Carnival of Thrills has its moments. Like the jump at the end. But the corniest part of the episode was at the end of part 1 when Bo says "You're lucky we're in Uncle Jesse's house!" and Luke says, "You're about to get unlucky, because we can always step outside" (or something like that). Some of the dialogue in The Dukes of Hazzard was really corny, especially at the end of season 3 and the middle and end of season 4. They should have kept it like the Georgia episodes, where the writing was great and the dialogue was too. Although many will say the Georgia episodes were overrated.

And also another episode that's good but kind of annoys me is "Double Sting", because the robbers' whole Laurel and Hardy shtick was a bit too weird and corny for me. The jump was ok (also record-breaking, not sure if it still holds the record) but it's starting to annoy me because they reused it in other episodes and people talk about it too much, but that's for another thread.

Carnival of Thrills has its moments. Like the jump at the end. But the corniest part of the episode was at the end of part 1 when Bo says "You're lucky we're in Uncle Jesse's house!" and Luke says, "You're about to get unlucky, because we can always step outside" (or something like that). Some of the dialogue in The Dukes of Hazzard was really corny, especially at the end of season 3 and the middle and end of season 4. They should have kept it like the Georgia episodes, where the writing was great and the dialogue was too. Although many will say the Georgia episodes were overrated.

I was thinking the SAME thing! " You're unlucky because we can always step outside!" GOOFY!!  Also stupid, remember how Bo was going to make the jump and when he was about to do it, Luke was going to " Ride shotgun" with him, so he could keep his eye on the speed, etc. so Bo could concentrate on the jump!! THAT was weak! How about shooting his chances in the foot, by adding a couple hundred pounds to the weight of the car? Dumb!!! This whole episode with its goofiness and stupidity, makes you wonder about the writers!  This one and Dr. Jekyl and Mr. duke are my two least favorite!

Edited by Hobie Harkins

I'll also agree on Robot P Coltrane along with Strange Visitor but I think I heard James Best say that they were his ideas so out of respect to him I watch them without complaint. I've also watched them with grandchildren. That makes them much better. Although I have to admit I don't need the grandchildren around to enjoy the Dukes cartoons. They'd still cool!

I don't really care for the Coy & Vance episodes though there are a few gems. There is one episode from Season 7 I usually skip past, can't remember the name of it but Bo & Luke jump the General over a barn, it is so cheesy and stupid. You can tell it's a model car and you can tell they really didn't spend the money on the shot otherwise it would have been done better. 

That movie from 2005 has some impressive stunt, I give them that, but everything else? That highway jump was one of the best jump ever.

maybe one or two stunts but most of them were either cgi or just throwing an empty car. At least on the show most of the stunts were done in real life besides the ones done with model kit cars.  

Justin don't waste your time watching the 2005 movie, it's garbage.