Bad Guys

Jamanda

Hey ya'll. Here's a question for ya. Who are your favorite bad guys from Dukes? There were all kinds of them. Funny (Squirt and Bubba), Ugly (Jethro Brothers), Dumb (Laurel and Hardy), and downright scary (that big ol' doberman dog!). Besides the recurring antics of Boss and Rosco, who were worthy advasaries of the Duke boys?

I thought Snake Harmon from the episode "Jude Emery" was a cool bad guy. He had charisma. And of course, he had snakes. It's always a bonus when the villian has some sorta weird quirk that makes 'em stand out.

Jason Steele from "Ten Million Dollar Sheriff" is probably my next vote. He had more going on in the smarts department than most of the bad guys who drifted through Hazzard.

And the next batch have the distinction of being in two different Dukes eps. The Beaudrys ( Pa, Milo and Sledge ) were stereotypical hillbillies with a complete absence of decency. I found them refreshing. I think Daisy had some of her best moments in those episodes; in one, she smashes Milo over the head with a beer pitcher to make a point; in the other, she beats on Milo with a broom to defend her cousins.

One thing's for sure, bad guys in Hazzard never had an easy time of it.

Brian

Good list so far. =) My choices are ones that had a grudge against the law and order in Hazzard...

Boss: Digger Jackson

Rosco: Sue Ann Bliss

Enos: Frank Scanlon

Offered variety to the "Duke boys in trouble with Boss again" formula, which was good but every now and again it was good to be able to see another side to Rosco, Boss, Enos and Cletus.

The Jones family, Ma Harper and her boys were alright, along with Benson (not Diane LOL) and Hixx. The one I enjoyed the most was Thackery from "Bad Day In Hazzard."

Daney

• 2 weeks later...

The carstrippers from 'Arrest Jesse Duke', they were more than just pretty ladies, they were downright nasty to Boss. The golddiggers from 'Gold Fever' were great too, they did pull a fast one on Boss. Sue Ann Bliss and her men, 'Mrs. Rosco P. Coltrane', were good too, they did pull a fast one on the whole county. L.S. Pritchard, 'Farewell Hazzard', also pulled a fast one on Luke, he was attracted to her.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I hate Hewey Hogg! Bu tI gitta give credit to that actor, cause he does his job well!

The bad guy in Luke's Love story was good, er bad?

He was a real jerk. But I loved to fight scene in the boar's nest with him and Luke. I liked whan Ba said something like "Why don't you sue some of that stuff they taught you in the Marines" An Luke says "That's what he just used on me!"

Gknee Gknee, I love it! I love it!!

• 2 years later...
I don't think I have a favorite bad guy but the one I hated the most was Jason Steele from "Ten Million Dollar Sheriff". The meanest looking one was the guy from "Deputy Dukes". He was public enemy number. Wow, I just saw that episode and I forgot his name...Rocky Marlow I think.

yep it was Rocky Marlow. Iagree with ya on that one. That man scared me, Id hate t' get into a bar room brawl with him!!