Aunt Lavinia

On 2/11/2016 at 2:39 PM, Roth Potter said:

No-one ever figured it out, it's probably a script mistake

On 2/11/2016 at 2:41 PM, justinpcoltrane said:

As I rewatch, I'm noticing a lot of inconsistencies.

Another possible inconsistency: Colonial City has a sheriff's department in S03E22: The Hack of Hazzard but i thought it was in Hazzard County so wouldn't that be Sheriff Coltrane's territory?please

On 2/16/2016 at 11:00 PM, justinpcoltrane said:

Another possible inconsistency: Colonial City has a sheriff's department in S03E22: The Hack of Hazzard but i thought it was in Hazzard County so wouldn't that be Sheriff Coltrane's territory?

From what I understand most county cops don't have jurisdiction in cities with their own police force. Since Hazzard, the town, doesn't have it's own cops Rosco is the police enforcement for there as well but it could be different for colonial city. I know when I'm in Cincinnati that I don't have to worry too much about the county cops because Cinci has it's own police force. Though technically it's within their county they city police has first authority.

Where I live in a named town, which is more of a collection of streets than an actual town, when we had a traffic accident, the county cops came out but couldn't do anything until the State Highway Patrol got there. Besides it's not like Rosco can be everywhere at once. Most of the time if he wasn't chasing after the Dukes he was in town.

Hmmmm, I have to check my notebook on the Colonial City thing. Are you sure it was supposed to be in Hazzard County? It's not unreasonable that his wife and the boys' Aunt have the same name since it could have been Jesse's sister and not his wife's sister. They did give two different names for Jesse's wife but I used my imagination and just guessed that one was a nickname or middle name and he occasionally called her that. I'll look up the episodes they were in when I check out my old notebook and get back to you.