Information Needed

RogerDuke

I've been thinking lately how I'll never own a repicla of any vehicle from the show then it hit me.....I love dirt bikes. I have since I was little. Maybe I should consider making a replica of Mix Tisdales motorcycle. Is it possible to find out what year and engine size it was? Im no Cooter but I am good enough with dirt bikes to fix one up if I could get one that was the right model and year. I'm embarrassed I can't tell what it is by just seeing it but since I can't I hope someone can help. THANKS

Im just figuring out how to use my wifes new tablet. You might have noticed I wrote Mix Tisdale. It should have said Miz. I couldn't figure out how to correct it once I posted it. I hear everybody laughing.....low tech RogerDuke is on a tablet.....imagine that...I just noticed it was mispelled again. I guess it wasn't my fault after all. Spell check did it

Here are a couple of screengrabs showing Miz Tisdale delivering Turk and Moody's disguises in 'Double Dukes'.

MizTisdaleBike1_0402.jpg

MizTisdaleBike2_0402.jpg

I know almost nothing about motorcycles, but IMCDb.com identifies it as a 1981 Yamaha IT 175 I. Here's a picture for reference.

MizTisdaleBike3_0402.jpg

By the way, Roger, you also misspelled "misspelled" - or should that be mizspelled :wink:.

Of course you knew that HossC would do all the research for you!!

I like that idea Roger- to me that's better than painting a dirtbike like the General Lee, which is what would occur to most people.  To me, replicating even an obscure prop from the show will feel a little more like having a 'real' piece of Hazzard.

I am working on a TV show prop project that was based on 1979 Yamaha MX 175 and you can find those for around $200-300.

You'll of course need the matching helmet and a box bungeed to the back.  Maybe also some kind of container that says Hazzard Post Office?

And when you are done, you can get a custom Hazzard motorcycle license plate for it:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DUKES-OF-HAZZARD-CUSTOM-TEXT-HAZZARD-COUNTY-LICENSE-PLATE-motorcycle-plate-4x7-/261990281500?hash=item3cffd6711c&vxp=mtr

Mark

(Scooter Davenport)

Edited by Mark B.

Wow I expected to get a response or two but not this quick. Thank you very much Hoss and Mark. It looks like I have a new project on my hands.

Luckily I like Yamahas. The bike I own now is a Yamaha TW200. I have an autographed picture of Sonny Shroyer sitting on a Yamaha dirt bike. Its from a move called The Devil and Max Devlin. Would it be hard to figure out what kind of Yamaha that was? I'm sure it would be older than 1981 but now I'm just curious.

I've never seen the movie, and obviously it would be helpful if you could post the picture, but IMCDb lists the following Yamahas in 'The Devil and Max Devlin':

Yamaha IT 175
Yamaha TT 500
1980 Yamaha YZ
1979 Yamaha YZ 250

The IT 175 gets most stars, indicating it has more screen-time than the others. Check out the page here.