The Boar's Nest in 1/25 scale

Mark B / Scooter Davenport

Here we go again!  After Cooter's Garage, the next natural place to stop in Hazzard is the Boar's Nest.

Like the garage, this is such an iconic location that I had to do this one the same way- detailed inside and out.  I'll keep posting more as things are completed.

27546534654_625c1760f5_z.jpgUntitled by mommydawn2000, on Flickr

29189935566_4a567fe770_z.jpgUntitled by mommydawn2000, on Flickr

28603347613_483d8411d3_z.jpgUntitled by mommydawn2000, on Flickr

29115958462_d7aff981c4_z.jpgUntitled by mommydawn2000, on Flickr

28603952024_f0dc778fb2_z.jpgUntitled by mommydawn2000, on Flickr

Thanks folks- as usual I have to give a shout-out and 'yeehaw' to HossC for his help on this as well.  I'm stealing (with permission I guess!) his sign art.  His take on the building dimensions and details was also very helpful.  Yea, I could do it myself but I certainly couldn't do it better and why reinvent the wheel!  It also adds another level of satisfaction to pull in the help of the HNet community on these projects.

Thanks folks- as usual I have to give a shout-out and 'yeehaw' to HossC for his help on this as well.  I'm stealing (with permission I guess!) his sign art.  His take on the building dimensions and details was also very helpful.  Yea, I could do it myself but I certainly couldn't do it better and why reinvent the wheel!  It also adds another level of satisfaction to pull in the help of the HNet community on these projects.

29171549692_065181b723_z.jpgUntitled by mommydawn2000, on Flickr

At the moment I'm concentrating on finishing the outside of the BN before I 'go back inside' to decorate.  

Wow, this place went through a lot of changes over the years.  In addition to Boss' office switching sides of the building (reflecting a change in the interior sets), all the outside details move constantly.  The outside lights, number of hubcaps, the type and location of the gas pumps, number and location of the planters, and loading zone signs.  And this isn't even counting the differences in the Georgia and Hollywood buildings!

So, instead of trying to match a particular configuration or season, I'm picking my favorite features seen throughout the series.  The funny thing is I don't think anyone else (except maybe HossC!) will know the difference!

On 28-8-2016 at 2:43 PM, Mark B / Scooter Davenport said:

Yea, I could do it myself but I certainly couldn't do it better and why reinvent the wheel!

One of my hobbies is model trains, and I've learned from that that some people as a hobby actually do 'reinvent the wheel' for fun.

On 29-8-2016 at 3:11 AM, Mark B / Scooter Davenport said:

So, instead of trying to match a particular configuration or season, I'm picking my favorite features seen throughout the series.  The funny thing is I don't think anyone else (except maybe HossC!) will know the difference!

There's quite a lot of differences. I wouldn't notice different hubcabs but beside the office switching sides the whole bar switched sides. Also the poles are gone, sometimes a jukebox or pinball machine. Also double doors only just once there, and in the last episode a backstage for the podium.

Irrelevant but it was used in an episode where the back was shown and it was a sawmill. also it was used in a Knight rider epsidoe as well as some other stuff from the dukes set.

• 1 month later...

I I am new here I been a dukes fan for years I have become disabled in the last year and trying to get  my hands working again  so I have had time to work on a few projects  here the ar the duke farm and boars nest with working lights out side and a cooters garage I am working on with new one I am building but it's to big so I am going to make it smaller I am trying to load it say only allow a certain size  can u help out any ideas 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi guys I'm new here but I have been searching for measurements materials to build a scale boar's nest for a slot car track in 125th scale. I was just wondering what you used to build the building and how did you get the brick look and do you have a page with dimensions and directions ? I wanted to build about three or four of the buildings The boar's nest cooter's garage The farmhouse and the police station thanks in advance. Any help would be appreciated.