On ‎1‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 2:14 AM, Susan said:

I'm afraid I'm with the majority of posters on here: Strange Visitor to Hazzard. Erk. The Dukes meet ET. I'm sorry, but it just didn't work for me, either. :( 

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way.

Another on my 'Less than Wonderful' list, which I don't see on here (So maybe I'm in the minority on this one) was the Coy and Vance episode with the Russian gymnast. Just feel it was a bit corny and contrived. What do others think?

This commie gymnast and the silly stuff in the episode makes it one of my least favorite too. This is ONE of the ones ( The weak or outright BAD ones!) I haven't seen but 2-3 times.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...
4 hours ago, Boss JD Hogg said:

I recently tried watching the 2005 movie.  I did say I tried. LOL  It was horrible.  I watched about 30 minutes and turned it off.  I was curious so I'm glad I tried it but I couldn't watch the whole movie.  I'll stick with the TV series and the cartoon.

I've watched the whole thing just out of curiosity. Clearly the writers and actors weren't fans of the real show. If they were they would have never created that monster. 

1 hour ago, Hobie Harkins said:

I've never seen the cartoon! 

The cartoon is fun to watch.  The first 13 episodes have Coy and Vance and the next 7 episodes have Bo and Luke.  This was at the time John Schneider and Tom Wopat returned to the regular show and they were simply replaced in the cartoon with no explanation.

• 2 weeks later...

There are maybe 2 episodes I don’t care for. For some reason I’ve never liked My Son, Bo Hogg. But, my absolute least favorite (and in my opinion the WORST episode) of the entire show was...Strange Visitor to Hazzard:crazy: I don’t like alien crap to begin with, but that kind of sci-fi ridiculousness did not work for a show like Dukes! :angry: I almost always skip “Visitor” when going through the series. 

Edited by MonacoMan

That seems to be most everybody's reaction to " Strange Visitor". It seems to be an episode thought up when they couldn't think of anything else. My LEAST favorite that I've maybe seen 3 times, is " Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Duke. Luke is an A Hole to everybody!

Edited by Hobie Harkins

On 11/12/2019 at 9:23 PM, Hobie Harkins said:

That seems to be most everybody's reaction to " Strange Visitor". It seems to be an episode thought up when they couldn't think of anything else. My favorite that I've maybe seen 3 times, is " Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Duke. Luke is an A Hole to everybody!

Yeah, for some reason several shows in the 80s thought they had to do an alien/UFO type episode...they all were ridiculous! :roll: However, another 80s show, Miami Vice, had not only the worst & most pathetic alien-episode ever (“Missing Hours”), it is without a doubt the worst episode of any show in TV history!! :crazy:  Doubt me...watch it. :cornfused: 

It’s been years since I’ve seen “Dr. Jekyl & Mr. Duke”—I’m currently going through Dukes again, so I’ll have to re-familiarize myself with it soon. :tup:

Edited by MonacoMan

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, MonacoMan said:

Okay...I still say the Strange Visitor alien episode is the worst! :crazy: But, I gotta say...the Robot P. Coltrane one was right behind it. :mad:  Season 7 actually started off pretty good, in my opinion...but the robot episode was a definite nose-dive. :(

I kinda liked the Robot P. Coltrane one...not as good as a bunch of others but still...pretty good. My least fav. list is The Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Duke and Carnival of Thrills ( that was corny and goofy even on a Hazzard scale!)….I got 1 or 2 others but can't think of them just now.....

2 hours ago, Hobie Harkins said:

I kinda liked the Robot P. Coltrane one...not as good as a bunch of others but still...pretty good. My least fav. list is The Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Duke and Carnival of Thrills ( that was corny and goofy even on a Hazzard scale!)….I got 1 or 2 others but can't think of them just now.....

I really like the Carnival of Thrills...first time the Duke boys have a disagreement and interesting plot directions. :tup: The Dr. Jekyl & Mr. Duke episode isn’t one of my favorites (neither is My Son, Bo Hogg) as I don’t particularly care for ones where one of the main stars goes crazy or loses their memory for a while. But, compared to the robot or alien ones, those other episodes are MUCH better written & done! In my opinion, the robot episode started the down-hill direction with the bad writing and/or plots (nothing against the actors themselves as they did awesome with what they were given). You sadly could tell the writers were starting to give up by this point. :(

8 hours ago, MonacoMan said:

I really like the Carnival of Thrills...first time the Duke boys have a disagreement and interesting plot directions. :tup: The Dr. Jekyl & Mr. Duke episode isn’t one of my favorites (neither is My Son, Bo Hogg) as I don’t particularly care for ones where one of the main stars goes crazy or loses their memory for a while. But, compared to the robot or alien ones, those other episodes are MUCH better written & done! In my opinion, the robot episode started the down-hill direction with the bad writing and/or plots (nothing against the actors themselves as they did awesome with what they were given). You sadly could tell the writers were starting to give up by this point. :(

I agree with every word of this....well written cousin!