Got a tablet

RogerDuke

I don't even own a cell phone. I guess I'm a bit like Uncle Jesse I like to do things the old way. Well I guess not completely the old way, my wife got a tablet so I've been using it to do HazzardNet and I'm still getting used to it. I guess I feel like I belong here in the new users guide since this feels pretty new to me. This spell check thing drives me crazy. It corrects words that shouldn't be corrected like No. See that's supposed to be the name of Luke's cousin. It rymes with No. I guess I'll figure this out eventually

This spell check thing drives me crazy. It corrects words that shouldn't be corrected like No. See that's supposed to be the name of Luke's cousin. It rymes with No. I guess I'll figure this out eventually

So your spell checker corrects "Bo" to "No", but didn't spot the misspelling of "rhymes" :).

I don't mind programs suggesting that I've spelled something wrong as they're often typos, but ones that correct things without asking annoy me.

I'm not familiar with the word "Rymes" either, and can't see why it should be capitalized. Of course, it can be a name, as with the singer LeAnn Rimes, and Rymes is a variant spelling of that.

The spell checker is most likely built into your device. It's possible to turn it off, or reduce the agressiveness, but the method and options available will vary depending on the make, model and operating system. If you want to change the settings, I can look up instructions if you tell me what type of tablet you're using.