Forum Software Update

Meadowmufn

If I use the spoiler tags, the background is white. The standard text is white too and thus unreadable without manually changing your text colour. Could this be easily fixed by changing the spoiler background or is this not so easily done?

As an example:

Example text.

Edited by Roth Potter

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, Meadowmufn said:

I updated the forums tonight. Looks like functionality is ok, but some of the colors might be wonky. I'll try to clean it up in the morning. In the meantime, if you find any issues, please post them here or PM me.

As always MM we appreciate your passion for the Dukes and your nearly two decade dedication to this website. You are our hero. 

4 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

As always MM we appreciate your passion for the Dukes and your nearly two decade dedication to this website. You are our hero. 

And that's a fact! We thank you so much! Always know we love you and appreciate you! If you were here with me at the Hazzard Car lot, I'd give you a big ol' Hazzard County hug! :)

It figures, the day after I finally upgrade the software they come out with another update. :lol: I will be bringing the site down for a short while in the next day or so to 1) update the software and 2) move the site to a new server. I'll try to do it late at night to cause the least amount of disruption. With the server move, however, it may be up to 24 hours for the DNS updates to propagate across the internet. 

On 5/14/2018 at 2:54 AM, RogerDuke said:

Poor MM. If it ain't one thing it's another. 

As the page loaded and jumped up and down a bit, I got to read Roger's comment (above) after MM's latest post, and thought he was referring MM's mother-in-law coming over!

Have mother-in-law jokes ever been a thing in the US? In the UK, Les Dawson used to be known for them in the '70s/'80s:

23 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

Political correctness has pretty much caused many jokes to not be told anymore but mother-in-laws seem to still be fair game. I love my mother-in-law so I don't tell them. Sadly, she now has dementia and is no longer the same person she was. 

I love my mother-in-law too. We get along great. She treats me like the daughter she never had. :)

Ok, forum software has been updated AGAIN. Also, I updated our privacy policy to bring it into compliance with GDPR.

Remember the days when you could run a fun community website and not have to pay a lawyer? I miss those days.

The server move will probably happen sometime this weekend.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Since a few months however when I try replying to a topic using my phone, which I always use to browse forums with nowadays, it doesn't post the message and just goes back to an empty typing box. I haven't tried if this is to do with certain topics or if it is random, but more often then not I have to wait till I'm at my PC to reply now.

Edited by Roth Potter

12 hours ago, Roth Potter said:

^This problems seems to persist,which I can certainly live with.

Since a few months however when I try replying to a topic using my phone, which I always use to browse forums with nowadays, it doesn't post the message and just goes back to an empty typing box. I haven't tried if this is to do with certain topics or if it is random, but more often then not I have to wait till I'm at my PC to reply now.

I'll look into it. Looks like there's an update to the software, so I'll try to get that done this weekend to see if it fixes any of the issues.

If you need any help with it just ask me MM. I'm getting pretty good with technology. Just the other day I figured out how to adjust the volume on the remote that works our TV. It really wasn't that hard. Pressing the + means that the TV gets louder. And here's where it starts to get a little more complicated.....The longer you hold the + down, the louder it gets. There is a limit though. After a while the volume seems to hit a peak and won't get any louder. I know because I held it down for a solid 2 minutes and it didn't get any louder. My wife yelled louder though so I guess it did work in a way. So let me know if you need any help. 

On 12/27/2018 at 4:38 AM, RogerDuke said:

If you need any help with it just ask me MM. I'm getting pretty good with technology. Just the other day I figured out how to adjust the volume on the remote that works our TV. It really wasn't that hard. Pressing the + means that the TV gets louder. And here's where it starts to get a little more complicated.....The longer you hold the + down, the louder it gets. There is a limit though. After a while the volume seems to hit a peak and won't get any louder. I know because I held it down for a solid 2 minutes and it didn't get any louder. My wife yelled louder though so I guess it did work in a way. So let me know if you need any help. 

Roger, you reminded me of this old Tim Vine joke:

I saw this advert in a window that said: “Television for sale, £1, volume stuck on full.” I thought, “I can’t turn that down." :)

12 hours ago, HossC said:

Roger, you reminded me of this old Tim Vine joke:

I saw this advert in a window that said: “Television for sale, £1, volume stuck on full.” I thought, “I can’t turn that down." :)

I'm definitely going to be repeating this joke to friends and family!......with a little monetary adjustment of course (since I can't do a volume adjustment)