S01E07, "Luke's Love Story": The episode is ok, I just didn't like the cheesy love plot.

S01E08, "The Big Heist": was kind of slow to me.

S01E13, "Double Sting", the villain characters were a bit too weird and plus I really didn't like the parts where Daisy was in trouble.

I like the comedy and action, but overall the episodes irk me.

"Strange Visitor to Hazzard" was by far the worst episode to me.  They were just trying to tap into the E.T, movie craze of the time.  It was awful.  My favorite other than the Georgia episodes was The Carnival of Thrills double episode.  It was filmed during Season 2 but saved for the premiere of Season 3.  

• 11 months later...

I'm afraid I'm with the majority of posters on here: Strange Visitor to Hazzard. Erk. The Dukes meet ET. I'm sorry, but it just didn't work for me, either. :( 

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way.

Another on my 'Less than Wonderful' list, which I don't see on here (So maybe I'm in the minority on this one) was the Coy and Vance episode with the Russian gymnast. Just feel it was a bit corny and contrived. What do others think?

:previous:

Speaking of Russians in Hazzard, I was reminded of the film below. It's an anti-Communist piece of propaganda from 1962 (only 21 years before 'Comrade Duke') called 'Red Nightmare'. According to the description, "Jerry 'wakes up' in a communist-controlled town, where he's the only American left." Y'all may recognize the "communist-controlled town"!

I haven't watched enough Coy and Vance episodes to pick any of them out. I think I only watched that season once to give them their credit...so I can't say anything about them other than that I am not a fan of Coy and Vance. Sad thing is, they could have made it work a lot better if they didn't have them dress like Bo and Luke and make them someone they are not. The poor actors didn't stand much of a chance, in my opinion. But even if they did do them differently and had their own personalities, I'd probably still prefer Bo and Luke. 

As for Bo and Luke episodes..."Strange Visitor in Hazzard" ranks at the top of my short least liked episodes. It'd be nice if they at least kept some sort of reality in Hazzard (my opinion). Second would be "Luke's Love Story". I have to admit I loved the fight with Bo and and the bad guy in Cooter's garage...thought that was great! But I really didn't like how they portrayed Bo or Luke in that episode.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 9:03 PM, RogerDuke said:

Nice to hear from you again Andrew. The best thing about Strange Visitor is that you can watch it with little kids and it might get them interested in Dukes. That gives it an advantage that the Georgia episodes don't have. As bad as it was it's still better than 99% of the shows on TV in 2017. 

And that's a fact!!

On ‎2‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 3:59 PM, Roth Potter said:

I've never watched Moonrunners, but since I've seen it on Cooter's store I might buy it. I've ordered a poster from there ones and that arrived here crisp so a DVD shouldn't be a problem. That DVD didn't exist back then.

You might like Moonrunners but the name is  Haig ( not sure how to spell it) and it's Bobby Lee and Grady not Bo and Luke and Uncle Jesse dies in it. It's considered a dark comedy. The Boss isn't named Hogg or JD but Jake. 

• 3 weeks later...

Strange Visitor To Hazzard is hands down my least favorite episode.  For crying out loud, a space alien in Hazzard.  If this isn't a major jump over the shark I don't know what is.  

As RogerDuke said above, "As bad as it was it's still better that 99% of the shows on TV in 2017".

I've never seen Moonruners but plan to soon.  That clip with Uncle Jesse Hagg looks like it's right out of the Georgia episodes.

Edited by Boss JD Hogg

The 1997 reunion movie wasn't bad but it wasn't too good either.  They didn't even try to recreate any of the original sets used on the series.  The town square wasn't the Hazzard town square from the series.  They used some other bar and said the original Boars Nest was destroyed and the Dukes house wasn't even close.  I thought it was better when I first watched it in 1997 but when I saw it again last year it only made me want to just watch the original episodes.  I feel the 2000 movie, Hazzard in Hollywood, was just plain bad. 

I can see one or maybe even two of the younger Dukes moving away but there's no way all 3 would have gone and left a fragile Uncle Jesse by himself. I'll never watch a reunion movie again.  In my mind Hazzard County hasn't changed since its prime (seasons 2-4) and never will. Jesse, Boss, Rosco, Lulu, Miz Tisdale, Waylon ....all still alive and well if you ask me.

I think Daisy should have ended up with Enos.  It's too bad they went that way again in the reunion movie.  

I'm with RogerDuke, Hazzard County hasn't changed.  I have all the seasons on DVD and will continue watching them forever and remembering the show that way.  

BTW, I've never seen the 2005 movie and most likely never will. 

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎2‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 11:29 AM, RogerDuke said:

I can see one or maybe even two of the younger Dukes moving away but there's no way all 3 would have gone and left a fragile Uncle Jesse by himself. I'll never watch a reunion movie again.  In my mind Hazzard County hasn't changed since its prime (seasons 2-4) and never will. Jesse, Boss, Rosco, Lulu, Miz Tisdale, Waylon ....all still alive and well if you ask me.

Right on Roger!!! Hazzard is eternal and when I don't get to watch it on TV and I'm somewhere and I'm tired  or need to rest...I tell my wife " I'm going to the land"...and she knows what I mean and she knows WHERE I mean! Hazzard is a frame of mind and a lifestyle! We have people around where I live, that have  " 01"  and  " Hazzard Life" on the sides of their cars etc.