Forum Migration

I have finished migrating to the new forum software. Welcome to the new forums. Excuse the dust as I get some of the kinks out and continue to tweak the look and feel. Not everything tranferred as smoothly as I'd hoped, so you may have to re-do signature pics or avatars. If you find any anomalies, please PM me or post here about them so I can investigate.

Thanks!

Yeah, the white might take some getting used to. Not sure if I'll keep it that way or not, but it does make things a bit more readable, doesn't it? When I upgrade the board to 4.0, I might switch things up again. I had a great skin I'd created for 4.0 that used the dark background. Unfortunately, I found too many issues with 4.0 at the moment, the biggest of which was not interpreting BBCode correctly. I really didn't feel like going through and updating 4000 posts to fix the BBCode. (I know, I'm lazy. LOL!) And I couldn't find a resolution on the IP community forum. So, until the next 4.X release and I get adventurous enough to do so, we're using a slightly earlier version. At any rate, that's the reason the upgrade took too long. The first migration to 4.0 revealed the BBCode issue, so I started over and migrated to 3.4.7. That migration went well, but I found a bug in the moderation tools (which I found out later had a workaround). So, hopeful that a successful migration to an earlier version would fix the BBCode problem in 4.0, I upgraded, only to find the issue still there. UGH. So, I started over and went back to 3.4.7. LOL. Not exactly a smooth transition, but I think things are mostly working now.

In the next few weeks, I'll probably open tickets with IP to address some of the issues I've found, but for the meantime, enjoy the new forums!

Most of the problems with sigs had to do with accounts that had images. I think most of the regulars came through unscathed, but I know there are some accounts with sig problems. I think most avatars came through ok too. There are a few little quirks I'm finding here and there and fixing them as I go along. If any of you find any issues, let me know in this thread.

One new cool feature is that you can see a notice on the chat tab in the forum navigation bar that shows how many people are in the chatroom. Pretty neat. Hopefully that wil get people using it more. If we get to the point where we regularly have more than 5 people wanting to use it, I'll upgrade to a larger room.

Roger Duke is a real jerk and I can't stand him.

Come on now, I just insulted a pretty nice old timer. If that's not good for a couple warning points I don't know what is.

It will be a hysterical day on the HazzardNet if I can be the first one to get some.

I think I meant to say historical.

(One of my all time favorite Rosco lines)

:previous:

One small issue I've noticed: the "01" icon on the browser tab bar (favicon.ico) seems to have been replaced by an Invision Power icon since the recent upgrade. The original icon still shows up when viewing HNet's front page.

NB. I get the same results in four different browsers.

Oh, uhm... sorry for double posting but I just tried to change my above post but it said I don't have permission to do so. I think that should be changed so we can edit it after like the previous forum. I believe it was 1 hour after? So much forums I mix them up sometimes.

What I wanted to change in the previous post was "I was about to say the same".

• 2 weeks later...