I end up half as wise as Jesse and half as determined as Miz Tisdale, then I'll be happy!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...