Howdy good folks!

Hi there everybody, I'm new to this forum..My name is J, and I'm from the United Kingdom, I joined yesterday but couldn't get my validation right, until now. xD  to put it quite simply I'm in my late teens and I'm a very big Dukes fan ( I own Season 1 and I watch the rest of the series online, one of these days I will own the rest of the series) I've been a fan ever since I played The Dukes of Hazzard Racing for Home on the PS1 when I was very young, I have my parents to thank for getting me into the series when they bought me a VHS tape of Season 2, and I really fell in love, The General, The Duke Boys, Uncle Jesse, Daisy, and also Boss Hogg and Sheriff Rosco and Enos, everyone's just such a tight neck group in the Dukes and it's all about family, I wasn't too keen on the 2005 movie but it did have some laughs in it, but nothing comes close to the original series...me in general, I'm very fond of the South, I love the classic music like Waylon Jennings, Hank Williams, Willie Nelson Johnny Cash, Johnny Paycheck etc...and I love the jibe and the way they dress and how kind they are.

One of these days when I get a car, I'm going to decorate it just like the General, hopefully I won't get pulled over  :rofl:

But it's very nice to meet you all fellow Dukes fans! (I'm also on another forum just like this, the Miami Vice forum I do love my classic shows) and it's full off good folks like yourselves, all fans and good people who watched the show back in the day...

( I also think it's ridiculous they want to remove the Confederate Flag of the General to be PC)

But anyway, nice introducing myself...thank you, I'm proud to be here.

YEEEHAWWW!  B)

Have a good day folks!  :-P

Edited by Lucas_Duke95

Hey there buddy! It's great to have you! Not many people get on here anymore but you'll see a few from time to time!  And you are exactly right about the PC mess with the flag! Black and proud? Good for you! Mexican and proud? Right on! White and proud? You're a racist!!

I'm a mix race of brown and white, and it is so silly isn't it? not once would I accuse the Duke Boys of being racist, they're rebels and that flag represents everything there is to be about a Southern rebel, it's not racist at all..

Now just for one second would you ever consider The Dukes racist? no way in hell! 

PC correctness is really messed up these days.

And thank you for such a warm welcome :)

Welcome to HNet, J. I'm also from the UK, but currently living across the Irish Sea.

I wasn't too keen on the 2005 movie ..

I've never thought much of the 2005 movie either, but I finally bought it last week. In my defense, it was in the "previously viewed" section, and I jokingly said to myself that I'd buy it if it was under 50 cents (most of the other movies were at least €2). Well, it was priced at 25 cents (roughly $0.28/£0.18 at today's exchange rates), so now I own it :).

Welcome to HNet, J. I'm also from the UK, but currently living across the Irish Sea.

I've never thought much of the 2005 movie either, but I finally bought it last week. In my defense, it was in the "previously viewed" section, and I jokingly said to myself that I'd buy it if it was under 50 cents (most of the other movies were at least €2). Well, it was priced at 25 cents (roughly $0.28/£0.18 at today's exchange rates), so now I own it :).

That's pretty awesome actually. xD

I'm with you MM, I didn't care for either one of the reunion movies, but I have both of them. I have only seen them once or twice....the REAL stuff...the 147 episodes, I can watch over and over and not get tired of! ( Although even some of those I hardly ever watch, because they just didn't " Grab" me!) :)

I'm a mix race of brown and white, and it is so silly isn't it? not once would I accuse the Duke Boys of being racist, they're rebels and that flag represents everything there is to be about a Southern rebel, it's not racist at all..

Now just for one second would you ever consider The Dukes racist? no way in hell! 

PC correctness is really messed up these days.

And thank you for such a warm welcome :)

Your welcome buddy, and I feel the same way you do about all that!!

Edited by Hobie Harkins